Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Technology essay writing Queen's College

Technology essay writing Queen's College

May/Fri/2018 | Uncategorized

Searching information for your essay - Library - Stockholms universitet

Technology essay writing Queen's College

Write My Research Paper for Me -
Student Essay Competition | AAAS - The World s Largest General

A Rebuttal to Paul Harvey#8217;s #8220;If I Were the Devil#8221; This is essay Queen's College a guest post written by writing an exploratory essay Istituto Marangoni London Anonymous . [ Note: Among the many things conservative radio broadcaster Paul Harvey was known for technology essay writing Queen's College was his essay #8220;If I were the Devil,#8221; versions of which you can see here. This piece is a rebuttal to Harvey#8217;s essay. ] If I were the how to research article School, Prince of Darkness I would want to engulf the world in the darkness of ignorance; I would use this ignorance to cause divisiveness among men, and my success would give me control of every nation in the world. First, I would invent religion. Not just one religion, but many religions, and technology Queen's I would delude the essay writing powerpoint University, followers of each into believing that theirs was the “one true faith.” In so doing, I would promote an attitude among mankind that the followers of religions other than their own must do so only through ignorance or the primitiveness of their culture. And I would promote an attitude among them all that those who refuse to accept any religion are delusional, arrogant, or evil; I would have families indoctrinate their children into their particular religion prior to an age at which the children could understand or question the concepts of that religion. I would know that children are trusting of their parents and very few will ever consider that their parents could possibly be wrong about writing College a topic of such consequence; I would have everyone believing that anything they ever experienced that might be beyond their personal understanding must be rooted in supernatural causes; With the cunning of writing an exploratory essay Marangoni a fox, I would make them believe that I was the Creator of essay Queen's mankind, the earth and the entire universe. Writing Marangoni? I would have them believe that their achievements could only happen under my guiding hand, and that any tragedy that befell them happened at essay Queen's College my will for reasons beyond their capability or need to understand; I would convince some of conclusion argumentative Idyllwild Arts Academy them that failure to Queen's, worship and love me would result in their having an eternal punishment following the end of their already wretched earthly lives; If religion were not fully sufficient to cause divisiveness between men, I would teach them to weave flags and create borders between lands, and I’d give those born within each border a feeling that they are more deserving of the coursework Kensington School, resources within their own borders than those who aren’t; My closest disciples would work to pass laws subjugating all men who reside within certain borders to live according to technology College, the religion most prevalently followed within those borders; I would convince humanity that men who lived in how to research School earlier times were inherently wiser and more pure of heart; If some of the people began to technology essay writing Queen's College, study, unlock and how to a feature understand the realities of nature I would have them branded as blasphemers; If these blasphemers attempted to educate others about the true nature of the universe, I would have my disciples fight tooth and nail to stop them; If I were the devil I would make men believe that they are superior to women; that work performed by a woman is not worthy of the same pay as that performed by a man; and that laws should be passed to technology writing Queen's College, deny women from controlling their part in reproduction; I would make humans think that they are my favorite form of life and that other animals need not be treated with respect or compassion; I would make euthanasia a crime so that I could enjoy watching the terminally ill writhe in write for a magazine Conestoga agony or spend their final days in a drug-induced stupor; I would persuade people that sexuality comes solely from personal choice, and that those who are not heterosexual are sinners not entitled to technology writing Queen's College, the rights of other citizens. I would infiltrate the writing powerpoint MacEwan, wealthiest of corporations and instill in their leaders the idea that they and only they are entitled to live in comfort and I’d tell them that those who labor on technology Queen's College, their behalf are not worthy of pay or benefits that would enable them to live without having to writing Istituto Marangoni London, worry about technology College having to choose between paying the a feature for a magazine, electric bill or the technology Queen's, water bill, or between buying groceries or buying school supplies; I might even pose as a professional essayist and get paid to a feature article for a, read my propaganda to millions of radio listeners in a neighborly, persuasive voice. If I were the devil I would do all of these things and technology College more because I would take delight in the immeasurable suffering caused by conclusion Idyllwild Arts Academy ignorance and intolerance.

But I’m not the devil, nor do I believe in the existence of such a hideous being, any more than I believe in the existence of gods, unicorns, leprechauns or dragons. #8230; and that’s the rest of the story. Good day! I would venture to technology essay writing College, say that most of the how to write research Kent School, people who critisize christianity do not have the slightest knowledge base, on average, to even make accurate statements of the religion. Unless you have read the entire bible and can bring verses off the top of your head I#8217;d also be confident to College, ask how you can argue against something that you don#8217;t actually understand? It#8217;s because people typically study what supports beliefs they already have. And when they read something that could disprove their belief#8230;..they simply ignore it. That goes for both christians and atheists alike.

I am a christian. I#8217;ve learned both the School, bible, and the theory of evolution. And how the earth was made through millions of years of geoghrapical miracles. Essay Writing College? Whether you believe in creation, or islam, or evolution#8230;.none of it can truly be proven 100%. Conclusion Argumentative Arts? All you who critisize #8220;blind faith#8221; are more than likely practicing just that when you believe in essay Queen's science. Nobody will know until death whether religion is the way to go or not#8230;.but i bet the people who believe in how to for a magazine College a higher power have nothing to lose when they go. Technology Essay College? If I were the devil I#8217;d just be a friendly atheist, all that religion stuff is such a lot of hard work and so confusing with so many opinions and arguments, too exhausting. Write Article For A? I#8217;d teach binary decision processes for a living, or high school mathematics, as there are safely no arguments where I could be wrong.

All the cool kids would think I#8217;m so smart they#8217;d ignore my true identity and hopefully come to hell with me and technology writing Queen's College the other end game losers.

High Quality Custom Essay Writing Service -
Assistive Technology for Students with Learning - LD school

Institute for Writing and technology writing Queen's, Rhetoric. This document provides a broad overview of the thesis argumentative essay Montverde, practice of citing sources. It discusses why learning to cite sources is an essential part of your education, as well as why failing to cite your sources properly can have serious consequences. This document covers a wide range of scenarios relating to citing sources, plagiarism, and Dartmouth’s Academic Honor Principle. Unlike its predecessor, Sources: Their Use and Acknowledgement , this document does not give specific examples of how to cite in common formats, such as the MLA, APA, and Science styles. Although many disciplines represented at Dartmouth use these styles, citation styles vary among disciplines and even among professors within the same discipline. Essay Writing Queen's? Develop the habit, in each of your classes and with each of your professors, of learning the conventions of essay writing MacEwan University, when and how to cite. Here is the best single piece of advice that we can offer: Whenever you have any question about whether to cite or how to cite, ask your professor.

At the essay writing Queen's College, Reference Desk at argumentative essay Academy, Baker-Berry Library you can find copies of commonly used style manuals such as The MLA Handbook, The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, and The Chicago Manual of Style. You can take advantage of the writing Queen's, Library’s subscription to the online edition of The Chicago Manual of Style. The MLA and how to write article Conestoga, APA style manuals are not available online, but you can access many reliable, non-affiliated guides (see, most prominently, Diana Hacker’s Research and Documentation Online). Essay Writing Queen's? At the Reference Desk, librarians can also assist you with formatting your citations and coursework Park, bibliography. Proper citation lies at the heart of intellectual exchange. Technology Essay Writing College? By citing sources correctly, you acknowledge your debts to other scholars, signal your desire to belong to a community of ideas, and highlight—precisely—your contribution to the ongoing academic conversation. When you demonstrate that you have done the research required to qualify you to join the conversation, you not only show respect for others’ work, you also confer authority upon yourself and highlight the novelty of your particular contribution to the set of ideas under discussion. In these ways, citing sources represents a fundamental step in developing a scholarly voice. Furthermore, by citing sources you extend a courtesy to other scholars. MacEwan? Citations provide a trail by which others who are interested in your topic can track an idea.

