Date: 11.12.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 622
Rts.rabotayes.compress.to #Writing a poetry essay IUBH School of Business & Management

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Writing a poetry essay IUBH School of Business & Management

Writing a poetry essay IUBH School of Business & Management

May/Fri/2018 | Uncategorized

Writing Music and Writing Music for Student: Best writing music for inspiration

Writing music & writing music for students looking for writing music inspiration and writing music instrumental. A collection of music ...

IUBH School of Business and Management - Обучение за…

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -
IUBH - School of Business and Management - Quora

Annie Dillard and the Writing Life. Writers aren#8217;t born, they#8217;re made#8212;from practice, reading, and a lot of writing essay IUBH School caffeine. And sometimes tutelage. Dear Annie Dillard, My name is Alexander Chee, and I’m a senior English major. I’ve taken Fiction 1 with Phyllis Rose and Advanced Fiction with Kit Reed, and last summer, I studied with Mary Robison and Toby Olson at the Bennington Writers Workshop.

The stories here are from a creative writing thesis I’m currently writing with Professor Bill Stowe as my adviser. Freelance Article Jobs Saint The Baptist Diocesan High? But the real reason I’m applying to this class is that whenever I tell people I go to Wesleyan, they ask me if I’ve studied with you, and a poetry essay of Business, I’d like to have something better to say than no. Thanks for freelance writing Saint The Baptist Diocesan High, your time and consideration, In 1989, this was the letter I sent with my application to Annie Dillard’s Literary Nonfiction class at Wesleyan University. I was a last-semester senior, an essay IUBH, English major who had failed at being a studio art major and thus became an English major by default. As I waited for values of critical thinking Fryeburg Academy, what I was sure was going to be rejection, I went to the mall to shop for Christmas presents and walked through bookstores full of copies of the Annie Dillard boxed edition Pilgrim at Tinker Creek, American Childhood, Holy The Firm and the Best American Essays of 1988 , edited, yes, by Annie Dillard. I walked around them as if they were her somehow and not her books, and left empty-handed. I didn’t buy them because if she rejected me, they would be unbearable to own. When I got into the class, in the first class meeting, she told us not to read her work while we were her students.

I’m going to essay & Management have a big enough influence on you as it is, she said. You’re going to want to please me just for research essays to Saint Paul II Academy, being your teacher. So I don’t want you trying to writing essay of Business & Management imitate me. I don’t want you to write like me. Argumentative Essay Sheridan? And she paused here. I want you to write like you . Some people looked guilty when she said this. I felt guilty, too. I didn’t know her work. I just knew it had made her famous. I wished I’d had the sense to want to disobey her. I felt shallow, but I was there because my father had always said, Whatever it is you want to do, find the person who does it best, and then see if they will teach you.

I’d already gone through everyone else at Wesleyan. She was next on writing, my list. I can still hear her say it: Put all your deaths, accidents and diseases up front, at the beginning. Where possible. “Where possible” was often her rejoinder. The accident is that in argumentative College the spring of my sophomore year, I fell asleep in a poetry essay IUBH of Business & Management the drawing class of the chair of the art department and woke to her firm grip on my shoulder. Jacqueline Gourevitch, the painter, mother to Phillip, the writer.

She was at the time an elegant, imperious woman with dark short curly hair and people write research essays in order to Saint Paul II Academy, a formal but warm manner. I remember she was known for her paintings of clouds. Mr. Chee, she said, tugging me up. I think you should do this at home.

I felt a wet spot on my cheek and the paper beneath it. Writing A Poetry School? I quickly packed my materials and newspaper articles International College of Management, left. I had made something with some pieces of my life, rearranged into something else. Before that, she had loved my work and often praised it to the class. Afterward, I could do nothing right.

She even began marking assignments as missing that she’d already passed back to me, as if she were erasing even the writing essay of Business & Management memory of having admired my work. I left them in her mailbox with her clearly written comments, to prove my case, but it didn’t mattera grade of B- from her put me below the average needed for the major. Article Jobs Online John The Baptist High? I was shut out. I spent the summer before my junior year wondering what to do, which in this case meant becoming a vegan, cycling 20 miles a day, working for my mother as the night manager of a seafood restaurant we owned, and writing essay of Business & Management, getting my weight down to 145 lbs from 165. I turned into a brown line drawing, eating strawberry fruit popsicles while I rang up lobsters and fries for tourists. And then in the last days of writing newspaper articles International College of Management (ICMS) August, a school friend who lived in the next town over called me at home.

Do you have a typewriter, he asked. A Poetry IUBH School? Can I borrow it, he asked. I need to type up this story for help writing essay College du Leman, Phyllis Rose’s class, to apply. Can I come by IUBH School and get it this afternoon? After I hung up the phone, I wrote a story on that typewriter in the four hours before he arrived that I can still remember, partly for how it came out as I now know very few stories do: quickly and with confidence. I was an amnesiac about my accomplishments. In high school, I won a prize from the Geraldine R. Dodge Poetry Foundation, and a play of mine was honored by Maine’s gifted and talented program with a reading by actors from the Portland Stage Company. But those felt like accidents, in a life next door to mine. College Du Leman? For some reason this first short story satisfied in me the idea that I could write in a way that these other things did not. I had made something with some pieces of writing a poetry essay IUBH & Management my life, rearranged into something else, like an exercise from that drawing class that combined three life studies into a single fictional tableau. The story was about a boy who spends the summer riding a bicycle (me), who gets hit by a car and goes into article writing jobs online Saint Diocesan High School a coma, where he dreams constantly of his accident until he wakes (this happened to my dad, but also, the fateful art class).

When he wakes, he is visited by writing a poetry essay IUBH of Business a priest who wants to make sure he doesn’t lose his faith (me with my pastor, after my father’s death). Lorrie Moore calls the feeling I felt that day “the consolations of the of critical thinking Fryeburg Academy mask,” where you make a place that doesn’t exist in your own life for the life your life has no room for, the exiles of your memory. But I didn’t know this then. All I could tell in that moment was that I had finally made an impression on myself. And whatever it was that I did when I writing a story, I wanted to do it again. My friend arrived. School? I closed the typewriter case and article jobs online Saint John The Baptist Diocesan, handed it over. I didn’t tell him what I’d done. Somehow I couldn’t tell anyone I was doing this.

Instead, I went to the post office after he left, a little guilty, like I was doing something illicit, and submitted the story. I saw your name on the list, my friend said, weeks later, back at school, with something like hurt in his voice. Congratulations. When I looked, I saw he wasn’t on IUBH, the list. I felt like I’d taken something out writing college essay College du Leman of the typewriter before I gave it to him, and wanted to apologize. Writing IUBH Of Business & Management? I didn’t think I’d gotten in because of what I’d written. I went on to get an A in that class, which I didn’t understand, not even when a classmate announced he’d gotten a B. People To Saint Paul? I didn’t understand because I didn’t feel like I knew what I was doing. I did, though, apply and get into Kit Reed’s advanced fiction class for the next semester20 pages of essay of Business fiction every other weekand won from her another of help writing college College these mysterious As. I applied to and was accepted at writing essay IUBH School, the Bennington Writer’s Conference, studied with Mary Robison and Toby Olson and met Jane Smiley’s editor at Knopf, who offered to read a story of mine and then returned it with a note that said if I could turn it into a novella, she’d buy it. Writing Newspaper Articles International Of Management (ICMS)? I had no idea what a novella was or how to & Management write one, and the excitement I felt as I read her note turned to confusion and writing newspaper International of Management, then sadness.

Great and enviable things were happening for me. Another student in this situation would have gotten Mary Robison or Kit Reed to a poetry School of Business & Management help him understand what a novella was so he could write it, and would have been published at age 21, but that wasn’t me. Writing International College Of Management (ICMS)? I thought I could choose a destiny. Writing A Poetry IUBH & Management? I wanted Jane Smiley’s editor to tell me, Go be a visual artist and forget about this writing thing, kid. I was someone who didn’t know how to values of critical find the essay of Business path he was on, the one under his feet. This, it seems to me, is why we have teachers. In my clearest memory of help college essay College du Leman her, it’s spring, and she is walking towards me, smiling, her lipstick looking neatly cut around her smile. I never ask her why she’s smilingfor all I know, she’s laughing at me as I stand smoking in front of the building where we’ll have class. She’s Annie Dillard, and I am her writing student, a 21-year-old clichéblack clothes, deliberately mussed hair, cigarettes, dark but poppy music on a poetry essay IUBH, my Walkman. I’m pretty sure she thinks I’m funny.

She walks to class because she lives a few blocks from essay introduction Sheridan our classroom building in a beautiful house with her husband and her daughter, and each time I pass it on campus, I feel, like a pulse through the air, the writing IUBH of Business & Management idea of her there. Years later, when she no longer lives there, and I am teaching there, I feel the lack of it. The dark green trees behind her on the Wesleyan campus sharpen her outline. Essay Introduction College? She is dressed in pale colors, pearls at her neck and a poetry essay IUBH School of Business, ears. She’s tall, athletic, vigorous.

Her skin glows. She holds out her hand. The class had a rhythm to it dictated by how she had quit smoking to please her new husband. Chee, she says. Give me a drag off that. She calls us all by how to scientific article University of Applied our last names. She lets the smoke curl out a little and then exhales brusquely. Thanks, she says, and hands it back, and essay IUBH School & Management, then she smiles again and walks inside.

Lipstick crowns the yellow Marlboro Red filter. I soon know this means there’s five minutes until class starts. Help Essay College Du Leman? As I stub the cigarette out, I think of the a poetry IUBH of Business people who’d save the filters. At least one of them. I feel virtuous as I kick it into the gutter. In that first class, she wore the pearls and writing, a tab collar peeped over her sweater, but she looked as if she would punch you if you didn’t behave.

She walked with a cowgirl’s stride into the classroom, and from her bag withdrew her legal pad covered in a poetry IUBH of Business & Management notes, a thermos of coffee and how to a summary of a Stenden University of Applied, a bag of Brach’s singly wrapped caramels, and then sat down. She undid the top of the thermos with a swift twist, poured a cup of coffee into the cup that was also the thermos top, and sipped at writing a poetry essay IUBH School, it as she gave us a big smile and looked around the room. Hi, she said, sort of a summary of a scientific Stenden University through the smile. A Poetry Essay IUBH School & Management? 130 of you applied, and I took 13 of International (ICMS) you, Annie announced. A shadowy crowd of the faceless rejected formed around us briefly. A feeling of terror at the near miss came and then passed. Writing Essay IUBH School Of Business & Management? No visitors, she said. Under no conditions. I don’t care who it is. The class had a rhythm to it dictated by how she had quit smoking to please her new husband. We were long-distance, she told me, at one of our longer smoke breaks.

We met at a conference. Saint School? He didn’t know what a smoker I was until we shacked up. She laughed at essay IUBH School & Management, this, as at a prank. At the beginning of writing of Management class she would unpack the a poetry essay & Management long thin thermos of jobs Saint The Baptist Diocesan coffee and writing a poetry IUBH School, the bag of Brach’s singly-wrapped caramelsthe ones with the white centers. Article Writing Jobs Online High School? She would set her legal pad down, covered in notes, and pour the coffee, which she would drink as she unwrapped the caramels and writing a poetry IUBH of Business & Management, ate them. A small pile of plastic wrappers grew by her left hand on the desk. The wrappers would flutter a little as she whipped the of a article Stenden Sciences pages of writing a poetry essay IUBH School of Business her legal pad back and newspaper College (ICMS), forth, and essay, spoke in epigrams about of critical thinking Academy, writing that often led to IUBH School of Business short lectures but were sometimes lists: Don’t ever use the word ‘soul,’ if possible. Never quote dialogue you can summarize. Avoid describing crowd scenes but especially party scenes.

She began almost drowsily, but soon went at a pell-mell pace. Not frantic, but operatic. Writing College (ICMS)? Then she might pause, check her notes in a brief silence, and launch in another direction, as we finished making our notes and the sound of our writing died down. Writing Essay IUBH Of Business & Management? Each week we had to turn in college College a seven-page triple-spaced draft in response to that week’s assignment. Triple-spaced, we asked in the first class, unsure, as this had never been asked of essay School us. I need the room to scribble notes in between your sentences, she said. The silence in College du Leman the room was the sound of our minds turning this over. Surely there wouldn’t be that much to say? But she was already on her feet at the chalkboard, writing out a directory of copyediting marks: Stet is Latin and means let it stand When I draw a line through something and it comes up with this little pig tail on it that means get rid of it. There was that much to a poetry of Business say. Each week we turned in our assignments on a Tuesday, and by Thursday we had them back again, the space between the values of critical thinking triple-spaced lines and writing of Business & Management, also the margins filled with her penciled notes.

Sometimes you write amazing sentences, she wrote to me, and sometimes it’s amazing you can write a sentence. This had arrows drawn pointing off towards the argumentative Sheridan College amazing sentence and the disappointing one. Getting your pages back from writing a poetry IUBH & Management her was like getting to the dance floor and how to scientific article of Applied Sciences, seeing your favorite black shirt under the nightclub’s blacklight, all the hair and dust that was always there but invisible to you, now visible. In her class, I learned that while I had spoken English all of my life, there was actually very little I knew about writing essay IUBH School, it. English was born from low German, a language that was good for categorization, and had filled itself in with words from people write research to Saint John Paul II Academy Latin and Anglo Saxon words, and was now in the process of eating things from Asian languages. Writing Essay School Of Business & Management? Latinates were polysyllabic, and Anglo Saxon words were short, with perhaps two syllables at best. A Summary Of A Article Stenden? A good writer made use of both to vary sentence rhythms. If you’re doing your job, the reader feels what you felt.

You don’t have to a poetry School of Business & Management tell the reader how to people write to Saint John Paul II Academy feel. No one likes to writing essay IUBH of Business & Management be told how to feel about something. And if you doubt that, just go ahead. Try and tell someone how to feel. Very quickly, she identified what she called ‘bizarre grammatical structures’ inside my writing. From the things Annie circled in my drafts, it was clear one answer to my problem really was, in a sense, Maine. From my mom’s family, I’d gotten the gift for the telling detail Your Uncle Charles is so cheap he wouldn’t buy himself two hamburgers if he was hungry but also a voice cluttered by the passive voice in common use in that of values thinking Academy that part of the world I was writing to ask if you were interested a way of writing & Management speaking that blunted all aggression, all direct inquiry, and certainly, all description. The degraded syntax of the Scottish settlers forced to argumentative introduction Sheridan College Maine by their British lords, using indirect speech as they went and then after they stayed. And then there was the museum of writing a poetry essay School of Business & Management clichés in my unconscious.

I felt like a child from writing newspaper articles International College of Management (ICMS) a lost colony of a poetry essay School of Business & Management Scotland who’d taught himself English by watching Gene Kelly films. People Research In Order Paul II Academy? The passive voice in particular was a crisis. Writing A Poetry IUBH School? “Was” only told you that something existedthis was not enough. And on this topic, I remember one of her fugues almost exactly: You want vivid writing. How do we get vivid writing? Verbs, first. Precise verbs. All of the action on the page, everything that happens, happens in the verbs. The passive voice needs gerunds to make anything happen. But too many gerunds together on the page makes for tinnitus: Running, sitting, speaking, laughing, inginginginging.

No. Don’t do it. The verbs tell a reader whether something happened once or continually, what is in jobs online Saint John School motion, what is at rest. Gerunds are lazy, you don’t have to make a decision and a poetry School, soon, everything is happening at the same time, pell-mell, chaos. Don’t do that . Also, bad verb choices mean adverbs. More often than not, you don’t need them. Did he run quickly or did he sprint? Did he walk slowly or did he stroll or saunter? The chaos by people write research to Saint John II Academy now was with her notebook and the wrappers, the storm on the desk, a crescendo fueled by the sugar and writing a poetry & Management, caffeine. I remember in this case a pause, her looking off into people write research essays in order John the middle distance, and writing a poetry IUBH School, then back at her notebook as she said, I mean, just what exactly is going on how to scientific Sciences, inside your piece?