Plagiarism is intellectual theft. It occurs when you use the words or ideas of others without acknowledging that you have done so. If you are aware of a source, use an idea or quotation from this source, and fail to cite it, then you have plagiarized—regardless of your intent. If you quote from a source, you must specifically mark the quoted material and immediately cite the source. Place the quoted text in quotation marks or format it as a block quotation. Technology Essay? Your citation should appear at the point of quotation, either in parentheses or in a footnote or endnote. Of An Argumentative Idyllwild? Listing the source in a bibliography does not, by itself, constitute proper citation; you must cite at technology essay writing Queen's College, the point of use.

If you quote a distinctive phrase, or even a single distinctive word, place it in coursework assessment Park School, quotation marks and cite the Queen's College, source. If you paraphrase an idea or special information from a source—that is, if you restate the idea, but alter the exact wording—you must cite that source. If you use images, maps, charts, tables, data sets, musical compositions, movies, new-media compositions, computer source code, song lyrics, and essay Montverde, the like, you must cite the source. If you find a solution to a problem on a website and use that solution—even if you use it just to teach yourself how to solve the essay writing College, problem—you must cite the source. If you want to submit the same work, in whole or in writing powerpoint MacEwan, part, for writing College, more than one course, then, according to Dartmouth’s Academic Honor Principle, you must get the approval, in advance, of all professors involved. Citation styles and writing powerpoint MacEwan, formats matter, but style and formatting errors do not constitute plagiarism. As long as you properly cite your source at the place where you use another’s words or ideas, you are not plagiarizing. Once style and technology essay writing College, formatting errors are brought to your attention, you should correct them for the benefit of readers who might wish to trace your sources. Just as there are consequences for theft of property, there are consequences for plagiarism.

Because academic integrity is so fundamental to the Dartmouth community, students who violate this standard usually are suspended from the College—even upon a first offense and even if they did not intend to plagiarize. The rule seems simple: Whenever you quote from Montverde or use another person’s work, that author must be cited. But what should you do when you are writing about an idea that did not originate with you, that seems to Queen's be part of “common knowledge,” and that you may or may not have taken from a specific source? While you do not need to essay Academy cite common knowledge, it may prove difficult for you to recognize what knowledge is technology essay Queen's “common.” Try to determine how scholars treat similar information. Do they cite it? If not, it is probably common knowledge, at least within this particular discipline. How To Write Article Kent School? Do some cite while others do not? Play it safe, and cite.

Is the technology Queen's, information in question brand new information for you? Are you unable to find that information in coursework Kensington, multiple sources? Again, play it safe, and cite. If you need further confirmation, ask your professor. In some courses, you might be permitted to collaborate with other students on work that you submit for grades. Policies regarding collaboration vary from course to course, and often from assignment to assignment within the same course. If you are considering working with someone else on an assignment, make sure that you understand the policy on collaboration for that particular assignment.

Students have been found responsible for Queen's, violating the Academic Honor Principle for write article Kent School, collaborating outside the essay writing Queen's, expressed bounds of an assignment. For further discussion of working ethically in collaboration, see section 2.B, “Collaborating with Your Peers.” 2 Processes and Practices of a Scholarly Community. In coming to Dartmouth, you join a scholarly community, a group engaged in various intellectual conversations. Some of these conversations have continued for several terms, some for decades, and others for centuries. Coursework Kensington Park? Your professors want you to join in. Every Dartmouth student has the essay writing Queen's, capacity to contribute new perspectives to how to a feature the ongoing conversation of scholarship. The faculty and technology, librarians will help you. Imagine the following. 1 You enter a dining hall, get your meal, and conclusion Academy, sit down at writing Queen's, a table where people are engaged in a lively conversation.

You listen for a few minutes and then decide to join in by picking up on one of the conversational threads. Following the etiquette of Academy, good conversation, you would not repeat someone else’s idea, passing it off as your own. Instead, you would credit the original speaker, building on this idea by giving it a new twist, or using it to launch your own perspective. The conventions of a dinner conversation resemble those of technology Queen's, a scholarly conversation. When you compose a paper, a lab report, a presentation, or a film, you add your voice— your ideas, your point of view—to a conversation that is in progress. When you acknowledge and cite your sources, you act as a responsible member of the scholarly community. Conclusion Of An Argumentative Arts Academy? Those reading or viewing your work know that you have done your research; they can tell which ideas in the work are yours. If you fail to cite your sources, you will be thought of as a poser or a fraud. At best, you will leave your readers or viewers confused about which ideas are yours.

At worst, they will know that you have taken credit for technology essay writing College, the work of others and how to write a feature for a magazine Conestoga College, will regard you as an intellectual thief. Alas, the practice of citing sources is not always as straightforward as it might seem. Essay Writing? Below, we examine some of the issues that arise as you work with and cite sources, that is, as you participate in those conversations we call scholarly. How To Article For A Conestoga College? Some of these issues relate directly to writing plagiarism; others deal more broadly with careful, responsible academic work. Many students envision citing sources as the final step in the writing process.

They collect their materials, make notes, and draft their arguments. Write Article Kent School? If they find themselves “on a roll,” they may not want to stop to check or to cite their sources, figuring that they can add the citations later on as finishing touches. But this practice is essay writing Queen's College neither efficient nor safe. It is far better practice to cite your sources as you find them and use them. Thesis Montverde? When you decide to essay Queen's use a source, fully record all the information required to craft a citation. When you make note of a particular passage, be careful to article School include the page number. If you make careful notes, you will not need to search the source to identify missing details later. Also, be careful when you cut and paste your sources from your notes to your paper. It is all too easy, while composing, to cut and paste a quotation from technology your notes without also pulling along the citation. Sloppy note-taking does not excuse plagiarism.

In sum, do not wait until the final draft to insert citations. Writing? The take-home message: cite while you write. Being part of a scholarly community often requires that you collaborate with others on your work. Collaborating can pose special problems. We offer here some typical examples of collaboration and the citation challenges that they raise. When assigning problem sets, professors expect you to turn in your own work. If your professor allows you to talk to others in the class or use the course textbook or web resources, you should be careful to abide by writing Queen's, the professor’s guidelines for using these resources. When in doubt about research article School, how to collaborate and cite appropriately, ask your professor. Collaboration on Laboratory Assignments.

In many laboratory science courses, you are expected to work in teams to complete experiments. You share the Queen's College, equipment, resources, and data with other students during your time in the lab. Conclusion Argumentative Idyllwild Academy? Following the technology essay writing Queen's College, experiment, you are often expected to write up your results independently of other students. Be sure that the written work you submit is your own. If you have talked with or worked with other classmates, cite them in your lab reports. It is important to consult the professor or teaching assistant about the expectations for assessment Kensington Park School, independent work.

You should not assume that the lab rules used in one course apply to another course. Some professors do not allow any exchange of data or tables. Consult the syllabus before deciding whether and essay College, how to share results. Collaboration on Computer Programming Assignments. Most courses that assign computer programs allow you to discuss problems with other students in the class, but you should not copy code from others in order to correct errors in an exploratory essay Istituto, your own code. When you submit a computer program as coursework, unless you have a partner, you should have created it, typed it in, documented it, and technology essay, generated output by yourself.

In most courses, you may consult with the professor, teaching assistants, and writing an exploratory essay Istituto, classmates while designing your solution. Technology Essay Queen's? Finally, you should attribute any source that helped you design, write, or debug your code. When you are asked to how to write research article write collaboratively, be sure that you understand the technology essay writing College, terms of the collaboration and that you follow them carefully. Consider recording who does what, in research article Kent, terms of writing and research, and make the record available to all collaborators, so that no one will dispute what it contains, should some aspect of the collaboration come into question. Writing College? If particular students have completed specific tasks (one has done the research, another the drafting, another the editing and citation checking), you might want to make a note of this distribution of labor at the paper’s end. Because you are responsible for the content of essay Idyllwild Arts, any work that bears your name, you should read over any such work before it is submitted. Assistance in Foreign Language Courses. In courses on non-English languages and essay writing Queen's College, literatures, instructors generally evaluate your writing not only on the content of your arguments but also on correct usage of the foreign language.

In such courses, you should always ask your professor for instructions on whether, or how, you can seek stylistic or grammatical help while writing in the foreign language. For example, some language professors encourage students to consult a dictionary first, and essay Marangoni London, only then to ask for College, help about a specific case—from the professor, a friend whose. knowledge of the foreign language is more advanced, or a host family if you are studying abroad. Coursework Assessment Kensington? You should not ask these parties to essay Queen's College revise, edit, or correct a draft of your paper, however. If you consult grammar books, seeking to write at conclusion of an Idyllwild Arts, a level significantly exceeding the technology essay Queen's, instruction currently offered in essay Montverde Academy, your course, you should cite those reference works. If your language course provides a teaching or writing assistant, always ask your professor exactly how you may use such assistance as you compose and revise written work in the foreign language. Your work should always represent your effort and knowledge both in content as well as in usage of language. 2.C Your Great Idea Is Already Published? Suppose you come up with an idea and then discover that someone else has already published it. You might feel discouraged, but you could also regard this experience as proof that you, too, are capable of technology essay writing Queen's, coming up with publishable ideas. Scholarship is a conversation, much of it in print, and essay Idyllwild Academy, becoming a scholar involves joining in.

You can enter the conversation in any number of writing, ways, always citing the College, sources of these ideas. You can agree with other scholars but push their ideas a step or two further, or in another direction entirely. You can agree with their analyses and then put those same observations and analyses to work on another text, event, or problem. You can recast the problem in entirely new terms and point out essay College other scholars’ unacknowledged assumptions. You may, after further reading and thought, decide that you disagree with the prevailing critical opinions and proceed from there. One thing you certainly should not do is proceed as if you had never discovered that someone else already published your idea. Finally, if you are worried about having something original to contribute to the scholarly discussion, make an appointment to see your professor. Do it early in the process. Write A Feature Article College? Professors have been facing this predicament for years and know how to help you. 2.D Using and Citing Images, Video, and essay, Audio.

As you write essays and develop presentations, you may want to include images, audio, or video clips to how to a feature magazine Conestoga College make your argument. You may legally use these images, without permission, for academic purposes. Technology Essay College? You may not, without permission, post your work online or display it in any for-profit setting. To do so would be in violation of U. S. copyright laws. 3. When using an illustration in article School, your essay, be sure to cite its source according to your professor’s guidelines or to the guidelines of the department or program in which the course is technology Queen's offered. When creating a film, be sure to cite sources and give credit at the film’s end. How To Article Magazine Conestoga? If you use images, video, or audio in a presentation, determine a strategy for citation, providing the source on the slide where the borrowed material appears. If this citation practice is not appropriate for the discipline, provide citations at the presentation’s end. 2.E Acknowledging Sources in Presentations. The style of attribution in technology writing Queen's, oral or multimedia presentations varies considerably, but the conclusion of an argumentative Idyllwild Arts Academy, guiding principle is acknowledgment.

Always let your audience know when you are using someone else’s idea or material in your presentation. Say “quote” and “end quote” if you use a passage verbatim. You might also mention when and where a source first appeared because the time and appearance of the Queen's College, idea may provide useful context for the presentation. Saying where the source was published can also add an element of authority. But these details are not necessary as long as you indicate to whom the idea or work belongs. Your audience can see you afterward if they want more details on how to a feature article magazine, your sources. In addition to citing your sources and your collaborators, scholarly practice calls for you to acknowledge those who have helped you develop your work. You may wish to acknowledge comments made in Queen's College, class by research School, other students, consultations with your professors, or other informal conversations. Scholarship has always been a social activity and we get important—even mind-changing—ideas from personal communication all the essay writing Queen's, time. In the absence of guidance from your professor, your conscience and judgment should guide your decisions about acknowledging this help. The quality of how to write research article, sources varies greatly, and a source that is appropriate for technology writing Queen's, one type of work might be inappropriate for University, another.

This section provides tips to help you find and technology writing Queen's, assess the quality of sources. 3.A Evaluating Credibility of Sources. In any conversation, the speakers may have different levels of credibility. Essay University? Some seem widely read, knowledgeable and able to defend their views confidently and persuasively. Others may exaggerate, oversimplify, or make leaps of logic that render their claims less believable. As you join such conversations, you invariably listen to assess the credibility of the various participants.

In a scholarly conversation, the analog of listening is essay research. Like speakers, individual sources may vary in their degree of credibility. The better you understand the perspectives and contexts reflected in essay, a source, the richer your analysis of that material will be. Primary sources, produced by the actors whom you want to study, usually reflect a range of interests and credibilities. Essay Writing Queen's? Indeed, it is precisely their unique and time-dependent content that makes primary sources—novels, memoirs, advertisements, political speeches, census data, even earlier texts of assessment Park School, history or science—so rich for analysis. Secondary sources, produced by scholars seeking to analyze, arrange, and understand the technology essay writing College, worlds of primary sources, also exhibit varying degrees of credibility and interests. You might read a literary critic differently if you know he is coursework assessment Kensington Park School reviewing a colleague’s book, or a sociologist differently if she is employed by the tobacco industry, or an economist differently if her work is technology Queen's published by a Washington think tank rather than a university press. The question, therefore, is not simply whether or not your sources are credible.

Rather, you should ask to argumentative essay Montverde Academy what extent they are credible and to whom. Writing Queen's College? Being critically aware of the perspectives and interests behind your sources will help enhance the sophistication and credibility of article for a College, your own analyses and technology essay writing College, conclusions. Here is a list of tips developed by Dartmouth librarians that will help you gauge a source’s credibility: Who wrote it? What are the write a feature for a Conestoga College, author’s background and technology essay Queen's, credentials?

Does the author have the expertise to write on this topic? Look for information on the author’s academic affiliation or a brief biography in the front or back of write School, a book, or with the technology Queen's, abstract of a journal. You might also look up the author in the Library Catalog or in Summon to see what else he or she has written. You can also Google the author to find his or her homepage or affiliation. The Web of Science Citation Databases, a scholarly database available through the Library, will allow you to see how many times an article has been cited in other articles—a measure of its influence.

Where was it published? Is it in a scholarly journal? Look for a statement indicating that the journal is peer reviewed (that is, that the articles are independently evaluated by experts in the field). Many scholarly journals are published by how to write a feature for a magazine Conestoga College, university presses (such as Harvard University Press), professional societies (such as the American Medical Association), or scientific publishers (such as Elsevier). Technology Writing Queen's? Who is the intended audience? Is it written for an exploratory essay Marangoni, other scholars and technology essay Queen's, researchers? Look at the language of the article to determine whom the author is writing for. Note whether the writing, writer uses professional jargon or specialized terminology. Consider whether the writer assumes that readers have some background in the field in order to technology writing Queen's College understand the an exploratory essay Istituto Marangoni London, article’s basic terms and writing Queen's, premises. Also consider the organization of the article.

In some disciplines, professional articles will have a predictable structure, perhaps including an coursework assessment Kensington Park abstract, methodology, results, analysis, and technology, conclusion. Is it timely? Is its currency appropriate for its field? The accuracy of a source may depend on essay writing powerpoint MacEwan University, the field. In the sciences, an article from writing just a year or two ago may be outdated, whereas in the humanities, there may be a wider window of timeliness. For some very recent topics, newspapers, magazines, and other popular periodicals may be your best resources. What are the article’s sources? Does the how to write article for a magazine, author draw upon technology Queen's College a context of coursework assessment, research? Look at the footnotes and bibliography to see if the author cites other published research in the same field.

Skim the article to see if it offers a “literature review” or summary of the research on the topic. Determine whether or not the author uses a range of sources—articles, books, reports, etc. 3.B Using Free Online Sources: Google, Wikipedia, and essay writing Queen's College, the Like. The world of information is like a house, full of how to research article School, rooms containing knowledge. Essay Writing? Google will get you onto the front porch of that house, and maybe it will get you in through the front door. But it will allow you only a peek down the how to Kent School, hall and up the stairs. The scholarly conversation—the network of research, discussion, and publication in which your professors participate—typically happens in scholarly journals that are available through the Dartmouth Library. Many students begin their research using Wikipedia. Although Wikipedia may be useful in providing a general overview of a topic—helping you to get your bearings, be certain of facts, or define some basic terms—it is not scholarly. You will need to find academic sources for your research, since the scholarly conversation is not taking place on Wikipedia.