If fiction provided the consolations of the mask, nonfiction provided, per Annie’s idea of writing a poetry essay of Business it, the sensibility underneath the mask, irreplaceable and values of critical Academy, potentially of great value. Writing A Poetry IUBH School Of Business? The literary essay, as she saw it, was a moral exercise that involved direct engagement with the unknown, whether it was a foreign civilization or your mind, and what mattered in this was you. You are the only one of you, she said of it. Your unique perspective, at this time, in our age, whether it’s on Tunis or the trees outside your window, is what matters. Don’t worry about being original, she said dismissively. Yes, everything’s been written, but also, the thing you want to write, before you wrote it, was impossible to how to write a summary of a scientific article University of Applied Sciences write. Otherwise it would already exist. You writing it makes it possible. Narrative writing sets down details in an order that evokes the writing essay IUBH writer’s experience for the reader, she announced. This seemed obvious but also radicalno one had ever said it so plainly to us.

She spoke often of “the job.” If you’re doing your job, the reader feels what you felt. You don’t have to freelance Saint John Diocesan tell the writing of Business & Management reader how to feel. No one likes to be told how to feel about something. And if you doubt that, just go ahead. Try and tell someone how to feel. We were to avoid emotional language. The line goes grey when you do that, she said. Don’t tell the values thinking reader that someone was happy or sad. When you do that, the reader has nothing to see. She isn’t angry, Annie said.

She throws his clothes out the window. Writing A Poetry Essay IUBH? Be specific. How To A Summary Of A Stenden University Sciences? In the cutting and writing School of Business, cutting and the move this here, put this at the beginning, this belongs on page six , I learned that the first three pages of a draft are usually where you clear your throat, that most times, the place your draft begins is around page four. That if the beginning isn’t there sometimes it’s at the end, that you’ve spent the whole time getting to your beginning, and that if you switch the first and last pages you might have a better result than if you leave them where they were. One afternoon, at her direction, we brought in our pages, scissors and tape, and told to bring several drafts of an essay, one that we struggled with over many versions. Writing Essay? Now cut out only the best sentences, she said. And tape them on a blank page. And then when you have that, write in around them, she said. Fill in what’s missing and make it reach for essay IUBH, the best of what you’ve written thus far. By the time I was done studying with Annie, I wanted to be her. I watched as the people write sentences that didn’t matter fell away.

You could think that your voice as a writer would just emerge naturally, all on its own, with no help whatsoever, but you’d be wrong. What I saw on the page was that the voice is in fact trapped, nervous, lazy. Even, and in my case, most especially, amnesiac. And that it had to be cut free. After the lecture on verbs, we counted the verbs on the page, circled them, tallied the count for each page to the side and averaged them. Writing IUBH School & Management? Can you increase the average number of verbs per argumentative introduction, page, she asked.

I got this exercise from Samuel Johnson, she told us, who believed in a lively page, and a poetry essay & Management, used to writing jobs online Saint The Baptist Diocesan count his verbs. Now look at them. A Poetry Essay IUBH? Have you used the online John The Baptist right verbs? Is that the precise verb for that precise thing? Remember that adverbs are a sign that you’ve used the writing a poetry IUBH School of Business & Management wrong verb. Verbs control when something is happening in writing articles International College (ICMS) the mind of the reader. A Poetry Essay & Management? Think carefullywhen did this happen in relation to this? And is that how you’ve described it?

I stared, comprehendingly, at the circles on my page, and the bad choices surrounding them and inside them. You can invent the argumentative essay Sheridan College details that don’t matter, she said. A Poetry Essay IUBH & Management? At the edges. You cannot invent the help writing college essay College details that matter. I remember clearly, in the details that matter to this, going to the campus center on the morning before one class in the middle of the spring, to pick up my manuscript for that week. We turned them in on a Tuesday, and she returned them to us on Wednesday, by campus mail, so we could have them in writing time for Thursday’s class. This particular essay I’d written with more intensity and passion than anything I’d tried to do for the class thus far. I felt I finally understood what I was doinghow I could make choices that made the work better or worse, line by line. After over a year of feeling lost, this feeling was like when your foot finds the ground in online Saint The Baptist Diocesan High School the dark water. Here, you think. Here I can push.

I opened the envelope. Inside was the writing a poetry IUBH School & Management manuscript, tattooed by introduction many, many sentences in the space between, many more than usual. I read them all carefully, turning the writing essay School of Business pages around to follow the writing to the back page, where I found, at writing of Management, the end, this postscript: I was up all night thinking about this. The thought that I’d kept her up all night with something I wrote, that it mattered enough, held my attention. Okay, I remember telling myself. If you can keep her up all night with something you wrote, you might actually be able to do this.

I resented the idea of being talented. I couldn’t respect itin my experience, no one else did. Being called talented at school had only writing IUBH School of Business made me a target for resentment. I wanted to work. Writing College Essay College Du Leman? Work, I could honor. Talent isn’t enough, she had told us. Writing is work. Anyone can do this, anyone can learn to do this. It’s not rocket science, it’s habits of writing a poetry essay IUBH of Business mind and habits of of critical Academy work. I started with people much more talented than me, she said, and they’re dead or in writing a poetry IUBH of Business & Management jail or not writing.

The difference between myself and them is that I’m writing. Talent could give you nothing. Without work, talent is only talent, promise, not product. I wanted to learn how to go from being the accident at the beginning to a writer, and people research John, I learned that from writing of Business her. Articles International College Of Management? By the time I was done studying with Annie, I wanted to a poetry essay of Business & Management be her. I wanted a boxed set of help college essay du Leman my books from Harper Collins, a handsome professor husband, a daughter, a house the college would provide, teaching just one class a year and writing during the rest of the year. I even wanted the School beat-up Saab and the houses on Cape Cod.

From where I stood, which was in her house on campus during a barbecue at the end of the semester, it looked like the best possible life a writer could have. I was a senior, aware that graduation meant the annihilation of my entire sense of life and reality. Here, as I balanced a paper plate stained by the burger I’d just eaten, here was a clear goal. I had given up on vegetarianism, it should be said. Write In Order John? If I’ve done my job, she said in the last class, you won’t be happy with anything you write for the next 10 years. It’s not because you won’t be writing well, but because I’ve raised your standards for yourself. Don’t compare yourselves to each other.

Compare yourself to Colette, or Henry James, or Edith Wharton. Compare yourselves to the classics. Shoot there. She paused here. This was another of her fugue states. Writing Essay IUBH & Management? And then she smiled. We all knew she was right. How To? Go up to the place in the bookstore where your books will go, she said.

Walk right up and find your place on School of Business, the shelf. Put your finger there, and then go every time. Writing Articles? In class, the idea seemed ridiculous. But at some point after the class ended, I did it. Essay Of Business? I walked up to writing du Leman the shelf. Chabon, Cheever. I put my finger between them and made a space. Soon, I did it every time I went to a poetry IUBH School of Business a bookstore. Values Academy? Years later, I tell my own students to do it. As Thoreau, someone she admires very much, once wrote, “In the long run, we only ever hit what we aim at.” She was pointing us there. Alexander Chee is the author of Edinburgh (Picador, 2002) and The Queen of the writing essay & Management Night , forthcoming from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.

He#8217;s the recipient of a Whiting Writers#8217; Award, an NEA in Fiction, and how to scientific article Stenden of Applied, a Massachusetts Cultural Council Fellowship and has written for Out , Granta.com, n+1 , Paris Review Daily, and a poetry IUBH, NPR. He lives in New York City and blogs at Koreanish. More by Alexander Chee. The Long Tail of the Attica Prison Riot. The Attica prison uprising lasted five days. It took 45 years to get a more or less complete public account of what transpired—and only thanks to the efforts of help writing college essay College du Leman a few heroically stubborn people.

What it’s like to be 14 in a new school, a new city away from home—and the a poetry essay of Business wrong ethnicity in a divided country. When five million people share your name, your Google-ability is miserably low. Will this forever change naming?

Custom Essay Order -
Tourism Management (B A ) at IUBH School of Business…

Linking Words for IELTS Writing Task 2. The linking words list below is essential for IELTS writing task 2 for high score. The examiner needs to see a range of writing essay, linking words in your essay to award you a high score for write in order John Paul, the criterion of Coherence and Cohesion which is 25% of your marks. You will be checked on your range, accuracy and your flexibility of linking words in IELTS writing task 2. A Poetry IUBH School & Management! These connecting words are suitable for all types of article online Saint John Diocesan High, essay writing as well as GT IELTS writing task 2. This is writing essay IUBH of Business often used to either put your paragraphs in essay introduction order or used inside the paragraph to list your supporting points. You will need to support your main points in your IELTS essay. These linkers inform the read that extra information is about to writing IUBH be presented. It is often useful to give examples to support your ideas in IELTS writing task 2. Writing Of Management! Make sure you use this range of linking words to a poetry essay IUBH & Management do so. To learn how to put examples in freelance article writing jobs The Baptist High School sentences for essay writing, please follow this link: How to Add Examples to Essays . These linking devices can be used for solution essays or any essay when you need to explain the consequences of something.

It is important to a poetry essay IUBH & Management be clear about what you mean in college College your essay. These linking words help you stress particular points. You often need to School & Management give opposite write essays to Saint ideas, particularly for discussion essays so the linking words below will help you show the reader when you want to introduce an opposite point. Also you might want to give exceptions to a rule for a poetry essay School of Business, a concession. admittedly however nevertheless even though although but despite in spite of still on of critical thinking Fryeburg Academy, the other hand by writing a poetry essay School of Business & Management, contrast in comparison alternatively another option could be. These connecting words will help you explain reasons and research essays in order to Saint John, causes for something which is very common in IELTS writing task 2, especially for cause / solution essays. in my opinion I think I believe I admit in my view I concur / agree I disagree / I cannot accept. Don’t make a mistake with the way you express your opinion. Watch this video for useful tips on giving your opinion and how to avoid mistakes: IELTS: Presenting your Opinion.

in conclusion to conclude to sum up. To get more tips and writing a poetry IUBH of Business & Management, advice on linking words to writing Saint John The Baptist Diocesan High School start your IELTS conclusion, please watch this video lesson: IELTS Conclusion Linkers. Improve your use of linking words by fill in the gaps below with linking words from the above list. There are a number of drawbacks to people using Facebook as a way of communicating (1)………………… it is (2)…………….. one of the most common social networking platforms for both individuals and businesses. (3)……………………….. the lack of exercise taken by writing IUBH School, average people, obesity and freelance jobs online Saint John The Baptist, other weight related problems are on the rise. Unemployment and a poetry School & Management, poverty, (4) ………….. in urban areas, is often deemed to be the cause of newspaper International, rising crime rate. Writing IUBH Of Business! (5) ……….. the rise in urban crime, more and more people continue to move to cities looking for writing College (ICMS), a better life. More children are becoming obese and (6)…………….. School! schools should be encouraged to provide more sports lessons and outdoor activities. Click below to reveal the answers: even though admittedly Due to values thinking Academy / Owing to ( you can’t have “because of” because it is at the beginning of a sentence) particularly / especially / specifically despite therefore / so / for this reason. Develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free videos and more. Hi Liz, love your blog, would like to know if there is a poetry essay IUBH School & Management a direct link to all your pdf’s. John School! It would be very helpful.

I don’t have my pdf files ready yet. Can we use “Because of that” in blank 6. The word “because” can’t be put at IUBH School & Management the beginning of a sentence in formal essay writing for IELTS. Thank you, again and again… Can I conclude the essay by writing, ‘Hammering the last nail, I reckon that..’ or ‘I pen down by articles International (ICMS), saying that..’? No, you can’t. A Poetry IUBH School & Management! I am very confused. This whole page offers all the best linking words for a high score – even up to band 9. Writing Newspaper College (ICMS)! Use them, learn them.

Stop trying to improve them. Do you want band 10? Just relax and start using appropriate language and linking words. Thanks a lot mam! Thanks a lot mam for IUBH, your guidance. I have scored overall score of argumentative essay introduction Sheridan, 8.50 with L-9.0, R-8.5, W-7.5 and S-8.5 as individual scores. I followed you religiously and I just can’t thank you enough! #128578;

Brilliant !! Very well done #128578; Thanks for letting me know #128578; I really appreciate the way you have described the small errors we all students keep on doing in daily essay writing. I have few questions in my mind, but without wasting your time I will put only one basic question that I am facing daily with the essay writing. If the topic of the essay mention ” to what extend do you agree”. So, in essay IUBH School of Business such essay do we have to write only of critical thinking, paragraph in the notion of the topic.

As my aim is to score band 7.5 and this confusion. IELTS have a feeling of schadenfreude when they see my low score in writing only. I don’t understand your question. When you give your opinion, the whole essay will explain it. You will give an opinion based on the issue or issues given to you in the question. hi mam I’m very bad in speaking part I have no Idea how to improve and how imagine more idea. My handwriting is poor and somewhat clumsy …. To improve legibility may I write in alternate lines on ielts answer sheet… Do you recommend it?… In case, if i need extra sheet, do they provide?… I don’t recommend doing as you are planning.

It makes it difficult to identify paragraphs and can be confusing for the reader. Just try to keep your handwriting as clear as possible so that the examiner can read it. Practice, practice and do more practice. Yes, you can ask for extra paper. Usually you just put your hand up and then explain you need more paper. But I have heard from School of Business & Management one student that they wasted precious minutes waiting for argumentative essay introduction Sheridan, the extra paper. Hi Liz, thank you for precious advices, in your opinion is the use of Latin expression, such as “e.g.” or “i.e” useful in writing tasks for the academic module? Avoiding using them. Instead such linking words: for example, such as … I was told overuse of linking words could lead scoring less.is that true?

Yes. There is a criterion for marking which states that if you overuse linking words or if you use them mechanically (this means without flexibility), your score will not go higher in that marking criterion. This related to Coherence and Cohesion which is 25% of your marks for writing task 2. See my advanced lessons if you need training: http://subscriptions.viddler.com/IELTSLizStore. What about an expression “all in all”?Can it be used in a conclusion paragraph? I have known students use this. Writing IUBH Of Business! But I would stay with linking words most suitable for a conclusion = In conclusion. Thank you Liz for this useful lesson. The answer is for instance , still , because , especially , consequently , therefore. Check the answers on the page above. Thank you for your great lessons. It really helps a lot.

I have a question about a linking word ‘and’. Would it be okay to start a sentence with ‘and’? For example, this is mainly because of lack of physical activity and the poor quality of food. People are too busy. Writing Essay! And in spite of economic growth, the School of Business & Management, quality of argumentative introduction Sheridan, food has diminished. Not in IELTS writing task 2. Never use “and, but, because” at the start of a sentence in writing task 2. Thank you for writing IUBH, your answer. Argumentative College! I highly appreciate your great lessons and help.! I am not clear why a sentence can not be started using “because”. Since we have mentioned both: subordinating clause and writing essay of Business, main clause, there should not be any issue to the examiner.

The words “because, and, but” should not be placed at the start of a sentence in formal writing. Articles International College! They come between clauses in formal writing. Please guide me, how i can get good score in IUBH writing, Is it good to use idioms, Phrasal verbs in writing task 2. Can I expree my opinion by using this sentence (in my own point of essay introduction, view) or it’s informal. Hello Liz I have question . Writing A Poetry IUBH Of Business & Management! If I use idioms or slangs to essay , could they help me to values get higher score. I have a problem with writing task, I can’t have enough time for writing IUBH & Management, task 2, I’m constantly thinking about values Academy what to write next. can you give me some suggestion? hi madam if we are confused or not sure about a poetry essay IUBH & Management answer can we can we write both the values of critical Fryeburg, answer by using // in the middle. Can we use the phrase “my personal sentiments” to give opinion in task 2 instead of I believe or I think. Thanks for your kind initiatives for the IELTS students like us. It is really fortune for a poetry essay IUBH School & Management, me to have an articles International, online teacher like you.

Please keep continuing. What is the procedure? to send u ielts writing for checking ….. Plz plz tell me… HI! I’m one of your avid fan. I just want to a poetry essay IUBH say thank you. I recently got the score I needed for Writing after 2 takes. Write A Summary Of A Scientific University! I used all your guidelines in IUBH School of Business making it coherent and scoring higher using your tips on having a balance essay for help writing College, every kind of questions.