That said, you certainly will find scholarly information available on the free internet. Here is a list of tips developed by Dartmouth librarians that will help you assess online sources: Who wrote it? Look at technology writing, the site’s URL. Is the coursework assessment Park, site a personal website, hosted by technology writing, an internet service provider? Is it a .org, a nonprofit organization? Or is it a .edu, coming from an academic institution?

Clearly a .edu site is more likely to be scholarly than a personal website. But use caution: .edu sites may contain postings by students and others who have no particular authority on the topic. Try to find out as much as you can about the writer of the source you are using. Why and for whom was it written? Ask yourself what the purpose of the site might be. Many websites will have a section that says “About . ” or “FAQ.” These often tell you a good deal about the site’s credibility. Is it current? Consider the timeliness of the site.

Is the site being maintained and updated? Note that, unlike published print, the online medium allows updates at any time. Be sure to make note of the exact date on which you consulted the conclusion essay Idyllwild, website and to include the access date in your citation. What sources does it use? Understand that the content of many websites is taken (if not plagiarized outright) from other sources. Check the website against several sources in technology Queen's College, order to determine whether or not the how to write a feature Conestoga, web writers have used their sources responsibly. Why are you using it? Finally, ask yourself whether you have a compelling reason to use a website in the first place. Is a website an appropriate resource for your topic? Should you look for technology essay College, the information somewhere else?

The Library has many resources to help you with your research. The Library Catalog contains information about everything owned or licensed by the Library—over two million books, over 20,000 print and online journals, and over 12,000 videos and other media items. If you are looking for articles in conclusion of an essay Idyllwild Arts, scholarly journals, the Summon tool will allow you to search many of the Queen's, Library’s databases simultaneously. After starting there, you might see which databases Summon uses for your search, and perhaps explore more specific searches. For example, if you were interested in how memories of the research article School, Holocaust have been represented in writing Queen's College, graphic novels, you might start with a Summon search using keywords such as “Holocaust” and “graphic novels, and check the box that says, Limit to articles from write scholarly publications, including peer-review. Looking at the search results, you might see that Summon recommends a database called MLA International Bibliography. You might then decide to do more searching there, uisng additional search terms.

Of course, the essay College, best resources within the Istituto, Library are librarians themselves. The librarians are here to help you navigate scholarly databases and the network of academic resources. Technology Queen's College? Many of your professors will invite a librarian to class to discuss finding and evaluating resources for your papers. Be sure to take advantage of the help you are offered. Coursework Assessment Kensington School? When in doubt, do not hesitate to ask a librarian or, of course, your professor.

1 This example is adapted from Kenneth Burke, The Philosophy of Literary Form (Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 1941) 110–11. Sources and Citation at Dartmouth College 6. 2 Cite While You Write™ is a feature of essay writing College, EndNote, a software package that facilitates proper citation. 3 According to the fair use exemption of U. S. Copyright Law, “Students may: Use digital images in how to a feature article College, an academic course assignment such as a term paper or thesis, or in fulfillment of degree requirements. … [p]ublicly display their academic work incorporating digital images in courses for which they are registered and during formal critiques at a nonprofit educational institution. Technology Essay Writing Queen's? … [r]etain their academic work in writing powerpoint University, their personal portfolios for later uses such as graduate school and employment applications.

Custom Academic Paper Writing Services -
Essay writing - Study Skills - University of Derby

35+ Creative Ways to List Job Skills on Your Resume. The competitive climate of the job market has reached a fever pitch in recent years. Technology Writing? College degrees are almost as commonplace as high school diplomas, and the pool of candidates for any given career is far-reaching. Argumentative Essay Idyllwild Academy? To stand out in such an environment, job seekers need to focus on accentuating their experiences and backgrounds on technology writing Queen's College, their resumes. A degree from Kensington School a prestigious university or an impressive roster of essay writing Queen's past employers can certainly make a good impression on hiring managers, but the real test of a candidate#39;s fit is how well the person#39;s skills align with the position in question. Wendi Weiner, a certified professional resume writer and founder of The Writing Guru, noted that a job candidate#39;s skills and relevant knowledge are substantiated by the keywords they choose to thesis essay Academy use. Industry-specific core skills will enable a job candidate to successfully pass through an applicant tracking system (ATS), which is utilized by [the majority] of companies today to obtain the right candidates, Weiner said. While it#39;s good to have a well-rounded skills section, it#39;s not enough to simply list a string of essay College phrases.

Josh Ridgeway, director of MSP delivery for staffing agency Kavaliro, reminded job seekers that hiring managers want to see concrete examples of essay writing MacEwan University those skills in essay writing College, action. [See Related Story: Meaningless Words to Delete from Your Resume ] In resumes, you see a skills summary, [which includes] problem solving, excellent customer service, attention to detail, etc., Ridgeway told Business News Daily. Istituto Marangoni London? However, oftentimes, we don#39;t see an explanation of those skills. If you have #39;problem solving#39; and #39;critical thinking#39; in Queen's College, your resume, you should tie those skills into your explanation of job duties and how those specific skills played an important part. Conclusion Essay Idyllwild Arts? The challenge is College greater for those who have been laid off or who have been out of work for an extended period of how to a feature magazine Conestoga College time. For these professionals, the task of proving that their skills are relevant can be a little more difficult than it is for other job seekers. Ford R. Myers, a career coach, speaker and author of the book, Get The Job You Want, Even When No One#39;s Hiring (John Wiley Sons, 2009), advised considering transferable skills that you#39;ve gained from paid and unpaid past experiences. Transferable skills acquired during any activity volunteer positions, classes, projects, parenting, hobbies, sports can be applicable to one#39;s next job, Myers said.

By adding transferable skills to a resume, employers get a better understanding and broader picture of who they are hiring, as well as the interests, values and experiences that the candidate brings to the table. Based on the advice of our expert sources, here are a few broad categories of skills your resume could include, along with unique ways to express them. Jobs require teamwork. There will be constant back-and-forth exchanges with co-workers, and discussing and essay writing Queen's College sharing ideas with supervisors. Employers will want to know the level ofcommunication skills you have and essay MacEwan how well you work with others.

The specific required skills will vary based on your position. Technology Essay Writing Queen's College? A sales representative, for instance, would need to highlight customer service and relationship-building experience. Write A Feature Article For A College? On your resume: writes clearly and concisely; listens attentively; openly expresses ideas, negotiates/resolves differences; provides and asks for feedback; offers well-thought-out solutions; cooperates and works well with others; thrives in a collaborative environment. If the essay writing Queen's, job you want involves working on research projects and companywide campaigns, you#39;re going to want to show off your top-notch planning abilities. Organization skills may sound like a trite, overused filler term, but those skills are the ones that will help you succeed. Show potential employers you#39;ve got what they#39;re looking for by outlining your involvement in, and essay writing powerpoint MacEwan results from, current and previous projects. On your resume: forecasts/predicts; identifies and Queen's College gathers appropriate resources; thoroughly researches background information; develops strategies; thinks critically to writing University solve problems; handles details; coordinates and completes tasks; manages projects effectively; meets deadlines; plans and arranges activities; multitasks; creates plans. Leadership skills can be gained in a variety of conventional and unconventional ways, but it#39;s not always easy to express them on a resume. Demonstrating your management abilities on paper requires you to think about what it is you do as a leader and how you guide your employees toward success.

To give employers a better idea of what you#39;ve accomplished, discuss the size of the essay writing Queen's, team and writing powerpoint the scope of the projects you manage. On your resume: leads and directs others; teaches/trains/instructs; counsels/coaches; manages conflict; helps team members set and College achieve goals; delegates effectively; makes and article implements decisions; enforces policies; oversees projects; measures team results. Social media is one of the most ubiquitous and in-demand skills for jobs in a variety of fields. Socially active organizations are more likely to attract top talent, drive new sales leads and College better engage other employees and customers, said Amir Zonozi, chief of thesis argumentative Montverde strategy at social engagement platform Zoomph. Therefore, when employers look for new hires, they#39;re also typically looking for technology, new internal-brand ambassadors. Zonozi noted that, for positions that directly involve work on corporate social media campaigns, hiring managers love to see concrete numbers and metrics, including Web traffic, audience reach and writing MacEwan overall engagement. Even for nonsocial-media-related positions, you can still demonstrate your experience by referencing specific networks and Queen's College social media management programs you regularly use. On your resume: manages social media campaigns; measures and assessment Kensington Park School analyzes campaign results; identifies and technology writing Queen's connects with industry influencers; sparks social conversation within the brand#39;s community; creates and writing an exploratory essay Istituto executes content strategies; drives engagement and leads; enhances brand image through social presence. Additional reporting by Nicole Fallon Taylor and Jeanette Mulvey. Shannon Gausepohl graduated from Rowan University in writing, 2012 with a degree in journalism.

She has worked at a newspaper and in the public relations field, and is currently a staff writer at Business News Daily. Shannon is a zealous bookworm, has her blue belt in argumentative essay Academy, Brazilian jiu jitsu, and technology essay College loves her Blue Heeler mix, Tucker.

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -
Essay writing - Study Skills - University of Derby

Case Study Discipline And Truancy Education Essay. Participant Selection. The first phase of the study will be quantitative in nature. It will focus on identifying the behavioral and situational factors that predict truancy among middle school students. Employing a cross-section survey design, the study aims to collect data at a particular point in essay Queen's College, time (McMillan, 2000). The participants of this study will be around 100 middle school students enrolled in an alternative school in argumentative Montverde, the DeKalb County Schools System. Being a small transition academy, total enumeration will be used. Essay! In order to identify which factors predict truancy among middle school students, participants will be grouped as a) truant, and b) non-truant. In this manner, we can pinpoint the behavioral and situational predictors of truancy that are not present in MacEwan University, students who are not classified at truant. Identification of students classified as truant will be based on essay writing College school attendance records and referrals from the school counselor.

More specifically, using the definition in Hendricks et al. (2010), students considered truant are students with attendance less than 90%, who were underachieving, marginalized, or experiencing transitional difficulties; had a supportive family or adult sponsor; had no chronic documented health concerns; were without chronic suspensions; and were without significant juvenile offending involvement (p. 176). Both students and parents will be given an invitation to participate in how to write research, the study. A consent form will be provided to technology essay, the parents or guardians of students before the actual conduct of the write Kent study. Students who return signed parental consent forms will be considered official participants. Participation will be strictly voluntary and technology Queen's, can be stopped at any given time. Quantitative instrument. The quantitative phase of thesis argumentative this study will involve a) survey questionnaire, and b) school records. Data from these sources will be used to writing, answer research problems 1 and 2. Assessment Kensington Park School! Survey data will help identify the predictors of truancy among middle school students. School records particularly those that relate to school attendance will determine the effectiveness of the discipline programs being implemented to reduce truancy.

To answer the first research question, the primary instrument will be a self-report questionnaire which contains items that relate to some of behavioral traits exhibited by writing Queen's, the participant as well as the environmental factors that surround the participant which may cause truancy. A self-developed questionnaire will be used to gather quantitative data. It will contain multiple format of responses such as multiple choice questions, dichotomous yes or no questions, self-assessment items, and items measured via a 5-point Likert-type format. Essay Powerpoint MacEwan! The questionnaire will have a total of 20 questions to properly cover all the essay writing College quantitative variables to be studied. In order to assessment Park, guarantee the content validity of the technology writing College self-developed questionnaire, a panel of powerpoint MacEwan University experts from the Queen's College University will serve as evaluators. The questionnaire will have four sections. Article For A! The first section will gather responses related to their experiences with discipline programs in technology writing Queen's College, the alternative middle school. Writing An Exploratory Essay Marangoni! The second section will consist of self-assessment items that will determine the types of behaviors they feel they possess and their attitudes towards school. The third section will consist of items pertaining situational variables they face as middle school students that may influence their school attendance.

The fourth section will be composed of demographic questions such as the technology essay College student's 1) age, 2) gender, and 3) ethnicity. Some of the Montverde Academy questions in the instrument will be open-ended such as the inclusion of an item Other so that students can specify the essay correct answer. Thesis Argumentative Academy! The option of N/A or not applicable will also be provided. The surveys will be administered via the Internet. Essay Queen's College! The service SurveyMonkey.com will be used. Upon giving consent, students will be provided a URL to write School, the survey. Technology Essay Writing Queen's! One of the biggest advantages of a web-based survey is the ease in which the data can be transferred to Excel or SPSS for tabulation and for data analysis. To answer the Montverde second research question, school data will be collected and analyzed to determine the effectiveness of discipline-based programs to reduce truancy rates in the target school. Records will be accessed after obtaining permission from the school.

Administrative data will be collected from the target school, specifically school records spanning five years from 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-2010 school years. The specific data to be gathered are 1) the number of days attended, 2) the number of excused absences, and 3) the number of unexcused absences during each school year. College! The standard truancy rates will be computed by taking the number of unexcused absences that occurred in any given period (e.g., 30-day period) and dividing it by the number of school days during that period. This will reveal whether the discipline programs being implemented in the alternative school to reduce truancy has led to actual improvement in school attendance and a decrease in how to write Conestoga, unexcused absences. Reliability. In order to establish reliability, the self-developed instrument will be pilot tested to around 50 students or 5% of the total student population.

Participants will be randomly chosen. The pilot test is a way of validating the instrument by measuring its internal consistency reliability. In order to test reliability, Cronbach's alpha coefficient will be computed (Gliem Gliem, 2003). The standard or normal range for internal consistency is a Cronbach's alpha between 0 and 1. The internal consistency of an essay instrument is article, higher when the coefficient computed is closer to 1. The interpretation of the technology writing coefficients are _ .9 - Excellent, _ .8 - Good, _ .7 - Acceptable, _ .6 - Questionable, _ .5 - Poor, and_ .5 - Unacceptable (George Mallery, 2003, p. Conclusion Argumentative! 231). The instrument will be revised accordingly depending on the results of the pilot test. Quantitative Data Collection.

Formal letters to obtain permission to access school records from the target school will be made. After permission is granted, the researcher will solicit the help of the school administrator and the school registrar for the data required. From the data on school attendance, the truant and non-truant groups will be classified based on the number of school days missed and number of excused and unexcused absences. One week before the online survey URL is operational, the technology writing Queen's College researcher will send an email notification to participants asking for their cooperation and informing them of the importance of the how to write article Kent School study. Technology Essay Writing! A low response rate is expected of how to write Kent web-based surveys. Technology Queen's! In order to secure a higher rate of response, a two-phase follow up will be made. Writing Powerpoint! Target participants who have not completed the survey will be sent a reminder email 1) five days after the URL is Queen's, provided, and 2) two weeks after.

Data Analysis. Descriptive statistics will be used to summarize the responses in the survey and to present them in writing, tabular form. RQ1. In order to analyze survey data for the research question What are the technology writing Queen's current behavioral and situational factors that correlate with truancy in middle school students of an exploratory Istituto Marangoni London alternative schools?, analysis of variance (ANOVA) and multiple regression analysis will be conducted. The F-values from the ANOVA will determine whether the independent variables (behavioral and situational factors) have a significant relationship with the dependent variable (truancy rates). Multiple regression analysis is the appropriate statistical method to measure relationships across two or more independent variables. RQ2. A t-test for dependent means will measure whether there is a significant improvement in the standard truancy rates of the technology essay writing target school for five school years. All statistical analysis of the quantitative results will be conducted with the help of Statistical Package for Social Sciences software (SPSS), version 11.0. Participant Selection.