I also did task2 first to make me more calm and relax in writing the ardous part. Writing A Poetry School & Management! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING! That’s really great news!! Well done!! Thanks for argumentative essay introduction Sheridan, letting me know #128578; thanks Liz ,was very efficiently significant. I had written my IELTS test twice before coming across your website. Both the times I scored 6.5 in writing essay IUBH School of Business & Management Writing which scoring above 7 in all the other 3 sections. Freelance Writing Saint High! I needed 7 in writing and hence I enrolled for IUBH School of Business, the third time. People Research To Saint John Paul! I came across your website 3 weeks before my test and a poetry IUBH School & Management, went through all the study material in your web pages.

I got my scores last week and was ecstatic to see that I managed 7 in my writing section. I am thankful to you and your website for helping me achieve my goal. You are doing such a commendable work. Articles International College! Keep it up. That’s really good news! I’m so pleased for writing IUBH School of Business, you.

It can be hard to hit that elusive band 7 in college essay writing. Well done #128578; Hi Liz, are you available to writing a poetry essay School of Business & Management correct my essay? If not, could you suggest another teacher? Thanks. You can find a teacher called Tony to help you on this page: http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-essay-correction/

My God! You are doing a beautiful job. More I’m studying from your website more I’m impressed! I can’t explain how much I feel grateful. Thanks a lot. Is the values of critical Fryeburg, writing matters for writing task 1 and 2? If so then whether we need to write in cursive or just clear.. I mean is any writing method acceptable? You just need clear writing. Writing! As long as the examiner can read it, you are fine. It doesn’t matter what style of handwriting you choose. Task 2 which you provided is for BC or IDP.Because i am taking idp exam,pls give me reply.

The tests are the same in IDP and BC – they are both owners of IELTS. thank you a lot for giving us all this informative lectures and publishes. But why different teachers give different IELTS writing rules. Example you teach us hooking in your introduction is not important, but other teachers demonstrate that it is very important. Writing Newspaper Articles International! And if we add hook to essay of Business our writing could it reduce our marks? Some teachers have completed the IELTS examiner training and others have not.

beautifully you have explained variety of expression, i am preparing for ielts and having many issues while putting pencil on paper to write answer for Writing task 2, would you please suggest how to get it done within stipulated time frame such as in month so that i can fulfill my dream to writing College of Management (ICMS) study abroad….. Firstly try to develop as many ideas for writing task 2 topics as you can. You can do this by writing essay IUBH of Business, taking ideas from how to write a summary article Stenden University model essays and other sites online. See this page for common topics: http://ieltsliz.com/100-ielts-essay-questions/. For techniques, see my advanced lessons: http://subscriptions.viddler.com/IELTSLizStore. First, I would like to say to you thank you for very nice lessons.

I was wondering to ask if you correct essay task 2 ? thank you very much. i just wanted to say that you are the best teacher. Hi mam i need your help how to write task 2 to get 8 band can you give 9band samples writing answer pls. You can find model answers on the main writing task 2 page of writing School of Business & Management, this blog. hi liz, i will give my ielts test after three month please help me in all. A Summary Of A Scientific Article Stenden University Of Applied Sciences! modules plss. There are 300 free pages of help on this blog. IUBH School! If you need more help with writing task 2, see my advanced lessons: http://subscriptions.viddler.com/IELTSLizStore.

Hope you are fine. My name is Gagandeep. People Research Essays In Order! I have IELTS test on 16th July and I feel I am not able to writing essay IUBH structure my ideas in writing task 1 and task 2 both. Please let me know how can I bulid my ideas perfectly to how to scientific article get band 8. At present, I can only suggest you get my advanced writing task 2 lessons: http://subscriptions.viddler.com/IELTSLizStore. Thank you so much for being replying to people i have recently got the writing IUBH School of Business, IELTS date which is on 16th of jun its my second time i am giving ielts the first time i got 5 bands and i need at essay lest 6.5 so how can i improve my grammar and vocabulary i have just 20 days remaining..

please do reply me soon. It is normally best to take the test when you repeatedly get the a poetry essay School, score you want in practice tests. To improve English in values thinking Fryeburg Academy just 20 days is a challenge. I can only suggest you decide what your main grammar problems are and deal with them one at a time. For vocabulary, review common topics for speaking ad writing – you can find word lists on google. this is my first query from you. please clarify. how to use furthermore,morever,in addition in an essay please clarify. Excessive use of computers has many detrimental effects on writing essay School & Management, childrens health.Firstly, frequent joint pain and fatigue are most likely to be experienced by young individuals and these issue seems to be prevaile till the death.Morever(do we use morever here to argumentative introduction introduce new idea such effect of exceissive computer usage and academic grades or do we have to discuss another health related issue)(moreover will be used to writing essay IUBH & Management introduce new idea such as school performance or anyother health related issue? thank you very much.

Sorry I don’t comment on writing. Thank you for all the tips on of critical thinking Fryeburg, how to write a meaningful essay. However could you please help out on writing essay IUBH School of Business & Management, how to values of critical Fryeburg Academy paraphrase the question as that part is posing a lot more difficulty for me at the moment. Thank you so much for the tips on how to write a meaningful essay. However could you please help out with how to paraphrase the question, which is writing IUBH posing as the College, most difficult part for me right now. i am going to take my test in 3days , i am not perfect at task2 i can”t able to a poetry IUBH School know how many word are of mandetatory can i write more than 250 words , can you please give me any suggestion how to get good score in articles International College (ICMS) task2 any key words etc. You can find information and tips for writing IUBH of Business, writing task 2 on this page: http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-writing-task-2/ and you can find advanced training on this page: http://subscriptions.viddler.com/IELTSLizStore. thank you very much.

I’m going to take IELTS on people research Paul II Academy, 16th April) hey liz i am learn many things related to ielts but my writing skill is not development and writing a poetry essay IUBH of Business, is it important strength of the sentence suggest me about this. A.A mam my problem is vocabulary. Plz help me by argumentative essay College, giving tips and vocab words. I need 7 in ielts. My general english is good. I can cope up with more complex sentence structures too.

But when it comes to writing task 2 , my brain just stops working. My main problem is I cant brainstorm on the topic. How can I improve my brainstorming for essay IUBH of Business & Management, different topics. Hello Mam,can you assess my writing task if i mail it to you please? Further I do not have good command on spelling. how can i improve it within one month effectivly. I can found some problems in writing task2 and i can not used rich vocabulary and write of a scientific University of Applied, some time i can’t get good points.so how can i improve.

Hi Liz, I know that native english speakers rarely use ” moreover”. Is it safe to use it in IELTS Essay? Thank you for writing a poetry essay IUBH of Business, your useful lessons. I have a question that worries me lately. Would the assessor count repetitive words? For example if I used the word “students” 9 times in the whole essay? Or another example, if in writing task 1, I used countries’ names all the time (besides making it nationality: Britain = British). Each word is argumentative essay introduction Sheridan counted. It is the a poetry essay IUBH School of Business & Management, same as using word count on a word document. Are the following answers appropriate for values Fryeburg, the respective questions? Thank you for the help.

No, both answers can’t be used. I appreciate your help on a poetry essay School, this question: can we use FIRST AND FOREMOST and LAST BUT NOT LEAST in writing articles International (ICMS) Academic Writing? Yes, but they are over used. This question is not about the linking words, its about grammar. In the 2nd question, why you have not use ” ……. problems ARE on a poetry & Management, the rise.” instead of ” …… problems IS on the rise”? thanks for your good websites.

how can i submit my writing for checking? thanks in advance. Unfortunately, I don’t offer essay marking and I don’t have any teachers to recommend. i wanna ask that sometimes like ….to…. like question are there in listening task what is the right way to help college essay answer this. Essay IUBH School Of Business & Management! it is essay College 4to5 or it is4,5. Just “4 5”. You don’t need punctuation. Writing A Poetry IUBH School Of Business & Management! Just make sure the numbers are easily read and separate. If you write “4 to 5” is would be marked wrong. Mam I weak in writing I Write only simple sentence then I lose band score…… What I use to get high score. You need to improve your English.

This is a language test – make sure your English is good. Get a teacher and start learning from English language websites. Do this before you do IELTS. can i say, “as a result” in place of “for this reason / therefore “ Yes, you can use that. We shouldn’t use these terms in the speaking part, should we? – The first thing i should mention is… – And i shouldn’t forget to mention. – There’s a mixed variety of things but i guess the most popular one is… I think that i had better answer directly and newspaper articles International of Management, spend time on expressing my ideas rather than using these phrases, but my teacher told me that i should use these to help organize my answer. You can use those phrases if they help you explain your ideas but they won’t necessarily give you a higher score.

In part 1, you must answer quickly and directly so don’t use them. In part 3, you might use them to explain your ideas. A Poetry Essay IUBH School! The most important thing is to speak naturally. Thank you for your help. Help College! #128578; I just want to ask about the appropriate answers for a listening practice test #128578; The questions are about ticket prices: According to what i heard, (1) is “one(-)way”. So is this written with or without a hyphen? For the second blank i heard “$45 in return” . Writing Essay IUBH School & Management! so should i write down “$45 in” into research in order, the blank or just “$45” ? Thank you for School & Management, your help.

One-way has a hyphen. For your second question, always look at the example they gave you. If the people research to Saint John, first one is “$30 one-way” then the second one must be “$45 return”. Always check the writing essay IUBH of Business & Management, grammar. For note, form or table completion, grammar is rarely involved.

Thanks a lot. May all the best things come to you, teacher. Can I answer questions 1 and 2 in a different way ? It can’t be “However” because there is no full stop. Help Writing Essay Du Leman! Always check grammar. Writing A Poetry Essay IUBH School! For the second question, “still” is possible. Thank you so much.I really appreciate your reply.

Would my answer be correct if I used a full stop (.However, ) ? I am asking because I could not see any grammatical difference in this sentence between using (even though ) or ( . However, ) . That’s right. You need the write a summary of a scientific article Stenden University, full stop. Is not it possible to a poetry essay & Management write the help du Leman, word this way: “…a way of communicating; however, it is…”? You would need to write the full sentence for me to check. I meant the first sentence you gave to practice. You answered Ahmad that is not right to a poetry essay of Business & Management use “However” there, and decided to ask if it can be “1st sentence ;however, 2nd sentence”.

Avoid using “;” in IELTS writing. Just use full stops or commas. You are great …God bless you. Hi mam.i want to study with you online, if you have time please teach me. At present the only lessons I offer are on my video course which I have only just started making. At present there is one lesson available for thinking Academy, writing task 2 and tomorrow I hope to put my second lesson up: http://subscriptions.viddler.com/IELTSLizStore. Today while searching some helpful tips for ielts exam i went through your videos and i found it vry easy and helpful ways to improve our writing skills. Hope it will work during my exam too.

Thank you mam for essay IUBH & Management, such a wonderful tips and argumentative essay, guidance. How i can improve my vocabulary please give me suggestion.my vocabulary is so poor. Start reading. Writing A Poetry! That is the argumentative essay Sheridan College, surest way to develop vocabulary and understanding. Thank you so much. Thank you so much for your wonderful tips.

Hello mam. I am Sandeep. Please help me. How i will get 6.5 band in writing task. I have just received my Ielts result. A Poetry Essay Of Business & Management! Thanks to your help, I have got an overall band score of 7.5, 8.0 for freelance article writing Saint John High School, the listening and reading test, 6.5 for the writing section and 7.0 for the speaking part. I am really delighted with this result because this is my first time ever studying on my own by using the materials on the Internet.

Thank you so much for all of your lessons, I really appreciate what you have been doing and your dedication to teaching. May all the best thing come to you and your family. Your Vietnamese student, I’m really pleased to hear your result. 7.5 is a poetry essay IUBH a really good score, particular for your first try.

In Vietnam the average is around band 6. So, band 7.5 puts you much higher than most students in your country. I hope you celebrated your result ! Good luck with your future plans #128578; Thank you, teacher #128512; I have my ielts exam on Thursday. I just wanna ask you that in help writing college essay writing task 2 general ielts training test ” in essay of Business my opinion….” Should write in introduction or conclusion? I am little confused with that. And suggestions like “they should do that ……” That will come in conclusion or in body paragraphs?

Where are they appropriate ? Looking forward for research essays to Saint John, your reply thanks. You put your opinion in writing a poetry essay IUBH School the introduction, if the instructions ask for your opinion or for you to answer a direct question. If the instructions don’t ask for how to a summary of a scientific Stenden University, your opinion, don’t give it. Writing A Poetry IUBH Of Business & Management! Please see my model essays to see how and where I put my opinion. Introduction Sheridan! There is also a separate lesson about giving your opinion on writing essay IUBH of Business, the writing task 2 page. Is it advisable to use the listing words such as firstly, secondly, thirdly and finally at the last paragraph before the conclusion or I could use it also at writing online John Diocesan my initial paragraph after the introduction? You use them as you want. They can order your paragraphs (although that is slightly mechanical) or you can use them to order supporting points in any paragraph you wish.

Thank you for your response liz #128578; Hello mam, i need your help how to complete reading task in one hour. Writing A Poetry Essay IUBH School & Management! There is some technic to do task as soon as possible because read full paragarh then find out ans. Is take so much time. Online Saint John Diocesan! Also how i improve my listening skills mam please help me. Please read my tips about comprehension and writing a poetry essay School of Business, strategy on write a summary of a article University Sciences, the reading page. I want to ask you about linking that are related to giving opinion. May I use them “I take the view that…” and “I subscribe to the theory that…” in writing Task 2 or just in writing essay IUBH & Management Speaking. Just be direct and don’t try to learn phrases – the examiner isn’t impressed by students who purposely learn phrases to boost their score and will not award points for it. Writing (ICMS)! You can use “In my opinion” or “I think” or “I agree” for task 2. Writing A Poetry Essay IUBH School! You can also find a lesson on my task 2 page about of critical Fryeburg Academy how to give your opinion.

For speaking, it is informal so you can use a range “I suppose”, ” I guess” or “I reckon” or “I think” etc. My ILETS exam was on writing essay IUBH & Management, the 4th of July and today I got my results’ message (listening 6, reading 6, writing 5.5, speaking 6.5). Essay Sheridan College! I am really shocked by my speaking and listening results. Do you you think I will get any new result if I reject and apply for remarking? Listening rarely changes with a remark because it is writing a poetry essay IUBH of Business marked by right or wrong answers and mistakes almost never happen. For speaking, band score 6.5 means you make more than a few mistakes in your grammar and vocabulary or possibly that your fluency is strong enough to newspaper College of Management (ICMS) be able to essay IUBH of Business talk at length without effort. It is possible to write research essays John II Academy get a remark for speaking but looking at your writing, it is even lower. So, it doesn’t give confidence that your score will go up with a remark. However, you must judge for yourself.

I have recently found out about your videos and website and writing a poetry IUBH School & Management, I deeply appreciate your effort. I am preparing for values thinking, an Academic module in a limited time so I found your lessons and essay School, instructions very useful to manage my studies. Although I am still struggling with Reading skill. The key to reading is to spend time understanding the language in the questions and values of critical thinking, thinking about IUBH School & Management paraphrasing before you try and introduction, find the answers. The more time you spend with the questions, the quicker it is to IUBH School & Management find answers. You should also be writing down a list of paraphrases from writing newspaper articles College all reading exercises you do. Lastly, spend time planning a strategy for each question type and learning which questions have answers that come in writing essay School & Management order. You can find a page about question types in the reading section of this blog. Thank you for freelance article writing jobs online Saint John The Baptist Diocesan School, such a useful note, but it seems you missed contrast/opposite connection words. You will find contrasting linking words in the concessions and contrast section. I’m confused using between these two words.

Is the same ” as a result ” and ” therefore”.? Could you explain it to me, please? Thank you very much. They have the writing a poetry IUBH School of Business, same meaning and of critical Fryeburg, you can alternate using them. This is such a big help Ms. Liz.

Thank you for a poetry essay School of Business, always updating your site! Love you! #128578; Please give me a common sentences of task 2 i can write in of critical Fryeburg Academy all type of essay. Sorry but that is not the right way to approach IELTS. The examiner is writing School & Management trained to spot learned sentences and you will lose marks. The sentences you should aim for are based on grammar structures or tenses: clauses, conditionals, prefect tenses, gerunds etc. Just review your grammar structures. Thanks to publish this useful words for writing task. I need 7 in that task while I was got 5.5 in how to write scientific article Stenden Sciences my first attempt after that I had knew about your site and I register myself in it and from that day onwards I regularly follow your tips hope i will improve in a poetry of Business my writing. Thanks again.

Make sure you check your level of English to get band 7. In the newspaper articles of Management, message above, your first 9 words contain 2 mistakes and the second sentence contains 5 mistakes. You will need to reduce your errors to writing a poetry School of Business get band 7. Current IELTS exam topics and questions: Share your IELTS test results. Useful Links for IELTS Line Graphs in WT1. WT1 Table 30th Sept: To be completed. IELTS Model Essays for thinking Academy, September 2017. IELTS Writing Questions September 2017. Answer to yesterday’s paraphrasing exercise 3. Hi, my name is Elizabeth (Liz).

I'm an writing essay School of Business, experienced IELTS teacher from the UK and a graduate of the University of London. I have been teaching for over 16 years and for the last 9 years I have specialised, exclusively, in values thinking Fryeburg IELTS. I have taught in a number of writing a poetry essay IUBH School of Business & Management, countries: England, Spain, New Zealand, South Korea, China and Vietnam, where I taught at the British Council.

Need Help Writing an Essay? -
IUBH School of Business and Management | Высшее…

North American Free Trade (NAFTA) Essay. North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) is one of the essay most influential international agreement between the US, Canada and Mexico that defined the economic, social and of a article Sciences political development of the writing IUBH three countries and North American region. In fact, NAFTA was intended to bring positive effects on the development of economies of three member states that signed the agreement. College! However, the a poetry essay IUBH & Management development of their economies after the implementation of thinking NAFTA has revealed the fact that NAFTA has not only writing essay IUBH School of Business & Management, positive but also negative effects. Moreover, initially, NAFTA was a sheer economic agreement between the US, Canada and Mexico that intended to facilitate the trade between the member states and economic cooperation between the countries. However, after the online Saint The Baptist High promulgation of the agreement by writing a poetry School, the member states, NAFTA has started to influence not only economic development of member states but also their social and political development, while effects of the introduction of NAFTA have turned out not only positive but also negative. As a result, NAFA became quite a controversial agreement, which effects influenced consistently the development of member states.

On the one hand, NAFTA accelerated the people research Paul II Academy economic cooperation between countries and stimulated the rise of certain industries but, on a poetry essay School & Management, the other hand, NAFTA provoked a steep decline of others. A Summary Scientific Article Stenden University Of Applied Sciences! In such a situation, large multinational corporations turned out to be in the advantageous position and benefited the most from the free trade agreement between the a poetry essay IUBH US, Canada and Mexico. Genuine essence of North American Free Trade is not a simple trade union or agreement, but a global institution that shapes the write research in order to Saint John Paul future not only for the countries who accepted this agreement but it also has an influence over the free trade and economic relations worldwide, in other words its setting is a poetry essay IUBH School of Business & Management setting global precedents. North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) consists of articles of Management Canada, Mexico and the United State, who are also the members of two well known free trade unions: the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the World Trade Organization (WTO), therefore the governments of all three countries are subject to the obligations of both agreements. (Condon, 2002) NAFTA is writing essay IUBH School & Management often perceived as a reflection and kind of rediscovery of the common experience and interrelated interests of its members have had over many years. For instance, Von Bertrab (1997) claims that NAFTA members are deeply connected from their origins and therefore the development of any founding member of NAFTA is how to of a scientific Stenden University of Applied Sciences influenced or somehow related to the other two members. But these countries are also divided by their interests and social norms, for instance Mexico is more traditional and native while the US have more connections with the EU countries. Before analyzing the negative economic and social effects of the NAFTA regulations I need to IUBH School & Management, draw your attention to the fact that NAFTA may be considered a rediscovery in a very broad sense, not only in economic, or political, but in social-cultural meaning as well.

That’s why this agreement is so important for these counties, because they rediscover and accept each other as partners, as support; besides it they adopt the new concept of America consisting of the countries with strong and tenuous links. The process of the development of these new relations needs some time and can’t happen immediately, it needs to progress and may be followed by complications, conflicts, in other words it’s not the easiest way but the final result may be worth it. It’s obvious, these interrelations between NAFTA members should mature, and the trade and other international economic relations may even cause serious conflicts and public concern. Therefore in order to meet these challenges more effectively, NAFTA framework is being updated from time to time, this allows the agreement to suite the actual issues and newspaper (ICMS) also old problems. Thus, the controversies in the interstate relations may be corrected when they arise, and it even concerns these controversies that aren’t directly should be managed by NAFTA (for instance, the indirect consequences of the free trade regulations may be jobs cuts, etc.) NAFTA regulations not only essay & Management, concern trade in goods and services, foreign investment and intellectual property rights but they also affect global business strategy. It’s clear that there is a number of advantages and disadvantages of the NAFTA regulations. It needs to be specified that there are many disadvantages that are directly or indirectly caused by NAFTA regulations.

For me there is no doubt that one of the most significant problems is the U.S. jobs cuts, because the production bases of many companies previously based in the US were moved to writing essay College du Leman, Mexico where the writing a poetry IUBH of Business & Management wages are much lower and its allows companies to keep their competitive positions in the industries. In fact, NAFTA eliminated fiscal barriers between countries that signed the agreement and stimulated their economic cooperation. The creation of NAFTA was a logical step in response to the growing cooperation between member states because existing fiscal barriers and regulations prevented companies operating in article writing jobs Saint John The Baptist Diocesan High the US, Canada and Mexico from free trade in each other’s market. As a result, the creation of NAFTA opened the essay IUBH School way for the free trade and companies could develop their business on the territory of member states without any substantial obstacles from the part of local governments. At the same time, the Fryeburg Academy development of NAFTA raised the question concerning the extent to which the agreement was beneficial for member states. In fact, the main question was the question of who benefits the most from NAFTA. A Poetry Essay School Of Business! Developers of NAFTA and proponents of free trade insist that free trade stimulates economic growth in countries, who signed NAFTA. The trade between the US, Canada and Mexico increased substantially. In such a context, NAFTA seems to be beneficial because it can books the economic development of member states. The economy growth, in its turn, creates new jobs and businesses that improve the socioeconomic situation in each country, member of NAFTA. However, benefits of NAFTA are not so significant compared to risks and threats associated with the development of NAFTA and consequences of the emergence of free trade between the US, Canada and Mexico (Farber, 2004).

In fact, the development of free trade implied not only the free movement of goods between countries, but also the free movement of capital and human resources. In such a way, the development of free trade stimulated the further integration of countries. However, such integration raised a number of problems. For instance, the US faced the problem of the growing immigration from Mexico and such immigration was the introduction Sheridan College natural consequence of the elimination of barriers between countries. Mexico faced the problem of the replacement of national companies by strong American and Canadian corporations. Local companies have proved to writing a poetry essay School of Business, be unable to compete with large multinational corporations and stronger companies from the Sheridan US and Canada. Canada also faced substantial difficulties associated with the expansion of American companies. Hence, there are many disadvantages that are created by NAFTA regulations and there is no doubt that one of the most significant problems is the writing IUBH of Business U.S. jobs loss.

The movement of the write a summary of a scientific article of Applied US and Canadian companies production to Mexico makes the workforce cost much cheaper than the high cost of the US. In fact, economic effects of the introduction of NAFTA were highly controversial. On the one hand, member states benefited from the acceleration of the economic cooperation between countries that stimulated the rise of business activities in the US, Canada and Mexico. On the other hand, many companies ran bankrupt, while free trade between member states resulted in the consistent deterioration of the position of local communities, when many employees in writing essay IUBH & Management the US, for instance, lost their jobs as American companies used outsourcing and moved production facilities to Mexico, where costs of the labor force are consistently lower compared to the US or Canada. In addition, NAFTA paved the way to the debate on the closer integration of countries to the extent that there were debates concerning the of a article of Applied introduction of common currency. This policy would make NAFTA member states similar to the EU united by a poetry IUBH, common currency. Argumentative Introduction! In fact, the common currency would facilitate the free trade. On the other hand, the idea of the introduction of the common currency for member states of NAFTA was rejected for now because it could deteriorate the financial position of the US and it could raise a number of financial and economic problems. The introduction of the common currency would raise not only economic but also political issues because the national currency is viewed by many as a symbol of independence. Moreover, such initiatives apparently threaten to the independence of national economies and such close integration eliminates national frontiers and writing essay School of Business makes member states too dependent on each other.

As a result, the implementation of NAFTA regulations had not only economic but also social effects. In this regard, the help writing College rise of unemployment was closely intertwined with NAFTA. As it has been already mentioned above, outsourcing contributed to the rise of the writing a poetry essay & Management unemployment rate in the US. In Order To Saint! The growing unemployment in the US was not the writing School of Business only effect of the implementation of NAFTA. If Americans suffered from outsourcing that provoked unemployment than Mexico and partially Canada faced the problem of the inability of their small and medium companies to compete with large multinational corporations based in the US. In fact, large multinational corporations virtually swept away many small companies. As a result, many businesses in Mexico and college College Canada ran bankrupt that also increased the social tension for a poetry essay IUBH School of Business & Management former businessmen had to look for new jobs but there were a few offers that met their qualifications and ambitions. The flow of immigrants from write of a scientific, Mexico to writing a poetry essay IUBH School & Management, the US and partially to Canada was another effect of NAFTA. The growing flow of of a scientific Stenden University of Applied Sciences immigrants from Mexico to the US and Canada is one of the writing a poetry essay School main effects of NAFTA because the article writing John Diocesan School agreement encouraged the free movement of goods, capital and people between member states.

As a result, many Mexicans moved northward to the US and Canada in search of a better life. Immigrants increased the competition in the local labor market that aggravated the economic situation and increased the social tension. In response to the growing immigration many Americans insisted on the change of immigration laws to stop the flow of immigrants from Mexico. A Poetry IUBH Of Business! The tension between the how to write article Stenden University of Applied local population and immigrants became the direct effect of NAFTA. In such a situation, the essay & Management controversy of NAFTA is obvious, while the introduction of writing newspaper articles International of Management (ICMS) consistent changes in economic policies conducted by member states in terms of NAFTA is obvious. Writing School & Management! These changes should be grounded on the strong theoretical background. The gradual evolution of economic theories of the College international trade over the previous centuries has resulted in the creation of different international unions. It should be said that globalization of the world economy has increased international trade in goods, services and foreign investment and this has coincided with a proliferation of international trade and investment agreements.

One of these agreements is North American Free Trade (NAFTA) which is an important part of the global free trade system. Neoliberalism supports the development of free trade and NAFTA contributes to the development of free trade and liberalization of economic relations. In fact, the emergence of NAFTA was closely intertwined with the emergence of essay IUBH Neoliberalism in the late 20th century. Neoliberalism stands on the ground of the minimal intervention of the government in the economic development and values of critical thinking Fryeburg Academy business activities. In such a context, the development of international trade is writing a poetry essay IUBH of Business & Management beneficial for the economic development of countries. However, Neoliberalist approach to the development of free international trade and such agreements as NAFTA will not work because they fail to prevent negative effects of NAFTA and similar agreements. In stark contrast, the further economic integration that is supported by Neoliberals may aggravate the economic development of freelance article online John The Baptist Diocesan School countries and the position of a larger part of the society in member states. What is meant here is the writing essay fact that the further integration of member states would be a reasonable step in thinking Fryeburg Academy terms of the writing IUBH School Neoliberal approach to economy. How To Article Stenden University Of Applied Sciences! The further economic integration would mean the aggravation of existing problems, such as growing unemployment and high immigration rate that would lead to the depopulation of Mexico, removal of writing IUBH hazardous production facilities to values thinking Fryeburg, Mexico, the replacement of local small business by large American and Canadian multinational corporations. On the other hand, the US and Canada would face the writing a poetry essay IUBH of Business & Management growing flow of immigrants from Mexico and outsourcing of many productions from the US and Canada to Mexico.

Instead, the Social Conflict theory could explain the current development of NAFTA’s member states. How To Write A Summary Scientific Article Sciences! To put it more precisely, the free trade is the natural part of the capitalist economic development, when the accumulation of capital leads to the further expansion of large companies and severe exploitation of employees. Essay School Of Business & Management! As companies have reached limits within national frontiers, they need to enter international markets NAFTA is the perfect tool for the fast economic market expansion. Large multinational corporations penetrate new markets and establish their control taking the leading position and striving for the monopolization of the market. As a result, large multinational corporations take control over a larger part of the economy of member states that is the case of large corporation in the US, Canada and Mexico after the implementation of NAFTA. In such a situation, the introduction of restrictions in essay College terms of NAFTA is essential for the prevention of the a poetry essay further growth of control of large corporations over values of critical thinking Fryeburg Academy national economies. The supporters of the idea of diminishing the NAFTA agreement indicate that the jobs losses caused serious harm for essay the US and therefore this and other free trade agreements are rather negative factors for the country: “U.S. Write Of A Scientific Article Stenden University Of Applied! Jobs Were Lost: Since labor is essay IUBH School of Business cheaper in Mexico, many manufacturing industries moved part of their production from high-cost U.S. states. Between 1994 and 2010, the U.S. trade deficits with Mexico totaled $97.2 billion, displacing 682,900 U.S. How To Write Scientific Article University Of Applied Sciences! jobs. (However, 116,400 occurred after 2007, and could have been a result of the financial crisis.) Nearly 80% of the losses were in manufacturing. California, New York, Michigan and Texas were hit the hardest because they had high concentrations of the industries that moved plants to Mexico. These industries included motor vehicles, textiles, computers, and electrical appliances.” (“The High Cost of Free Trade”, 2011).

On the other hand, restrictions in terms of NAFTA would change the essence of the agreement and lead to the consistent change of the agreement. Thus, it is obvious that NAFTA needs changes to a poetry & Management, prevent its negative socioeconomic effects. In this regard, policy makers should conduct socially responsible policies and decrease the writing newspaper articles tension between the rich and the poor. Policy makers should make NAFTA socially responsible and protect interests of employees but not interests of large corporations as NAFTA does at the moment.

Expert Essay Writers -
IUBH School of Business and Management — Агентство…

adrienne rich essay Adrienne Rich: Online Essays and Letters. Recently I collected a number of my prose writings for a forthcoming volume. A Poetry Essay Of Business & Management. Rereading them, it struck me that for some readers, the earlier pieces might seem to belong to how to a summary a bygone era--20 to 30 years ago. I chose to include them as background, indicating certain directions in my thinking. A burgeoning women's movement in the 1970s and a poetry IUBH of Business & Management, early 1980s incited and provided the occasions for them, created their ecology. But, as I suggested in Notes Toward a Politics of writing College of Management, Location, my thinking was unable to fulfill itself within feminism alone. Our senses are currently whip-driven by a feverish new pace of technological change. The activities that mark us as human, though, don't begin, exist in, or end by such a calculus.

They pulse, fade out, and pulse again in human tissue, human nerves, and in the elemental humus of memory, dreams, and art, where there are no bygone eras. They are in us, they can speak to us, they can teach us if we desire it. In fact, for Westerners to look back on 1900 is to a poetry & Management come full face upon ourselves in thinking Academy 2000, still trying to grapple with the hectic power of capitalism and technology, the displacement of the essay IUBH School & Management social will into the accumulation of money and things. Thus (Karl Marx in 1844) all physical and intellectual senses (are) replaced by the simple alienation of all these senses, the sense of having. We have been here all along. But retrospection can also remind us how one period's necessary strategies can mutate into the monsters of writing newspaper articles International College of Management, a later time. Essay School. The accurate feminist perceptions that women's lives, historically or individually, were mostly unrecorded and that the personal is political are cases in point.

Feminism has depended heavily on the concrete testimony of individual women, a testimony that was meant to accumulate toward collective understanding and practice. In When We Dead Awaken, I borrowed my title from Ibsen's last play, written in 1900. Certainly the issues Ibsen had dramatized were very much alive. I used myself to illustrate a woman writer's journey, rather tentatively. In 1971 this still seemed a questionable, even illegitimate, approach, especially in a paper to be given at an academic convention. Soon thereafter, personal narrative was becoming valued as the true coin of feminist expression. At the write a summary scientific article Stenden of Applied same time, in every zone of public life, personal and private solutions were being marketed by a profit-driven corporate system, while collective action and even collective realities were mocked at best and at writing School of Business, worst rendered historically sterile. By the newspaper articles College of Management (ICMS) late 1990s, in mainstream American public discourse, personal anecdote was replacing critical argument, true confessions were foregrounding the discussion of ideas. A feminism that sought to engage race and colonialism, the global monoculture of United States corporate and military interests, the specific locations and agencies of women within all this was being countered by the marketing of writing IUBH School, a United States model of female--or feminine--self-involvement and writing college essay, self-improvement, devoid of political context or content. Still, those early essays suggest the terrain where I started: a time of imaginative and intellectual ferment, when many kinds of transformations seemed possible.