For the second qualitative phase of a feature for a this study, the third research question will be answered. In order to determine how behavioral and situational factors can be manipulated in order to reduce truancy rates among middle school students, in-depth interviews of school authorities will be made. To this end, purposive sampling will be used in order to solicit more information on the phenomenon being studied (Creswell, 2006). Participants for the second phase will six school counselors from the DeKalb County Schools System. According to the sequential explanatory participant selection model, participants for the second phase were selected for a follow-up, in-depth, qualitative phase after analyzing the essay writing Queen's College quantitative data in the first phase of the study (Creswell Plano Clark, 2007). In the conclusion of an argumentative Idyllwild Arts participant selection model the emphasis is on the second, qualitative phase of the study to gain a better understanding of the predictive variables of truancy among middle school students and how to address it.

Qualitative Instrument. The instrument used in the second phase of this study will be a semi-structured interview protocol. It will consist of around ten to fifteen open-ended questions that will focus on the role of discipline programs in addressing behavioral and writing, situational predictors of truancy among middle school students. The content of the interview protocol, being an extension of the statistical results of the quantitative phase of the study, will be based on the results of the previous quantitative phase. The questions will emphasize on truancy and the significant variables that predict absence and non-attendance among middle school students. The protocol will be pilot tested on three school counselors. Data Collection.

The second, qualitative phase in writing, the study will focus on explaining the results in the first, quantitative phase. Essay Writing Queen's College! The primary technique will be conducting in-depth semi-structured personal interviews with six school counselors from the DeKalb County Schools System. Essay MacEwan University! Triangulation of writing College different data sources is important in qualitative study (Creswell, 1998) so the participants will be requested to bring additional materials or sources that could verify some of their assumptions or statements. In order to ensure that they are prepared for of an, the interview, the researcher will send the interview questions ahead of the scheduled interview. A consent form will also be attached that will explain the purposes and objectives of the writing Queen's College study and that the entire interview will be tape-recorded and transcribed verbatim. Interviews will be done over time rather than in one single instance.

This will provide the participants time to review, correct, or clarify the contents of the argumentative transcribed interview. Qualitative Data Analysis. In the qualitative analysis, data collection and analysis proceed simultaneously (Merriam, 1998). In the essay Queen's College second, qualitative phase of the study, the text data obtained through the interviews and other relevant documents will be coded and analyzed for themes with the help of the Qualitative Software and Research (QSR) N6, software for qualitative data analysis. The steps in qualitative analysis (Creswell, 2006) will include: preliminary exploration of the data by reading through the transcripts and writing memos; coding the data by segmenting and labeling the text; using codes to develop themes by aggregating similar codes together; connecting and interrelating themes; and. constructing a narrative. (p. 132) The first step in qualitative analysis is transcribing the interviews. Essay University! Recorded interviews will be played back and typed out by technology writing College, the researcher. The second step is to read the data line-by line and make sure the transcriptions are accurate.

The third step is the coding process, writing codes in the paper margin, then organizing the write Kent codes into categories in an excel spreadsheet using terms from the essay writing College actual language of the participants. The interview responses were coded to see if any differences emerged. The fourth step will use codes to develop larger themes, which will then become the major headings in the qualitative results section of the study. In step five, the themes will be represented through quotes in order to substantiate the themes and to represent what the study found. The sixth step will involve the essay writing University interpretation of the data. During this step the meaning from the technology writing College qualitative data will be connected to the literature on factors that influence truancy among middle school students.

Establishing Credibility. In judging the qualitative study, the criteria are different. When in quantitative design, validity and reliability are established, the qualitative researcher is MacEwan, more concerned with credibility (Golafshani, 2003). Credibility refers to the believability of the findings through the writing coherence and utility of the gathered data (Eisner, 1991) and trustworthiness (Lincoln Guba, 1985). This is achieved by subjecting the data through a verification process as opposed to statistical determination of reliability and validity measures. The findings of a qualitative study are limited to a particular context and could not be generalized elsewhere. The interpretation of qualitative data is also at writing an exploratory essay London, risk for subjectivity of the researcher's personal biases and positions on an issue. The manner of essay writing Queen's College establishing rigor in essay MacEwan University, qualitative study means that the risk for technology essay Queen's, bias and subjectivity is minimized (Creswell, 2003). Validating the an exploratory essay Istituto London findings of qualitative study is ensuring that the information presented matches reality (Merriam, 2009).

The following forms of ensuring credibility will be used in this study: 1) triangulation, 2) member checking, 3) the use of rich, think descriptions, and 4) an external audit. Essay Queen's College! Triangulation will be done by thesis argumentative essay, using multiple sources of data such as interviews, documents, and secondary sources. Member checking is ensuring the accuracy of the representation of data by allowing interviewees to check and if necessary, correct the interview transcripts. Rich and thick descriptions will allow for a deeper understanding of the phenomenon. External audit will be performed by a qualitative research expert who will review the writing College method and the findings of the essay Montverde Academy study and give feedback thereafter (Creswell, 2003; Creswell Miller, 2002). Strengths and writing Queen's College, Weaknesses of the Sequential Explanatory Mixed Methods Design. The advantages and limitations of mixed methods design are well discussed in the literature (Creswell, 2002; Creswell, Moghaddam, Walker, Harre, 2003). The strengths of conclusion argumentative essay Idyllwild Arts Academy this particular research mixed method paradigm are: It is relatively easy to implement for a single investigator since the process is essay writing, sequential and will be conducted from one stage to research School, the next.

It is not as taxing or consuming as the concurrent model. Sequential explanatory mixed methods design is helpful in understanding or shedding light to the results of quantitative study more comprehensively (Green Caracelli, 1997) This particular design is particularly helpful when the results from the quantitative phase do not match theoretical expectations (Morse, 1991). On the other hand, the weaknesses of the sequential explanatory mixed methods design are: Compared to pure qualitative or quantitative designs, this mixed method model is lengthy and more time-consuming. The first quantitative phase may not generate the results expected or not show significant difference.

Research Permission and technology, Ethical Considerations. Ethical issues will be resolved for each phase of this mixed methods study. To comply with Institutional Review Board (IRB) regulations, permission to conduct the two phases of the study will be secured. The researcher will complete The Request for Marangoni London, Review Form and personal and technology writing Queen's College, professional details as well as project information, including title, type, funding sources, and how to write research article School, subjects. Since the subjects of the first quantitative phase of the study are middle school students aged below 18, parental consent forms need to be obtained. To this end, the researcher will develop a consent form that states how the study will protect the technology Queen's College confidentiality and coursework assessment School, rights of the subjects. A similar form will be attached to College, the web-based survey to prove that the article Kent School requirements for ethics have been complied. The participants will be guaranteed anonymity. Each returned questionnaire will be numerically coded so that their names are not divulged and the information is confidential. Technology Queen's College! For the personal interviews, the transcripts will not reveal their names; only writing essay Istituto, fictitious names will be used in describing and reporting the results. The volume of data produced such as interview tapes and transcripts will be stored in a secure metal file cabinet and will be destroyed after publication of the study.

It will also be explained to the participants that while the technology essay Queen's summary data may be accessible by the professional community, it will not be traced back to them as respondents. The Role of the Researcher. The involvement of the researcher will be different for the two phases of conclusion of an argumentative Idyllwild Arts this mixed methods research. During the first phase, the technology essay writing researcher will be involved in data collection, grouping the participants into truant and non-truant groups, administering the survey questionnaire by putting up the URL that links the participants to the web-based instrument. For the second, qualitative phase of this study, a more participatory involvement is expected of the researcher because of sustained and extensive experience with participants (Creswell, 2003, p. 184) as well the researcher's experience and personal involvement with the topic of truancy.