Women and Honor belongs to a period when there was in the air a theoretical code of ethical responsibility among women: a precarious solidarity of writing a poetry essay IUBH & Management, gender. Within that ethic--which I shared--I was trying to criticize the deceptions we practiced on each other and ourselves. Published at a time of argumentative College, vigorous feminist small-press pamphleteering, Women and Honor seemed, for a while, usable. Today, the parts that most interest me are the descriptions of how lying can disrupt the writing essay School of Business internal balance of the of critical thinking Fryeburg Academy one who accepts the lie, and the difficulties of constructing an honorable life. I believe these stretch beyond gender to other hoped-for pacts, comradeships, and conversations, including those between the citizen and her government. (I do not believe that truth-telling exists in writing a poetry essay School of Business a bubble, sealed off from the desire for justice.) Looking back on her own earlier writings, Susan Sontag has remarked: Now the very idea of the write a summary article Stenden of Applied serious (and the honorable) seems quaint, 'unrealistic,' to most people. Writing A Poetry Essay School & Management. Like other serious and vibrant movements, feminism was to be countered by cultural patterns unforeseen before the 1980s: a growing middle-class self-absorption and indifference both to ideas and to the larger social order, along with the compression of media power and how to scientific of Applied, resources into fewer and essay IUBH School of Business & Management, fewer hands, during and write of a University of Applied Sciences, beyond the Reagan years. It interests me that in Women and Honor, that poetically terse piece of writing, I first invoked the essay IUBH School name of Marx--to dismiss Marxism for women. I was of course echoing the standard anti-Marxism of the postwar American cultural and political mainstream. But, as I indicate in people research in order Paul Raya Dunayevskaya's Marx, written more than a decade later, this anti-Marxism, uncriticized and uninvestigated, was present also in a poetry IUBH School of Business & Management the women's movement. Marxism was tainted there, both by garden-variety anticommunism and by the fear that class would erase gender once again, when gender was just beginning to be understood as a political category.

Sometime around 1980 I felt impelled to values of critical Fryeburg go back and read what I had dismissed or felt threatened by: I had to find out writing essay of Business & Management, what Marx, along the way of his own development, had actually written. Essay Sheridan College. I began working my way through those writings, in the assorted translations and editions available to me, an autodidact and an outsider, not an a poetry IUBH of Business, academic or post-Marx Marxist. There were passages that whetted my hunger; others I traversed laboriously and in intellectual fatigue. I understood that I was sometimes overhearing early 19th-century German philosophical diatribes I could just as well skip. What kept me going was the sense of being in writing newspaper articles of Management the company of a great geographer of the human condition, and essay School of Business, specifically, a sense of recognition: how profit-driven economic relations filter into zones of thought and feeling. Marx's depiction of early 19th-century capitalism and its dehumanizing effect on the social landscape rang truer than ever at the century's end. Values Of Critical Thinking. Along with that flare of writing a poetry IUBH School & Management, recognition came profound respect and empathy for Marx's restless vision of human capacities and the nature of their frustration. I found no blueprint for a future utopia but a skilled diagnosis of skewed and disfigured human relationships. I found a Marx who would have been revolted by Stalinism, by the expropriation of his ideas in the name of tyranny, by the expropriation of his name: I am not a Marxist, he said. In the feminism I had embraced, as in the social field where it was rooted, there was a salient dialectic: racism as destructive presence, race as great social teacher.

Time and again racial actualities pushed against the primary oppression of gender; time and again the lesson was forgotten. I came to realize that we were afraid: that a focus on writing newspaper College, class (read Marxism) might blot out a focus on gender and race; that gender (feminism) might blot out race and class; that you could look at history and see the big eraser wiping out each successive lesson of justice, so that collective knowledge could not accumulate. For the pressing motif of this excessive society was and is: There is not enough (space, livelihood, validation) for all. I'm not sure that I could have read Marx with so much patience and a poetry essay School, appetite had I not participated in freelance article online Saint John the inevitable shortcomings of the feminist movement in the United States. Though some feminists (mostly women of color) insisted on intersections of a poetry essay IUBH School of Business & Management, race, class, and gender, emphasis was more often laid on women's individual class identifications and how they negotiated them, or on poverty and welfare, than on how class, poverty and the need for welfare are produced and perpetuated in the first place. (Both kinds of work, of essay introduction College, course, are necessary.) Elsewhere, movement was being parochialized into women's culture. Meanwhile, the expansion of capitalism's force field, the impoverishment of women within it, and the steep concentration of of Business & Management, wealth were all brutally accelerating. We can think of of critical Academy, second-wave feminism as a splinter off the a poetry essay School of Business radical movements of United States history, especially the Depression-driven movements of the 1930s and newspaper International College of Management, 1940s, movements always under fire, repressed in writing a poetry IUBH the 1950s, resurgent in writing essay du Leman new forms in the 1960s, and by the 1970s, again being deliberately defused and isolated. A Poetry IUBH. Above all, the essay Sheridan political groupings of African Americans were under hostile surveillance. Earlier, Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr.--both leaders with large constituencies--had been murdered just as each was unscrolling a map on which race and class intersected in a shared landscape. The blotting of those maps was accomplished by violence, persecution, censorship and propaganda. The energy, hopefulness, brains and passion of a women's movement erupting in the United States at such a time was no match for these political circumstances.

The important legacies of that movement reside not in a poetry & Management the names of a few women starring in the media, but in the many lifesaving, stubbornly ongoing grass-roots organizations it had the power to ignite. I still believe what I wrote in 1971: A change in the concept of sexual identity is essential if we are not to see the old political order reassert itself in every new revolution. What prose I wrote in the 1990s was fired by a hope of bringing together ideas that had been forcibly severed from each other or thrown into competition: such as the making of literature and public education. Sometimes I felt ideas that attracted me mutually repelling each other. Or I felt the shortcomings of my own language pitted against help du Leman, a lethargic liberalism or a despicable rhetoric of spin. Sometimes it all seemed mere Sisyphean effort, pushing uphill and futureless a rock bearing sweaty handprints of so many others. But Sisyphus is not, finally, a useful image. You don't roll some unitary boulder of language or justice uphill; you try with others to assist in cutting and laying many stones, designing a foundation. A Poetry Essay Of Business & Management. One of the stonecutter-architects I met was Muriel Rukeyser, whose work I had begun reading in depth in the 1980s.

Through her prose Rukeyser had engaged me intellectually; her poetry, however, in its range and people write essays John Paul II Academy, daring, held me first and last. Writing A Poetry Essay IUBH School Of Business & Management. Her Vision is a tribute to the mentorship of her work. Another was Raya Dunayevskaya, who wrote vividly and trenchantly of the concrete revolutionary lives of women, and whose fusion of Marx's humanism with contemporary feminisms expanded my sense of the possibilities of both. I was also undertaking a kind of research into poetics, both as writing and as reading. Argumentative Essay Sheridan. I had always worked fairly instinctually and independently as a poet, distrusting groups and manifestos, which I found mostly unuseful in their exclusive male compadreship; I trusted their poetry more than their bondings. (I have had to reckon in and out of gender to School of Business do my work.) But it seemed to me that an accumulating incoherence and disruption of a summary of a scientific Stenden of Applied, public language and images in the late 20th century was something poets had to reckon with, not just for our own work. I had explored this challenge in my 1993 book, What Is Found There: Notebooks on Poetry and Politics. I was looking for poetics and writing essay School, practice that could resist degraded media and a mass entertainment culture, both of them much more pervasive and powerful than earlier in the century. Values Of Critical Fryeburg. There was nothing new about this; artists have long made art against the commodity culture. And innovative or transgressive art has itself been commodified, yet has dialectically frictioned new forms and imaginings into existence. One of the essay of Business & Management questions that pursued me is whether, and how, innovative or so-called avant-garde poetics are necessarily or even potentially revolutionary: Do they simply embrace a language so deracinated that it is write Stenden privy in its rebellions only to a few? The question is not unreasonable given the decidedly antibourgeois, anticonformist claims of avant-garde tradition.

The obverse question is inescapable: Can a radical social imagination clothe itself in a poetry IUBH of Business & Management a language worn thin by usage or debased by marketing, promotion and the will to power? In order to meet that will to power, must we choose between the nonreferential and the paraphrasable? I believe in the necessity for a poetic language untethered from the compromised language of state and media. Values Fryeburg. Yet how, I have wondered, can poetry persist as a ligatory art rather than as an echo chamber of writing a poetry essay IUBH of Business & Management, fragmentation and alienation? Can the language of poetry become too abstract (some might say elitist) even as it tries to claim what Octavio Paz has called the help college College du Leman other voice? Is there a way of writing on the edge? Of course I think there is, and has been; I test my own work from that likelihood. Language, I find in Marx, is the writing presence of the community.

In a 1979 essay by Gary Snyder: The community and its poetry are not two. Are writers, poets, artists, thinking people still merely gnashing away at the problems of the early 20th century? But this is not mere. These primal, unsilenced questions pursue us, wherever we are trying to people research in order to Saint John Paul live conscientiously in the time we have. A new century, even a new technology, doesn't of writing essay IUBH, itself produce newness. It is college live human beings, looking in all directions, who will do this. For more than 50 years I have been writing, tearing, up, revising poems, studying poets from writing a poetry School of Business & Management every culture and century available to me. I have been a poet of the oppositional imagination, meaning that I don't think my only argument is with myself. My work is for write of a Stenden University of Applied, people who want to imagine and claim wider horizons and writing a poetry essay School of Business & Management, carry on help writing college College du Leman, about them into the night, rather than rehearse the landlocked details of personal quandaries or the price for which the a poetry essay IUBH School of Business & Management house next door just sold. Essay. At times in the past decade and a half I have felt like a stranger in my own country. I seem not to speak the official language.

I believe many others feel like this, not just as poets or intellectuals but as citizens--accountable yet excluded from power. I began as an a poetry essay IUBH of Business, American optimist, albeit a critical one, formed by our racial legacy and by the Vietnam War. In both these cases it was necessary to write a summary article University look hard truths in the face in order to change horrible realities. I believed, with many others, that my country's historical aquifers were flowing in that direction of democratic change. IUBH Of Business. I became an American skeptic, not as to the long search for justice and dignity, which is part of all human history, but in the light of write of a article Sciences, my nation's leading role in demoralizing and destabilizing that search, here at home and around the world. IUBH School & Management. Perhaps just such a passionate skepticism, neither cynical nor nihilistic, is the ground for continuing. Copyright 2001 Los Angeles Times . Academy. Online Source. Why I Refused the National Medal for writing a poetry essay & Management, the Arts Los Angeles Times Book Section -- August 3, 1997.

Note: Adrienne Rich's recent refusal of the National Medal for the Arts puzzled many people. The debate over the proper relations between the state and the artist, between the realms of the public and the private, continues unabated. Book Review invited Rich to explain why she refused the presidential honor. The invitation from the International College of Management (ICMS) White House came by telephone on July 3, just before the national holiday, a time of public contention about the relationship of government to the arts. After several years' erosion of arts funding and hostile propaganda from the religious right and the Republican Congress, the House vote to end the National Endowment for the Arts was looming. That vote would break as news on July 10; my refusal of the National Medal for the Arts would run as a sidebar story in writing a poetry of Business the New York Times and the San Francisco Chronicle. In fact, I was unaware of the timing. My no came directly out of my work as a poet and essayist and citizen drawn to the interfold of personal and college essay College du Leman, public experience. I had recently been thinking and writing about the essay IUBH School & Management growing fragmentation of the social compact, of freelance article writing online John The Baptist High School, whatever it was this country had ever meant when it called itself a democracy: the shredding of the a poetry School of Business & Management vision of government of the people, by the people, for how to write a summary scientific Stenden University, the people. We the people--still an excellent phrase, said the prize-winning playwright Lorraine Hansberry in 1962, well aware who had been excluded, yet believing the phrase might someday come to writing essay & Management embrace us all.

And I had for years been feeling both personal and public grief, fear, hunger and the need to render this, my time, in the language of writing newspaper College of Management (ICMS), my art. Whatever was newsworthy about my refusal was not about writing a poetry essay IUBH, a single individual--not myself, not President Clinton. Nor was it about article online John The Baptist High, a single political party. Both major parties have displayed a crude affinity for the interests of corporate power while deserting the majority of the people, especially the most vulnerable. Like so many others, I've watched the dismantling of a poetry IUBH of Business & Management, our public education, the steep rise in write of a scientific Stenden University our incarceration rates, the demonization of our young black men, the writing a poetry essay School of Business accusations against our teenage mothers, the selling of health care--public and private--to the highest bidders, the export of subsistence-level jobs in writing newspaper of Management (ICMS) the United States to even lower-wage countries, the use of below-minimum-wage prison labor to break strikes and raise profits, the a poetry School of Business scapegoating of immigrants, the denial of dignity and minimal security to our working and argumentative essay College, poor people. At the same time, we've witnessed the acquisition of publishing houses, once risk-taking conduits of creativity, by conglomerates driven single-mindedly to fast profits, the writing essay IUBH School of Business & Management acquisition of major communications and media by those same interests, the sacrifice of the arts and freelance jobs online Saint John Diocesan High, public libraries in stripped-down school and civic budgets and, most recently, the evisceration of the National Endowment for the Arts. Piece by piece the democratic process has been losing ground to the accumulation of a poetry of Business, private wealth. There is no political leadership in freelance article jobs The Baptist Diocesan School the White House or the Congress that has spoken to and for the people who, in a very real sense, have felt abandoned by their government. Hansberry spoke her words about essay IUBH School of Business, government during the Cuban missile crisis, at a public meeting in New York to abolish the House Un-American Activities Committee. She also said in that speech, My government is values thinking Fryeburg Academy wrong.

She did not say, I abhor all government. She claimed her government as a citizen, African American and female, and she challenged it. (I listened to her words again, on an old vinyl recording, this past Fourth of July.) In a similar spirit, many of us today might wish to hold government accountable, challenge the agendas of private power and wealth that have displaced historical tendencies toward genuinely representative government in the United States. We might still wish to claim our government, to say, This belongs to us--we, the people, as we are now. We would have to start asking questions that have been defined as non-questions--or as naive, childish questions. In the IUBH School of Business & Management recen official White House focus on race, it goes consistently unsaid that the all-embracing enterprise of our early history was the slave trade, which left nothing, no single life, untouched and was, along with the genocide of the native population and the seizure of their lands, the foundation of our national prosperity and power.

Promote dialogues on race? Apologize for slavery? We would need to perform an autopsy on capitalism itself. Marxism has been declared dead. Yet the questions Marx raised are still alive and pulsing, however the language and the labels have been co-opted and abused. What is social wealth?

How do the conditions of human labor infiltrate other social relationships? What would it require for people to live and work together in conditions of radical equality? How much inequality will we tolerate in write a summary of a scientific article Stenden University of Applied the world's richest and a poetry essay of Business & Management, most powerful nation? Why and how have these and similar questions become discredited in public discourse? And what about art? Mistrusted, adored, pietized, condemned, dismissed as entertainment, auctioned at newspaper College of Management (ICMS), Sotheby's, purchased by investment-seeking celebrities, it dies into the art object of a thousand museum basements. It's also reborn hourly in prisons, women's shelters, small-town garages, community college workshops, halfway houses--wherever someone picks up a pencil, a wood-burning tool, a copy of The Tempest, a tag-sale camera, a whittling knife, a stick of charcoal, a pawnshop horn, a video of Citizen Kane, whatever lets you know again that this deeply instinctual yet self-conscious expressive language, this regenerative process, could help you save your life.

If there were no poetry on writing IUBH School, any day in the world, the poet Muriel Rukeyser wrote, poetry would be invented that day. For there would be an intolerable hunger. In an people write John II Academy, essay on the Caribbean poet Aime Cesaire, Clayton Eshleman names this hunger as the desire, the need, for a more profound and ensouled world. There is a continuing dynamic between art repressed and art reborn, between the relentless marketing of the superficial and the spectral and vivid reality that employs all means (Rukeyser again) to reach through armoring, resistances, resignation, to a poetry essay School & Management recall us to desire. Thinking. Art is both tough and fragile. It speaks of what we long to hear and what we dread to writing a poetry essay IUBH find.

Its source and native impulse, the write in order to Saint John Paul imagination, may be shackled in early life, yet may find release in conditions offering little else to the spirit. For a recent document on this, look at Phyllis Kornfeld's Cellblock Visions: Prison Art in America, notable for writing a poetry School, the variety and emotional depth of the artworks reproduced, the words of the inmate artists and for Kornfeld's unsentimental and lucid text. Having taught art to inmates for 14 years in 18 institutions (including maximum security units), she sees recent incarceration policy overall as rapidly devolving from rehabilitation to dehumanization, including the dismantling of prison arts programs. Art can never be totally legislated by any system, even those that reward obedience and send dissident artists to hard labor and death; nor can it, in our specifically compromised system, be really free. It may push up through cracked macadam, by the merest means, but it needs breathing space, cultivation, protection to fulfill itself. How To Write Of A. Just as people do. Writing Essay IUBH Of Business & Management. New artists, young or old, need education in their art, the tools of their craft, chances to values Academy study examples from the past and meet practitioners in the present, get the criticism and encouragement of mentors, learn that they are not alone. As the socialcompact withers, fewer and fewer people will be told, yes, you can do this, this also belongs to you.

Like government, art needs the participation of the many in order not to become the property of a powerful and IUBH of Business, narrowly self-interested minority. Art is our human birthright, our most powerful means of College (ICMS), access to our own and another's experience and imaginative life. Of Business & Management. In continually rediscovering and recovering the humanity of human beings, art is crucial to the democratic vision. A government tending further and a summary of a University of Applied, further away from the search for democracy will see less and School & Management, less use in article writing online Saint John Diocesan School encouraging artists, will see art as obscenity or hoax. In 1987, the late Justice William Brennan spoke of formal reason severed from the insights of passion as a major threat to due-process principles. Writing A Poetry IUBH Of Business. Due process asks whether government has treated someone fairly, whether individual dignity has been honored, whether the worth of an individual has been acknowledged. Freelance John The Baptist Diocesan High School. Officials cannot always silence these questions by School of Business & Management pointing to rational action taken according to standard rules. They must plumb their conduct more deeply, seeking answers in the more complex equations of freelance article writing jobs online High School, human nature and experience. It is IUBH of Business & Management precisely where fear and hatred of write of a scientific Stenden University Sciences, art join the writing essay IUBH School of Business & Management pull toward quantification and abstraction, where the human face is mechanically deleted, that human dignity disappears from the social equation. Of Critical Thinking Fryeburg. Because it is to School of Business those complex equations of human nature and experience that art addresses itself. In a society tyrannized by the accumulation of freelance article jobs Saint John The Baptist Diocesan, wealth as Eastern Europe was tyrannized by its own false gods of concentrated power, recognized artists have, perhaps, a new opportunity to work out our connectedness, as artists, with other people who are beleaguered, suffering, disenfranchised--precariously employed workers, trashed elders, throwaway youth, the unsuccessful and the art they too are nonetheless making and writing a poetry essay School of Business & Management, seeking.

I wish I didn't feel the necessity to say here that none of this is about imposing ideology or style or content on artists; it is about the inseparability of how to write a summary Stenden University of Applied, art from acute social crisis in IUBH School of Business this century and the one now coming up. We have a short-lived model in our history for the place of people in order Paul, art in relation to government. During the essay IUBH School of Business Depression of the article jobs online The Baptist High School 1930s, under New Deal legislation, thousands of creative and performing artists were paid modest stipends to work in the Federal Writers Project, the Federal Theatre Project, the Federal Art Project. Their creativity, in the form of novels, murals, plays, performances, public monuments, the providing of music and theater to IUBH School of Business & Management new audiences, seeded the art and the consciousness of succeeding decades. Values Of Critical Thinking Fryeburg Academy. By 1939, this funding was discontinued. Federal funding for the arts, like the philanthropy of private arts patrons, can be given and taken away. In the long run, art need to grow organically out of a social compost nourishing to everyone, a literate citizenry, a free, universal, public education complex with art as an integral element, a society without throwaway people, honoring both human individuality and the search for a decent, sustainable common life. In such conditions, art would still be a voice of hunger, desire, discontent, passion, reminding us that the writing a poetry essay IUBH School of Business democratic project is writing The Baptist Diocesan High never-ending. For that to happen, what else would have to change? I hope the discussion will continue. The National Endowment for the Arts, 1100 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington 20506.

Dear Jane Alexander, I just spoke with a young man from a poetry essay IUBH of Business your office, who informed me that I had been chosen to be one of twelve recipients of the National Medal for the Arts at a ceremony at the White House in the fall. I told him at once that I could not accept such an award from article writing jobs Saint The Baptist President Clinton or this White House because the very meaning of art, as I understand it, is incompatible with the cynical politics of IUBH & Management, this administration. I want to College clarify to you what I meant by my refusal. Anyone familiar with my work from the early Sixties on knows that I believe in writing IUBH of Business & Management art's social presence--as breaker of write a summary scientific article University, official silences, as voice for those whose voices are disregarded, and as a human birthright.

In my lifetime I have seen the a poetry essay & Management space for write a summary of a scientific Stenden University, the arts opened by movements for social justice, the power of art to writing a poetry IUBH break despair. Over the past two decades I have witnessed the increasingly brutal impact of racial and economic injustice in our country. There is no simple formula for the relationship of people research to Saint, art to justice. But I do know that art--in my own case the writing essay IUBH School of Business & Management art of poetry--means nothing if it simply decorates the dinner table of power which holds it hostage. Write Of A Article Stenden. The radical disparities of wealth and power in writing essay School of Business America are widening at a devastating rate. A President cannot meaningfully honor certain token artists while the people at large are so dishonored. I know you have been engaged in a serious and disheartening struggle to save government funding for the arts, against those whose fear and suspicion of art is of critical thinking Academy nakedly repressive. In the end, I don't think we can separate art from IUBH School of Business & Management overall human dignity and help college College du Leman, hope.

My concern for my country is inextricable from a poetry & Management my concerns as an artist. I could not participate in people write in order John a ritual which would feel so hypocritical to me. cc: President Clinton. A Poetry IUBH School Of Business. Defy the Space That Separates from The Nation (Oct. 7, 1996) I never expected to edit a contemporary poetry anthology. When David Lehman, the series editor for Best American Poetry , asked me to undertake a volume, I was dubious -- about the title and its implications, about the freelance writing John High catchment area I could possibly hope to survey, about the usefulness of the project, not only for me but for poetry itself. Writing IUBH School Of Business. Who would read it, how would it serve? My decision finally rested on Lehman's guarantee of thinking Academy, complete editorial independence, which he honored throughout the selection process.

And so The Best American Poetry 1996 belies its title. From the first I pushed aside the designations best and American (surely in the many Americas there are many poetries). Rather, I visualized a gathering of poems that one editor, reading through mailboxesful of journals that publish poetry, found especially urgent, lively, haunting, resonant, demanding to a poetry essay & Management be reread. Writing College College Du Leman. By temperament, experience and lifework I've been drawn over the past six decades to many kinds of poetry, not always comparable to one another; toward certain kinds of claims for poetry. These inclinations are without doubt reflected in writing essay of Business & Management my choices. But also reflected in this collection -- both by what's here and by what is not -- are the circumstances of values of critical thinking Fryeburg, North America (reaching into Mexico) in a decade that began with the Gulf War and that has witnessed accelerated social disintegration, the writing a poetry of Business lived effects of an argumentative essay introduction College, economic system out of a poetry essay School of Business, control and antihuman at its core. Contempt for language, the evisceration of people write research essays to Saint II Academy, meaning from IUBH words, are cultural signs that should not surprise us.

Material profit finally has no use for other values, in fact reaps benefits from social incoherence and atomization, and from the erosion of research John II Academy, human bonds of trust -- in language or anything else. And so rapid has been the coming-apart during the years of the nineties in which these poems were being written, so stunned are so many at the violence of the dismantling (of laws, protections, opportunities, due process, mere civilities) that some of us easily forget how the history of this Republic has been a double history, of selective and unequal arrangements regarding property, human bodies, opportunity, due process, freedom of expression, civility and much else. What is new: the official recantation of the essay School of Business & Management idea that democracy should be continually expanding, not contracting -- an idea that made life more livable for how to write scientific article University Sciences, some, more hopeful for others, caused still others to writing rise to their fullest stature -- an appeal to the desire for a common welfare and public happiness, above the balance sheets of profit. Poetry, John Berger has written, can repair no loss, but it defies the space which separates. by its continual labour of reassembling what has been scattered. As I read throughout the year, I found myself asking, What does it mean for poets when so powerful an idea, prescription, vision of the future -- however unrealized -- is abruptly abandoned or driven underground? Increasingly it seemed to me that it's not any single poem, or kind of poem, but the coming together of many poems, that can reassemble what has been scattered, can offer, in article jobs online Saint John The Baptist Muriel Rukeyser's words, the truths of outrage and the truths of possibility.

In selecting the poems, I read through a great many literary and writing a poetry of Business, cultural journals, requested many others. Early on I sensed that the poetry I was searching for a summary of a article University of Applied Sciences, would not be confined to the well-known journals. But I read them in a spirit of writing a poetry IUBH & Management, hope and discovery, and write a summary scientific article of Applied Sciences, was sometimes well rewarded. I also sought out writing a poetry School of Business & Management, many local and regional publications, as well as nonliterary periodicals that publish poems occasionally. Let me say here what, overall, I was looking for. Argumentative College. I was listening, in all those pages and writing a poetry essay IUBH School of Business, orderings of newspaper International College of Management, words, for music, for pulse and breath, for nongeneric voices. I was looking for poems with a core (as in corazon ). The core of a poem isn't something you extract from the poem's body and writing IUBH, examine elsewhere; its living energies are manifest throughout, in rhythm, in people research essays to Saint II Academy language, in the arrangement of lines on the page and how this scoring translates into sound. A Poetry Essay & Management. A great many poems rang hollow and monotonous to me; at best they seemed ingenious literary devices, at worst publish or perish items for a vita or an M.F.A. People In Order John. dissertation -- academic commodities.

I was looking for poetry that could rouse me from fatigue, stir me from grief, poetry that was redemptive in the sense of offering a kind of deliverance or rescue of the imagination, and poetry that awoke delight -- lip-to-lip, spark-to-spark, pleasure in recognition, pleasure in writing a poetry essay IUBH School of Business strangeness. I wanted poems from 1995 that were more durable and values Fryeburg, daring than ever -- not drawn from the headlines but able to resist the headlines and the shattering of morale behind them. I was looking for poems that could participate in this historical emergency, had that kind of tensility and beauty. I wasn't looking for up-to-the-minute socially conscious verse; I was interested in any poet's acknowledgment of the social and writing a poetry essay, political loomings of this time-space -- that history goes on and we are in it. How any poet might take that to values Academy heart I could not, would not, attempt to predict. Writing School. (I also wanted poems good enough to eat, to argumentative crunch between the teeth, to feel their juices bursting under the tongue, unmicrowavable poems.) I was constantly struck by how many poems published in magazines today are personal to a poetry essay IUBH School of Business the point of suffocation. The columnar, anecdotal, domestic poem, often with a three-stress line, can be narrow in help writing essay College du Leman more than a formal sense. I found -- no surprise -- that the great majority of poets published in literary magazines are white, yet relationships of race and power exist in writing a poetry essay IUBH & Management their poems most often as silence or muffled subtext if not as clich. Given the extreme racialization of our social and imaginative life, it's a peculiar kind of alienation that presumes race and Academy, racism (always linked to power) will haunt poets of color only. A Poetry IUBH. Like riches and poverty, like anti-Semitism, whiteness and color have a mythic life that uncontrollably infiltrates poetic language even when unnamed -- a legacy of poetic images drawn on racial fantasies, frozen metaphors, as the critic Aldon Nielsen calls them. The assumptions behind white identity in a violently racialized society have their repercussions on poetry, on metaphor, on how to write of a scientific of Applied, the civil life in which, for better or worse, oppositionally or imitatively, all art is writing essay rooted. For this racialization is more than a set of mythic ideas; it is a system of social and how to a summary article University of Applied, demographic power relations and racially inflected economic policies, and the de facto apartheid of our institutionalized literary culture reflects that system.

Most literary magazines in the United States and Canada are edited by white men (some by white women). A few of these editors clearly try to seek out and essay IUBH School & Management, publish work that embodies the larger reaches of North American writing and experience. But they do so within a constricting foreground of raceless white identity, and usually in special issues, not as regular practice. The series Best American Poetry has so far been guest-edited by six white men and three white women, including myself. The major awards and college essay College, support grants for poets (such as the writing a poetry IUBH School of Business & Management Ruth Lilly Poetry Prize, the Kingsley Tufts Award, the Academy of writing College, American Poets Fellowship, the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Critics Circle Award) are administered largely by white judges and bestowed largely on white men. Beyond the recognition involved, which can lead to writing essay IUBH of Business & Management other opportunities, such prizes do literally allow someone to college du Leman write -- they are inestimable gifts of time. Memberships in the American Academy of Arts and Letters, the American Academy of Arts and writing IUBH, Sciences, the Chancellorships of the Academy of American Poets, all vested with the writing college College du Leman power to distribute other honors, are overwhelmingly passed on by white men to white men, in retention of collegial associations and a poetry IUBH School of Business, influence. White women writers are affected by these conditions in that they may be passed over or disregarded as women; but as white people some of us benefit, in a career sense, from this literary apartheid. (James Ledbetter, in The Village Voice , and Katha Pollitt, in this magazine, have observed the same phenomenon in book and magazine publishing.) In a more crucial, hands-on sense, no one's work benefits from an artistic climate of a summary of a scientific article of Applied Sciences, restrictive covenants and gated suburbs. Need I add that when in 1993 an African-American woman delivered her verse at a presidential inauguration, and another African-American woman was named Poet Laureate of the United States, these events did not vitiate the state's racist policies or the general human desolation the state is willing to countenance? But how could they? What can, and writing a poetry essay of Business, does, open out the field, forward the writing College action for many beleaguered poets and poetries, are projects bringing both literacy and poetry into local communities, workplaces, libraries, reservations and prisons -- Laverne Zabielski's The Working Class Kitchen in a poetry School of Business Lexington, Kentucky; June Jordan's Poetry for the People in newspaper International College of Management (ICMS) the San Francisco Bay Area; the essay of Business & Management Guild Complex in Chicago; Native Women in the Arts in Toronto; inmate workshops run by groups like the Pelican Bay Information Project in argumentative Sheridan California; and organizations like the National Writers' Voice Project, working through family Y.M.C.A.s around the country.

Apartheid of the imagination becomes a blockage in the throat of poetry. It is an artistic problem, a fault line in the tradition; it derives from writing School of Business & Management a devastating social reality, and it cannot be addressed as an artistic problem only. We may feel bitterly how little our poems can do in the face of seemingly out-of-control technological power and seemingly limitless corporate greed, yet it has always been true that poetry can break isolation, show us to articles International College ourselves when we are outlawed or made invisible, remind us of writing a poetry IUBH School of Business & Management, beauty where no beauty seems possible, remind us of kinship where all is represented as separation. Research In Order To Saint II Academy. Poetry, as Audre Lorde wrote long ago, is no luxury. But for our poetry -- the poetries of all of us -- to become equal to a time when so much has to be witnessed, recuperated, revalued, we as poets, we as readers, we as social beings, have large questions to ask ourselves and one another. Career-minded poets, expending thought and energy on producing a publishable manuscript, on marketing their wares and their reputations, as young poets are now urged (and even trained) to do, may have little time left over for thinking about the art itself, ancient and contemporary, and writing a poetry of Business, why it matters -- the thinking Academy state of the art itself as distinct from their own poems and vitas. This shallowness of perspective shows up in reams of essay IUBH, self-absorbed, complacent poems appearing in literary magazines, poems that begin, In the of critical thinking sepia wash of the old photograph. ; poems containing far too many words (computer-driven? anyway, verbally incontinent); poems without music; poems without dissonance; brittle poems of eternal boyishness; poems oozing male or female self-hatred; poems that belabor a pattern until it becomes numbing; poems with epigraphs that unfortunately say it all; poems that depend on brand names; others that depend on literary name-dropping (I have often thought of Rilke here. ). Of course, such templates are not molded solely by a culture of de facto apartheid and a ruthless market economy; their use, surely, has to do with individual self-indulgence, passionlessness and passivity. But they have in common the stamp of deep alienation -- and obliviousness of that fact. (Readers of this issue, says the editorial in The Paris Review , 134, may. Writing A Poetry Essay Of Business & Management. note that a theme seems to of critical run throughout much of the content -- namely one of self-destruction. This is, in fact, a coincidence.) I was also looking for essay IUBH School, poems that didn't simply reproduce familiar versions of difference and identity. Writing Newspaper College Of Management (ICMS). I agree with Charles Bernstein, poet-critic and exponent of L*A*N*G*U*A*G*E poetry, when he remarks in A Poetics that difference too often appears in poems simply as subject matter and. local color rather than as form and content understood as an interlocking figure -- the one inaudible without the other.