In this phase, the researcher will conduct the interviews with school counselors. The researcher is a teacher belonging to the same schools system as the participants in the second phase of the study. The possibility that the researcher is acquainted with some of the participants is possible. Of An Essay Academy! Moreover, the technology Queen's researcher's experience and involvement with students and teachers form the beliefs and assumptions she still holds today. This may influence the researcher's interpretation and control over how to Kent the study. Therefore, care and effort will be directed at minimizing the essay College risk and ensuring the objectivity of the study. Thesis Montverde! It is pointed out that while the researcher belongs to the same county, the locale is not within the researcher's own school or classroom.

The target school was selected purposefully. Nonetheless, the study's design will ensure that bias and subjectivity will be eliminated as much as possible. In this regard, four forms of verification are proposed in order to enhance credibility. This includes triangulation, member checking, rich and thick case descriptions, and an external audit.

Academic Proofreading -
Assistive Technology for Students with Learning - LD school

[Download] UPSC Mains 2015: Compulsory English Language Paper, clean text in eye candy fonts. Here is the question paper of the compulsory English language in UPSC civil services mains examination conducted on 18th December 2015. Please read each of the following instructions carefully before attempting questions: All questions are to be attempted. Maximum Marks are 300 The number of marks carried by a question is indicated against it. Answers must be written in ENGLISH only. Word limit in questions, wherever specified, should be adhered to Any page or portion of the technology, page left blank in the Question-cum-Answer Booklet must be clearly struck off. Q1. Assessment Kensington Park! Write an essay in about 600 words on technology essay anyone topic. Impact of politics on society E-commerce: a win-win situation for conclusion Idyllwild Academy, all. (Matter was covered in technology essay the Mrunal’s Mains revision Powerpoint ML4/P3).

Harassment of how to article Kent School women at workplaces Does the Indian cinema reflect social reality? Q2. Read carefully the passage given below and write your answers to the questions that follow in clear, correct and concise language – 15?5=75 marks. A desert is a barren area of land where little precipitation occurs and living conditions are threatening for plant and animal life. The lack of vegetation exposes the vulnerable surface of the ground to technology essay College, the processes of denudation. About one-third of the land surface of the how to write a feature article magazine Conestoga College, world is Queen's, arid or semi-arid Deserts are usually hot and barren places; yet they are also beautiful. A few plants, rocks and dusty red-brown soil make up the ingredients of most North American deserts where there is sufficient food and water for certain animals to survive. Conclusion Of An Argumentative Essay Idyllwild Arts Academy! Deserts cover more than one-fifth of the Earth’s land and they are found on technology essay Queen's every continent. A place that receives less than 10 inches of rain per year is normally considered a desert. They are part of a wider classification of assessment regions called “dry land”.

These areas exist under a moisture deficit, which means they repeatedly lose more moisture through evaporation than they receive from annual precipitation. Deserts are biologically rich habitats with a vast array of essay College animals and plants that have adapted to how to Kent, harsh conditions there. Some Deserts plants that have adapted to harsh conditions there. Some deserts are among the planet s last remaining areas of technology essay total wilderness. Yet more than one billion people, one-sixth of the Earth’s population, actually live in the desert regions. Despite the how to article, common notion of deserts as dry and hot, there are cold deserts as well. One famous dry and hot place in the world with no visible rock or plant and barely any water is the Sahara desert. It is the largest hot desert in technology the world that reaches temperatures of up to 122 degrees Fahrenheit during the day. Some deserts are very cold, like the write research, Gobi desert in technology Queen's Asia and the desert on the continent of Antarctica. Only about 10 percent of deserts are covered by an exploratory Marangoni London sand dunes.

The driest deserts get less than half an inch of essay precipitation each year and that is from condensed fog. Desert animals have adapted ways to essay writing MacEwan, help them keep cool and The Animal when the going gets tough. Writing Queen's! Camels also have thick hair in article their ears for keeping out technology writing sand; they also sport closable nostrils, an eye membrane, and wide feet that act like snow-shoes in write a feature article for a College the land. Desert plants may have to go without fresh water for years at a time. Some plants have adapted to technology Queen's, the arid climate by growing long roots that tap water from deep underground.

Other plants, such as cacti, have special means conserving years old. Some of the world’s semi-arid regions are turning into deserts at an alarming rate. Thesis Montverde Academy! This process, known as desertification., is technology essay, not caused by drought, but usually arises from the demands of human population that settles The soil by the hooves of livestock may degrade the soil and encourage (erosion warming deserts. Higher temperature may produce an increasing number of writing MacEwan wildfires eliminating slow -growing trees and shrubs and replacing them with fast-growing grasses. Answer following questions, 15 marks each x 5 = 75 marks. Explain what you understand by barren and writing Queen's dry land. What do you understand by rich habitats? How have desert animals and plants in arid climate adapted themselves to the use of less water. Conclusion Essay Academy! Describe the process of desertification What are the camel’s two most visible features that make it perfect for deserts?

Q3. Make a precis of the following passage in about one-third of its length. Do not give a title to it. The precis should be written in your own language. The means may be equated to a seed, the technology writing College, end to a tree; and there is just the same inviolable connection between the means and the end as there is between the seed and the tree. I am not likely to obtain the result flowing from the worship of article magazine Conestoga College God by laying myself prostrate before Satan. If, therefore, anyone were to technology essay Queen's College, say; ‘I want to worship God; it doesnot matter that I do so by means Satan’ , it would be set down as ignorant folly. We reap exactly as we sow. If I want to deprive you of your watch, I shall certainly have to fight for it; if I want to thesis essay Montverde, buy your watch, I shall have to essay College, pay you for it; and if I want it as a gift, I shall have to plead for it; and according to the means I employ, the article for a, watch is a stolen property, different results from technology essay three different means. Will you still say that means do not matter ? Let us proceed a little further.

A well-armed anger argue that you want to punish that rogue the good of your neighbours; you have collected a number of armed men, you want to take his house by assault; he is duly informed of writing an exploratory essay Istituto London it, he runs away; he, too is increased. He collects his brother-robbers, and sends you a defiant message that he will commit robbery in essay Queen's broad daylight. You are strong, you donot fear him. You’re prepared to receive him. Meanwhile, the coursework assessment Kensington School, robber pesters complain before you. Essay! You reply that you are doing all their sake, you donot mind that your own goods have been stolen. Your neighbours reply that robber never pestered them before, and essay writing powerpoint MacEwan University that he commenced his depredations only essay writing College, after you declared hostilities against hi.

You’re between Scylla and Charybdis. You’re full of pity for the poor men. What they say is how to a feature for a Conestoga, true. What are you to do? You’ll be disgraced if you now leave the technology writing College, robber alone. You, therefore, tell the poor men: ‘Never mind. Come, my wealth is yours.

I will give you arms. Essay Idyllwild Arts! I will train you how to use them; you should belabour the essay writing College, rogue; don’t you leave him alone.’ And so the coursework Park School, battle grows. The robbers increase in numbers; your neighbours have deliberately put themselves to essay writing College, inconvenience. Thus the result of wanting to take revenge upon the robber is that you have disturbed your own peace; you are in write article perpetual fear of being robbed and assaulted; your courage has given place to technology essay writing College, cowardice. If you patiently examine the argument, you will see that I have not overdrawn the picture. This is one of the means. Now let us examine the other. You set this armed robber down as an ignorant brother, you intend to reason with him at a suitable opportunity; you argue that he is? after all, a fellow man; you do not know what prompted him to steal. Thesis Argumentative Academy! You, therefore, decide that when you can, you will destroy the mans motive for technology writing College, stealing. Whilst you are thus reasoning with yourself, the thesis argumentative Montverde, man comes again to Queen's, steal. Argumentative Essay! Instead of being angry with him, you take pity on him.

Henceforth, you keep your doors and windows open, you change your sleeping place, and you keep your things in a manner most accessible to him. The robber comes again and is confused as ail this is essay, new to him; nevertheless, he takes away your things. But his mind is agitated. He enquires about you in the village, he comes to learn about your broad and loving heart; he repents, he begs your pardon, returns you your things, and leaves off the stealing habit. He becomes your servant, and you find tor him honourable employment. This is the second method. Thus, you see, different means have brought about MacEwan University, totally different results. I do not wish to deduce from this that robbers will act in the above manner or that all will have the technology essay writing Queen's, same pity and love like you. Writing MacEwan University! I only wish to show that fair means alone can produce fair results, and that, at least in the majority of cases, if not indeed in all, the force of love and pity is essay Queen's College, infinitely greater than the force of assessment Kensington Park arms.

There Is harm jn the exercise of force, never in that of pity. Q4(a) Rewrite the writing College, following sentences after making necessary changes in the original corrections. Writing MacEwan University! Do not make unnecessary changes in the original sentence (10 marks) He enjoyed during the holidays. Whoever works hard he will win The man who knocked at the door was stranger.

I asked my colleague when was he going to his home town Besides clothes, the shopkeeper deals with cosmetics too. He is desirous for joining the army. Technology Essay Writing Queen's! The judge said that the truth always triumphed. Write School! one should help his friend in difficulty Sachin Tendulkar is the best batsman India has produced, isn’t it? More you read less you understand. Mr.

Sharma is senior ______ Mr. Verma. He is technology College, _____poor to afford travelling by air. More than 160 million people suffer ________ malaria Beware_________pickpockets. An Exploratory Essay Istituto! Time and technology College _______wait for.

Q4(c) Use the correct forms of the verbs given in brackets 1?5=5. Your friends ______ for you tor over an hour, (wait) It is not worth_____ so much money for coursework Kensington Park School, this concert (pay) When I reached the station, the train______ (leave) I_______ the TajMahal last month, (visit) The criminal _______the victim with a blunt object, (attack) Q4(d) Write the antonyms of the following : 1?5=5 marks. Q5(a) Rewrite each of the technology, following sentences as directed without changing the meaning :1?10 =10 marks. He is too arrogant to assessment Park, listen to advice (Change into essay writing Queen's a complex sentence) He said to me, “What is your name? (Change into indirect speech) My mother asked me if I had finished my breakfast (Change into direct speech) The people will make him president (Change into passive voice) My pocket has been picked (Change into active voice) He confessed that he was guilty (Change into a simple sentence) He ran fast to thesis argumentative Montverde Academy, reach the bus stop (Change into an interrogative sentence) To the technology writing Queen's, best of my knowledge, he is Montverde Academy, a vegetarian (Begin the sentence : As far as …) A.R. Rehman is a versatile music composer (Supply an appropriate tag question) It is a pity that a noble person should Suffer (Change into an exclamatory sentence) Q5(b) Use the following words to essay writing Queen's College, make sentences that bring out for a magazine Conestoga their meaning clearly. Do not change the form of the words. (No marks will be given for vague and technology ambiguous sentences. ) Q5(c) Choose the appropriate word to fill in thesis essay Montverde Academy the blanks : 1?5=5. Slow and _______ wins the essay writing Queen's, race. (study/steady) The farm scientists have discovered a new__________ to combat soil erosion. (device/devise) Going back on a feature Conestoga your word is a _____ of technology writing Queen's trust (breach/break) A ______of cars was following the minister. How To Write A Feature For A Magazine College! (fleet/float The businessman tried to a deal inspector. (strike/stroke)

Q5(d) Use these idioms/phrases their meaning clearly. Do not change the technology essay, form of the words: 1?5=5. in spite of a bed of roses cold war to how to write a feature article for a Conestoga College, rule with an iron hand to make haste. (free) NCERT, NIOS, TN-Books Environment by ShankarIAS Indian Polity M.Laxmikanth (Hindi | English) Art Culture by Nitin Singhania (Hindi | English) Spectrum: Modern History (Hindi | English) Bipin Chandra: Post Independence Fast-track to essay Queen's College, Arithmetic Rajesh Verma MK Pandey’s Analytical Reasoning 23 Years Topicwise Paperset Hindi or English School Atlas Mains: Language papers Samnya Hindi by Unique Publication Compulsory English by AP Bhardwaj (TMH) (free) NCERT, NIOS, TN-Books Lucent’s General Knowledge (Hindi | English) Fast-track to Arithmetic Rajesh Verma Arihant's Verbal Non Verbal Reasoning SP Bakshi’s Objective General English Wordpower made Easy- Norman Lowe Kiran’s SSC paperset since 1999.

(free) NCERT, NIOS, TN-Books 4 History,Geo,Sci Indian Polity M.Laxmikanth (Hindi | English) Spectrum: Modern History (Hindi | English) Maths: Quantam CAT Sarvesh Kumar Objective General English SP Bakshi Word Power made Easy -Norman Lowe Topic wise Solved Paperset by Disha. Sarvesh Kumar AND Arun Sharma (solve both 4max grip) Number theory: Nishit Sinha Reasoning: Nishit Sinha AND Arun Sharma (solve both 4max grip) Wordpower made Easy- Norman Lowe IIM Day to day Economics Beyond that Max Practice. (FREE) Previous Solved papers Lucent’s General Knowledge (Hindi | English) Fast-track to Arithmetic Rajesh Verma Arihant's Verbal Non Verbal Reasoning SP Bakshi’s Objective General English. 38 Comments on “[Download] UPSC Mains 2015: Compulsory English Language Paper, clean text in eye candy fonts” When new updates is post on side please notify me. One Query from you Sir ! Will you upload the writing an exploratory Istituto London, latest lectures of SPIPA – 2016 batch as you did in last year ? thanks sir for your valuable lectures. Sir, Where i get the answers?

Thank you Mrunal Sir. Your posts are very precise and technology essay writing Queen's College very helpful for the students who are preparing with job. Sir please tell me regarding mission 2016. Sir please tell me regarding mission 2016. Where is the solution… please upload the write research, grammar portion solution..

previous year 2015 english solutionof upsc mains paper. Sir where can i find the solutions to cross check my answers? did you find the essay College, answers. when your new posts update please notify me. Please Post solutions or answers of the mains papers. Bcoz question papers get easily from upsc offical website. please post solution answer me. Sir I am preparing for 2017. .I am in armed forces . I just want prepare for exams plz give me some suggestions . How I study well. I THINK SIR YOUR NOTES AND TMH’S COMPULSORY ENGLISH WRITTEN BY A P BHARDWAJ suggested by you is the only and exclusive. MATERIAL for UPSC IAS MAINS EXAMINATION . To have an idea about original paper one more book by same author A P BHARDWAJ.

UPSC IAS MAINS COMPULSORY ENGLISH is conclusion of an argumentative essay Idyllwild Arts Academy, selling like HOT CAKE on ONLINE AND OFFLINE BOOK STORES. UPSC IAS MAINS COMPULSORY ENGLISH SOLVED PAPERS including solved papers of IES/ISS, IFS, AND PUNJAB CIVIL SERVICES MAINS. PAPERS by A P BHARDWAJ , PUBLISHED BY ACCESS PUBLISHERS is a very authentic compilation . thanks alot for writing Queen's College, your video lecture sir…. How to download compulsory english solved paper of UPSC. How to download compulsory english solved paper for UPSC…… How to download UPSC Previous Exam questions papers with answers. hello.sir.mai.IAS.optional k leeye i want to take geology sir mai Hindi medium se exam dena chata hu mai bsc keeya hai geology se.Kya ye sub Theek hai. Thank you sir….. mai hindi medium se hun….may you help me sir… i want some more guidence about upsc exam..please help me sir..sir mujhe basic bhi nhi malum… Thanks u sir .sir I want to write main exams in Telugu medium. Please give me your advise .which books available in Telugu medium . This is how to write article, very important for those student who are preparing for technology essay writing Queen's College, UPSC .l. Please upload Answer of essay Istituto London English Qualifying paper sir.

Thanks a lot sir. Sir..mains gujrati language me di ja sakti hai… I am not good in english, Sir may you please send me books of technology essay Queen's English. I read in class xi .I want to be an ias officer. Thank you very much sir.

download kaise kare paper? Sir…please suggest the answers… Very Informative..do u have upsc ips course materials. thanks sir, very helpful article for ias mains English compulsory paper.