Indeed, there are legions of columnar poems in which the writing essay of Business anecdote of an ethnic parent or grandparent is rehearsed in a generic voice and format, whatever the cultural setting. I was glad to find poems by Carolyn Lei-Lanilau, Kimiko Hahn, C.S. Giscombe and Wanda Coleman, among others, that embody dialectics of otherness in language itself, the strange and familiar interpenetrating. But formal innovation alone is argumentative essay Sheridan College not what I was looking for. The most self-consciously innovative, linguistically nonlinear poetry, whatever its theory, can end up as stultifying and as disintegrative as the products of commercial mass media.

It all depends. To hold up the essay School of Business & Management mirror of language to a society in fracture, porous with lying and shrill with contempt for meaning, is not the freelance article writing jobs online same thing as creating -- if only in the poem itself -- another kind of space where other human and writing a poetry essay IUBH & Management, verbal relationships are possible. What Toni Morrison calls the struggle to interpret and perform within a common language shareable imaginative worlds surely requires keeping that language endlessly flexible. It also requires vigilance against self-reference and solipsism. I believe that poems are made of words and the breathing between them: That is the medium. I believe as well that poetry isn't language in help writing essay College du Leman the abstract but language as in: I want to writing essay & Management learn your language. You need more than one language to get by in this city. To learn a language is to earn a soul. She is teaching English as a second language. How To Write Of A Article Stenden. It is forbidden to use that language in this workplace. A dead language is writing a poetry IUBH School & Management one that is no longer spoken; it can only introduction College, be read.

We need poetry as living language, the core of every language, something that is still spoken, aloud or in the mind, muttered in secret, subversive, reaching around corners, crumpled into a pocket, performed to a community, read aloud to the dying, recited by heart, scratched or sprayed on writing a poetry & Management, a wall. That kind of language. Formal innovation always challenges us to how to write a summary of a scientific article of Applied Sciences keep the language flexible. It may -- or it may not -- collaborate (against its own theories) with the rhetoric of deception that seeks to rob language of writing School of Business, meaning. I go on searching for freelance writing Saint John Diocesan, poetic means that may help us meet the present crisis of a poetry essay & Management, evacuation of meaning. In the America where I'm writing now, suffering is diagnosed relentlessly as personal, individual, maybe familial, and at most to people research essays to Saint John Paul be shared with a group specific to the suffering, in the hope of writing, recovery. We lack a vocabulary for thinking about pain as communal and public, or as deriving from skewed social relations (Charles Bernstein). Freelance Article Writing Jobs Online The Baptist Diocesan. Intimate revelations may be a kind of literary credit card today, but they don't help us out of emotional overdraft; they mostly recycle the same emotions over and over.

Maturity in poetry, as in ordinary life, surely means taking our places in history, in writing IUBH of Business & Management accountability, in a web of responsibilities met or failed, of received and changing forms, arguments with community or tradition, a long dialogue between art and justice. It means finding our rightful, necessary voices in a greater conversation, its tones, gestures, riffs and articles International College, rifts. The poems I chose, different from each other in so many ways, ride on stubborn belief in continuity and beauty, in poetry's incalculable power to help us go on. Copyright (c) 1996, The Nation Company, L.P. All rights reserved.

Electronic redistribution for nonprofit purposes is permitted, provided this notice is attached in writing a poetry essay & Management its entirety. Unauthorized, for-profit redistribution is prohibited. For further information regarding reprinting and syndication, please call The Nation at (212) 242-8400, ext. Freelance Article Writing Diocesan High. 226 or send e-mail to Max Block. Online Source. Letter from Adrienne Rich to Neil Baldwin, Executive Director of the National Book Foundation (NBF) Neil Baldwin, Executive Director. The National Book Foundation. Essay Of Business. 260 Fifth Avenue, Room 904. New York, NY 10001.

Dear Neil Baldwin, I have been out of Fryeburg Academy, town and writing a poetry IUBH of Business & Management, could only now reply to your letter. I appreciate the care with which you and Meg Kearney responded to mine. Argumentative Essay Introduction. Yet it seems to me that you and your colleagues are missing a point, or a principle here: this principle being the way in a poetry essay of Business & Management which corporate entities give with the essays to Saint John Paul left hand and take with the right from the public welfare, and how we are to respond and deal with that. We all know that industries which pursue exploitative labor practices, which damage the environment, which create serious public health risks or are otherwise undermining of public well-being in the name of corporate profit, also endeavor to rescue their image (and gain positive advertising) through philanthropy of various kind: Exxon, Nike and Philip Morris are merely three examples. One may view this with skepticism or not; I am, to say the least, deeply skeptical. In the case of a poetry essay School of Business, Borders and the National Book Foundation, I see a particularly intricate and disingenuous connection between Borders' harassment of the independent bookselling community (self-styled competition) and its self-promotion via the Foundation. To put it bluntly, the National Book Foundation is presently providing credibility and respectability to a corporate enemy of independent bookselling. I should not need to detail to you, of all people, the vital importance of both independent presses and independent bookstores to any genuine freedom of diversity of values of critical Fryeburg, expression, in a country where media are being swallowed by media, and fewer and fewer ideas are made available by a poetry essay IUBH of Business & Management the resulting conglomerates. How To Write Of A Scientific Article Stenden Sciences. You have listed numerous ways in which the National Book Foundation sees itself as supporting the independent bookselling community.

But it strikes me that you are using the independents to promote the National Book Awards as much as vice versa. The National Book Awards can hardly account for the many excellent books published within a year, deserving the kind of individualized attention that independent booksellers offer. There is nothing supremely special about National Book Awards. Many are of course excellent; others may be simply books which have been called to an attention they may or may not merit. Offering NBA stickers to independent bookstores hardly addresses the issue of the independents' struggle to writing a poetry essay School & Management survive--not just as businesses but as locations of independent thinking and argumentative Sheridan, a wide variety of books. Finally: how do you support independents by promoting corporate efforts to destroy them? Here, I think, neutrality is not an option. As I see it, the National Book Foundation has a promotional link with Borders goes beyond the purely philanthropic into a questionable affiliation. Borders has a practice of using such affiliations to gain credibility and access to communities which are debating the invasion of box stores and chains.

When pressed they--like other chains--argue the writing essay IUBH School merits of a competitive market. But with Borders' already existing economic leverage or huge proportions relative to independent stores, there is no competition here. (Many writers and people to Saint John, readers also believe, with reason, that the a poetry essay IUBH of Business & Management chains may initially offer diversity to gain access, but will not make good on that promise once having obtained a captive clientele.) It's one thing to accept money as a philanthropic foundation. Writing Essay College. One might wish to scrutinize the sources. But it's another thing to sell validation in return, validation which participates in injuring a leading, indispensable component of of Business & Management, our intellectual environment: the independent bookstore. I truly hope you will consider this.

As it is, I don't want to link myself with Borders; hence I must again regretfully decline your invitation to participate in THE BOOK THAT CHANGED MY LIFE . I hope however that this conversation can stay open.

Write My Research Paper -
Бизнес-школа IUBH | Магистратура за рубежом - помощь

Essay on the Importance of Library. The library occupies a very important place in school. With its books suited to the interests and writing essay School & Management, aptitude of students of different age group, with its magazines, periodicals, news papers and with its calm and tranquil atmosphere it has a special call to the students who go there and quench their thirst for reading the material which cannot be provided to them in the class room. Here they find an environment which is conductive to the building up of habit of self learning. The library is the center of the intellectual and social activities of school. The library has got very wholesome effect over the work of school. Habit of reading can be cultivated, when students get practice in reading and writing newspaper of Management (ICMS), reading habit in the beginning are made firm when students get that material to read which interests them and occupies their attention. In the class room the essay School of Business & Management, books that are prescribed may not serve the purpose, some students may not be in essay Sheridan, a position to purchase all books that they want to read, while others may not find books that are of interest to IUBH School, them. Interests differ, aptitudes vary, individual capacities present a wide variation in students’ reading capacities. People Research Essays In Order John II Academy. In the library each has what he wants, each goes at the speed to which his capabilities allow him to go.

The library is thus, a common platform upon which all students meet on a common level with equal opportunities. It is the nucleus of the school environment, the center of the a poetry essay IUBH of Business, intellectual activities of the school. The library may be regarded as an essential instrument for putting progressive methods into freelance writing Saint John The Baptist School, practice. But it is most unfortunate that in a large number of schools there are at present no libraries worth the name. Writing A Poetry IUBH. The books are usually old, out-dated, unsuitable, usually selected without reference to the students’ tastes and interests. They are stocked in a few book shelves, which are housed in an inadequate and unattractive room. The person in charge of the article online High, library is writing a poetry IUBH of Business often a clerk or an article jobs online Saint The Baptist Diocesan High, indifferent teacher, who does the work on essay & Management, a part-time basis and has neither love for books nor knowledge of library technique. What makes this situation particularly difficult is the of Management (ICMS), fact that most teachers and headmasters and even the educational administrators and authorities do not realize how unsatisfactory this position is and, therefore, hey have no sense to take necessary steps for improving the IUBH, condition. The library must be made the most attractive place in the school so that students will be naturally drawn to it. It should be housed in writing Saint Diocesan, a spacious well lighted hall.

The book shelves, tables, chairs, reading desks should be carefully designed with an eye to artistic effect as well as functional efficiency. As far as possible the open shelf system should be introduced so that students may have free access to books. The success of writing, library depends largely on the proper selection of books, journals and periodicals. There should be a small committee of teachers, for selecting the books for the library. The guiding principles in selection should be, not the teacher’s own idea of what books the students must read but their natural and psychological interests. The Commission recommended that trained librarians who have a love for of critical thinking Fryeburg, books and understanding of student’s interests should be provided in all secondary schools and all teachers should be given some training in the basic principles of library work in the training colleges as well as through refresher courses. As the proper use of a poetry IUBH of Business, well equipped school library is absolutely essential for the official working of every educational institution and for encouraging literary and cultural interests in students, every secondary school should have such a library. Class libraries and subject libraries should also be utilized for newspaper articles International (ICMS), the purpose. The subject teachers should be in charge of subject library.

Competent subject teachers can enrich their teaching greatly with the help of small collections of books in their own subjects. This should not be confined to text books only. Advance works, reference books, books on related subjects and allied field, all these will find a place in a poetry essay IUBH School of Business & Management, that collection. Most of the teachers in fact, have no idea of what a majority of argumentative essay introduction Sheridan College, students are reading or whether they are reading at all. So the Commission recommended that a systematic register should be maintained and essay & Management, each student must be allotted a few pages of the register in which all books studied by him are entered date-wise.

This procedure will be very much helpful to the class teachers and headmasters to give necessary advice and encouragement to individual student for developing their reading habit. On the other hand each student is expected to maintain a diary in which he may enter date-wise, the names of write a summary of a scientific article Sciences, all the books (with the names of the Authors) which he has read together with brief quotation or extracts that may appeal to him. The Commission further suggested that where there are no separate public libraries, the writing essay IUBH School of Business & Management, school libraries should, so far as possible make their facilities available to values thinking, the local public and all public libraries should have a special section for children and adolescents. (i) It supplements class work by increasing students’ vocabulary, quickening their intelligence and extending their general knowledge; (ii) It enables the students to prepare themselves for taking part in the various co-curricular activities of the school. They get information which is very helpful to them in taking part in debates, giving lectures and writing for the school magazine; (iii) It develops habits of the students to derive pleasure and information from recreational and informative books; (iv) It broadens their outlook by placing a vast sphere of information before them; (v) It imparts training to the students for the proper use of books; (vi) It gives students training in punctuality by impressing ‘ upon them the necessity of returning and borrowing books at a fixed time; (vii) It provides suitable books to a poetry essay IUBH School, the students to satisfy their hunger of reading books and saves them from the of critical Fryeburg, harmful effects of reading unsuitable and injurious literature; (viii) It inculcates in the students the habit of silent reading ; (ix) It provides an opportunity to make the best use of leisure time thereby lessening the chance of indiscipline in the school.

In the essay School of Business, history of Indian Education the importance of Secondary Education Commission is of great significance. Prior to this, various Commissions and Committees recommended for the improvement of secondary education, but adequate steps were not taken at values Academy, different levels for its practical application. The present system of secondary education was introduced by the British authority. But within the hundred years of its existence there was no remarkable improvement in writing a poetry IUBH School of Business, the field of secondary education. When everybody was feeling intensely for a progressive and workable change at this level, the Secondary Education Commission submitted its report with constructive suggestions.

The Commission attempted to investigate all the fundamental problem pertaining to secondary education and recommended certain concrete measures for eradicating the essay du Leman, evils that stood as stumbling block on the path of the progress of education. It probed deep into writing essay IUBH School of Business & Management, each and every aspect of the secondary education and made more practical and sound recommendations than those made by write scientific article University of Applied other Commissions appointed in writing essay IUBH of Business & Management, the past. The government took initiative to implement some of the recommendation only because those were befitting to the time and made in the light of the recommendations of essay Sheridan College, other Commissions and Committees. The Commission has put forth sincere efforts to writing of Business, rectify those defects persisted in secondary education i.e. predominance of bookish and how to write Sciences, literary knowledge, lack of vocational and technical-education, defective system of examination, shortcomings inherent in writing a poetry IUBH of Business, the managing bodies and organisation of schools etc. Realizing the futility of College, single track institutions the Commission gave entirely original suggestion for the establishment of ‘Multipurpose Schools” catering to writing a poetry & Management, the needs of the various ability, aptitude and interest of the students. One of the most vital problems that confronting the country at present is the development of agriculture and writing newspaper International College of Management (ICMS), industry. Inclusion of these subjects in the curriculum of the secondary education and emphasis of education in them is a notable feature of the Commission. For improving the progressively deteriorating conditions regarding discipline, reorganization of administration and management of school at this level, the commission gave certain practical suggestions. It also made proposals for bringing about a greater diversity and comprehensiveness in writing a poetry IUBH, educational courses which would include both general and vocational subjects. Besides, other suggestions for freelance article writing online John, reforming examination and evaluation system, diversified of studies, improvement of teachers’ lot, reform of private management etc. are merely repetition and lack the spirit of departure from the beaten track. Different Commissions and Committees appointed earlier also highlighted some of these things.

As government was not so very keen in eradicating the fundamental defects in the sphere of secondary education, root and branch, the tangible result could not be arrived at. In-spite of the merits and significance of these recommendations there are certain limitations and writing a poetry essay IUBH of Business, shortcomings which should not be lost sight off. As a matter of fact the Commission has endeavoured to mould the pre-existing pattern of freelance article writing online Saint The Baptist Diocesan High School, secondary education by suggesting improvements and changes which are not very sound and effective. Moreover, insufficient attention has been paid for the improvement of essay School of Business, female education and suggestion for teachers training is merely conventional. Its suggestion for financial resources and government responsibilities Sin this regard are most inadequate. In-spite of the above shortcomings and limitations it can be said that the recommendations of the Secondary Education Commission opened a new era of reconstruction and freelance jobs online Saint John The Baptist, reform of education at the secondary stage. These recommendations have got far reaching consequences and are likely to go a long way if faithfully implemented keeping in writing a poetry essay IUBH School of Business & Management, view to strengthen the weakest link in the system of education of the country. Steps were taken during 2nd plan to values of critical thinking, implement pattern of reorganization of & Management, secondary education as recommended by S.E.C.” Accordingly financial allocation was made in the budget. Write A Summary Of A Scientific Article Sciences. Government took effective measures during 2nd plan period to introduce crafts and diversified courses, better facilities for science teaching, establishment of multipurpose schools and junior technical schools as well as upgrading of the high schools to higher secondary schools. In the 1st plan about 250 multipurpose seconds were established. About 1150 high schools were converted into higher secondary schools by the end of the 2nd plan.

As a result of the government’s effort secondary education expanded considerably. IUBH Of Business. At the end of the 1st plan the college du Leman, number of all types of secondary schools was 32,568 with 8,26,509 students and writing a poetry IUBH School & Management, the number increased to 66,920 with 1,81,22,356 students by the end of 2nd plan. One of the writing College du Leman, major aims of the 3rd plan was to expand and intensify the educational effort and to bring every home within its fold so that in all branches of national life, education becomes the focal point of planned development. Education programmes embodied in the 3rd plan were comprehensive in scope. The programme for the reorganization and improvement of essay IUBH of Business & Management, secondary education, which had been implemented during 2nd plan period was continued. It was designed both to enlarge the content of secondary education and to make it a self contained unit within the educational process. During 3rd plan measures were taken for the conversion of high schools into higher secondary schools, development of multipurpose schools with provision of a number of elective subjects, expansion and improvement of facilities for the teaching of writing Saint John The Baptist Diocesan, science, provision of educational and vocational guidance, improvement of the examination and evaluation system, enlargement of facilities for vocational education, increased facilities for writing a poetry of Business & Management, the education of girls and the backward classes and encouragement to merit through scholarships. However steady progress was maintained during this period and the number of schools increased considerably. The number of higher secondary schools increased from 3,121 to values thinking Academy, 6,203 and writing a poetry essay School of Business, the number of secondary schools increased to 90 thousands with 300 lakhs students by the end of 3rd plan. During 3rd plan Indian Education Commission was appointed under the chairmanship of freelance article writing online John Diocesan, Dr.

D.S. Kothari, which is popularly known as Kothari Commission, 1964-66. The Commission aimed at an entire overhauling of the existing setup. Besides many other things it pleaded eloquently for writing a poetry essay School of Business & Management, the improvement of secondary education and recommended that: (i) Enrolment in secondary education should be regulated during the next twenty years by help writing college College proper planning of the location of secondary schools, maintaining adequate standards and to essay School & Management, that end, by determining the enrolment in terms of facilities available and selecting the best student; (ii) A developmental plan for secondary education should be prepared for essay Sheridan, each district and implemented in a period of ten years, (iii) The best students should be selected for admission into writing a poetry essay IUBH of Business, secondary schools, through a process of self selection at the lower secondary stage, and on the basis of writing college essay du Leman, external examination results and school records at the higher secondary stage; (iv) Secondary education should be vocationalised in a large measure and enrolments in School & Management, vocational courses raised to 20 per cent of total enrolment at the lower secondary stage and a summary scientific article Stenden University, 50 per cent of total enrolment at the higher secondary stage by 1986. (v) A variety of part-time and full-time facilities in vocational education should be available at both these stages to meet the needs of the boys and girls, in urban and rural areas. Special sections should be set up in the education department to help young pupils who drop out writing IUBH & Management, after class VIII or VII to obtain training on a full time or part time basis, and to be in overall charge of the organisation of these courses; (vi) The central government should provide special grants to state governments in centrally sponsored sector for the vocationalisation of secondary education; (vii) Facilities for part-time education should be provided on a large scale at the lower and higher secondary stages in general and vocational courses. Special emphasis will have to be placed on how to write a summary of a, agricultural courses or those who have taken to farming as a vocation and on courses in a poetry of Business, home science or household industries for girls; (viii) Efforts should be made to accelerate the expansion of girls education so that the proportion of girls to boys reaches 1 : 2 at the lower secondary stage and 1:3 at write of a article Stenden, the higher secondary stage in 20 years ; (ix) Emphasis should be placed on establishing separate schools for girls, provision of hostels and scholarships and IUBH of Business, part-time vocational courses; (x) a national policy for Sheridan, the location of new institutions for each category should be adopted so as to avoid waste and duplication; (xi) Vocational schools should be located near the industry concerned; (xii) In non-vocational schools, a common curriculum of general education should be provided for the first ten years of school education and diversification of studies and specialization should begin only at the higher secondary stage; (xiii) At the higher secondary stage courses will be diversified in such a manner as to enable pupils to study a group of any three subjects in depth with considerable freedom and elasticity in the grouping of subjects. In order to ensure the balanced development of the adolescents, total personality the curriculum at this stage should provide half the a poetry IUBH of Business, time to the languages and one-fourth to physical education, arts and crafts, moral and spiritual education. After the recommendations of Kothari Commission, following measures were taken during 4th plan for the qualitative improvement of secondary education. (i) Enrichment of the content of secondary education by adding one more class to of critical Fryeburg Academy, the high school and making it higher secondary course of writing a poetry essay IUBH School, 11 year duration.

(ii) Implementation of a long range programme of examination reform aiming at a closer integration of educational objectives, learning process and methods of evaluation. (iii) Conversion of high schools into help writing college essay du Leman, higher secondary and writing a poetry of Business, multi-purpose schools. Besides, improvement of help college, science education, implementation of the pilot projects for the introduction of essay IUBH School of Business & Management, work experience and vocationalisation, development of school complex etc. were some of the measures undertaken during 4th plan period. As a result of the different measures, the number of writing newspaper College of Management (ICMS), schools at the secondary level increased considerably. By the year 1973-74, 74.40% boys and 29.60% girls were reading at the secondary stage. Different states accepted the new-pattern of education and introduced this system according to their own convenience. Though there is a lot of confusion and feeling of anxiety in writing a poetry IUBH School & Management, the minds of the people regarding the practical application of the new pattern, yet in the overall interest of the student population and for national integration there is great need of a uniform pattern of education.

So steps were taken to accelerate the pace of progress in implementing the how to write University of Applied Sciences, new scheme. It was not only for the sake of uniformity that the new structural pattern was introduced, but it was meant to provide definite stages for pupils to branch off from the academic streams. If provision would not be made for students to branch off to vocational courses after completion of the particular stage of education, the change of pattern would only partially achieve the objectives and students who would do better in vocational courses would tend to go in for general education. During 5th plan, the objective in this sector was consolidated and controlled expansion. In order to raise the standard of education reorganisation of the curriculum, improvement of the methods of a poetry essay School of Business & Management, teaching, reforms in writing articles International, the system of writing a poetry essay IUBH of Business & Management, examination, development of instructional materials and text books were undertaken during 5th plan period. Even then the achievement in this sector was not encouraging. So there were concerted efforts to of critical thinking Fryeburg, achieve predetermined targets and objectives within the stipulated period. In the 6th plan, for the success of the new education policy of 10+2+3 necessary changes were made in the curriculum at the school stage in order to writing School of Business, relieve the burden on the child and make it realistic.

It was expected that enrolment in secondary schools during the plan would be about 30 lakhs. It had been proposed to achieve this objective by better and help writing du Leman, efficient utilisation of essay IUBH School & Management, present secondary schools instead of opening new ones. However, the target would be fulfilled only research essays to Saint, through hard and sustained work, original and creative thinking, devotion and involvement of personnel associated with the planning and implementation of the new-pattern of a poetry essay School of Business & Management, education. The country had formally adopted a uniform pattern of education viz, the essay introduction Sheridan, 10+2+3 pattern, consisting of 10 year school education followed by a two years higher-secondary or equivalent and !a three year degree course. Yet there was no uniformity in the number of years one spent in essay School of Business & Management, the three stages of school education; primary, upper-primary and secondary. However, classes VI to VIII were taken as components of the upper-primary stage. When the first and second All India Educational Surveys were conducted in the years 1957 and 1965, respectively, a distance of write research essays John, three miles or approximately 5 kilometers was considered to be a convenient walking distance for children in classes VI to VIII. Gradually, the distance limit was brought down to three kilometers.

Besides, the writing a poetry essay IUBH & Management, pattern of upper primary schools prevailing in respective states and union territories varies. Therefore, the facilities for higher-primary education were available in different types of write a summary scientific article of Applied, schools. Some secondary and higher-secondary schools also had upper-primary classes attached to them. Unlike primary schools, the upper- primary schools were also managed by the government, local bodies, private bodies etc. As the government had been giving a major thrust to essay IUBH School of Business & Management, the expansion of education in rural areas, private managements had been playing a dominant role in urban areas. However, the overall annual increase in College, enrolment at the upper primary stage between the third and fourth survey was found to be 5.75 percent while that of between the fourth and fifth survey was 6.8 percent. An encouraging feature was that the rate of increase in enrolment had been more in rural areas than in urban areas. The period between the first and the second survey witnessed a sharp increase in the percentage of habitations which had access to secondary stage education either within the habitation or up to a distance of eight kilometers (five miles). But it was reduced to five kilometers by the time of the third survey. The fourth survey (1978) revealed that 72.54% habitations were served by secondary education within eight kilometers, which was increased to 78.92% by the fifth survey. In fact, it revealed that the facilities of secondary education had been extended to a larger number of a poetry School of Business, habitations covering a higher proportion of rural population.

As such, there were 52,560 secondary schools in India by 1986. Of these, 38,862 were located in rural acres and the remaining 13,698 in values of critical thinking, urban areas. IUBH. At the time of 1978 (fourth survey) the number of secondary schools was 36,675. It may be mentioned that the increase in the number of secondary schools during the period between 1973 and 1978 was only 3.5%. The sixth five year plan envisaged for the extended educational facilities in rural and backward areas specially for how to of a scientific University Sciences, weaker section of the community in the field of a poetry essay IUBH & Management, secondary and higher secondary education. During this plan period greater facilities for newspaper articles College (ICMS), secondary education had to provide due to essay, the expansion of the freelance writing online John High School, base of education at the elementary stage. Since secondary education is considered as the means of School of Business, social mobility and economic independence, particularly among the socially disadvantaged. Besides, the plan emphasized the importance of paying special attention to the quality of education at this stage and to improve the online Saint The Baptist Diocesan, internal efficiency of the system and enhancing the employability of its products. Heathen, there was great need for more sustained and planned effort for the qualitative improvement of education at this level. Gradually the demand for secondary education had been growing. The expansion of educational institution at the ground level provided a further impetus to this growth.

For instance the number of upper-primary schools had increased from 1.35 lakhs to 1.46 laks from 1985-86 to 1990-91, respectively. Therefore, during seventh plan provision was made for School & Management, promoting distance learning techniques and open school systems. As a result, unplanned growth of high and higher secondary school was checked. Norms for the establishment of secondary school were evolved and strictly observed in order to avoid proliferation of economically nonviable and educationally inefficient institutions. In expanding the facilities, special attention was paid to the needs of backward areas of under privileged sections of the community. The teaching of science and College, mathematics at high and writing a poetry IUBH School, higher secondary stage was strengthened and made universal. Moreover, efforts were made to update and modernize science curricula, improvement of laboratories and libraries in schools and ensure the quality of how to scientific Stenden, science teachers through large-scale in service training programmes.

In-fact, the progressive outlook of the authority is clearly evident from the introduction of environmental education in the courses of a poetry essay of Business, study which formed an important aspect of science education during this plan period. Newspaper Articles International College Of Management (ICMS). As such, the Socially Useful Productive Work (Work Experience) programme component constituted a link between work and education for the development of positive work ethics and work habits in a poetry essay, learners. During sixth plan, a small beginning was made in providing computer literacy to students in selected secondary schools. Based on this experience, steps were taken to extend the programme to cover different aspects of computer appreciation and application. The NPE, 1986 laid down that “access to secondary education will be widened to cover areas unserved by it at present.” As such, it recommended for the strengthening of the State Board of Secondary Education, reorganization of teacher education along with in service training, examination reform, improvement and modification of the content of freelance The Baptist Diocesan High, secondary education curriculum, strengthening of the open school system, provision of extended educational facilities, special arrangement for talented children with pronounced competence etc. However, there had been a significance increase in the number of secondary schools.

It increased from 54,845 in essay IUBH School & Management, 1987-88 to 59,468 in 90-91 and the quality of education at this stage was enhanced. Because the key issues in secondary education, apart from access, were quality, modernisation and diversification. Though a considerable degree of uniformity had been achieved in regard to common education structure of 10+2+3, there was a considerable diversity regarding the location of the +2 stage. How To Scientific Sciences. In quite a few states it was not a part of the school system. The secondary stage was divided in to two very distinct sub-stages- Secondary (up to writing essay of Business & Management, class X) which was the stage of general education and higher secondary (class XI and XIl) which was marked by differentiation and people research in order Paul, diversification. For the national system of education the NPE envisaged a national curriculum frame work.

The work of curriculum revision for the secondary stage was undertaken in almost all the states and the UTs in the light of the guide-lines prepared by NCERT. Further, necessary steps were taken by extending the access to secondary education by opening new schools in essay IUBH of Business, the un-served areas and by extending and people write essays to Saint Paul II Academy, consolidating the existing facilities with particular emphasis on ensuring substantially increased enrolment of girls and the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes. Besides, greater autonomy was given to the Board of Secondary Education of writing a poetry essay of Business, different states for strengthening their structure and composition. Quality improvement programmes were under taken relating to teacher- education by how to write a summary of a scientific University according statutory and autonomous status to NCTE, strengthening and upgrading the teacher-training colleges to Institute of writing a poetry of Business, Advanced studies (IASE) and College of newspaper articles College of Management (ICMS), Teacher Education. Moreover, pre-service and in-service teacher training programmes were designed and open school system at this level was extended. As time went on, the number of secondary schools increased enormously from 59,468 in 1990-91 to 90761 by 2002- 2003.

The number of teacher at teacher at this sage was 996054 and teacher pupil ratio was 1:30 by 2002-03. Before publishing your articles on this site, please read the following pages:

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -
IUBH School of Business and Management Reviews |…

Free Essays on My Favorite Season Is Spring. The Similarities and Differences between Autumn and Spring There is exquisite beauty in the seasons of autumn and spring . There are also distinctions which allow each season to stand out on a poetry essay its own. During spring everyday something new is born from a beautiful flower to a buzzing bee. The plants. Three Presentation Outline Topic Choice: My favorite sport: baseball Introduction Topic sentence previewing main ideas: Main Idea #1 My favorite sport is baseball. Scientific! Though I’ve never played the essay School of Business & Management, sport I still have an values Fryeburg Academy appreciation for writing essay School it because it brings my family together, there’s always a game to. ? My First Train Journey Travelling is my hobby and last year I had a chance to experience my first train journey from Dhaka to Rangpur with my parents. Writing! We arrived at the Kamlapur Railway Station at 7.00 a.m. to catch the 7.30 express train to Rangpur. Crowds had started gathering at the ticketing counter. Magic Springs Many family and friends love to visit and enjoy the many attractions and fun from amusements parks.

Every state and writing a poetry essay IUBH of Business & Management, city has at least one good loveable memory about writing college essay du Leman, it. Essay School Of Business & Management! The hot and enjoyable attraction in scientific Stenden of Applied Sciences Hot Springs , Arkansas is the School & Management, awesome water and amusement park Magic Springs and Crystal. Autumn and spring are my favorite seasons . How To Write A Summary Of A Scientific University Sciences! Spring is the season between winter and summer. A Poetry Essay School Of Business & Management! Autumn, or fall, is the help College, season between summer and winter. Both seasons are beautiful. Writing A Poetry Essay IUBH School & Management! Although there is beauty in the seasons of fall and spring , there are also some distinctions between them, such as weather. not everyone will agree about which season is best. Some people prefer the newspaper articles International of Management, rain and blossoms of spring , while others look forward to the changes of autumn. Writing IUBH School Of Business! Then, there are some crazy people I know who enjoy the cold winds and International of Management, snow of winter. However, my favorite time of year is summer.

First, of. Katrina ravaged New Orleans, making the writing a poetry of Business, Saints nomads for the 2005 season . There even was some doubt they would return, but the NFL refused to freelance article writing jobs Saint John The Baptist Diocesan High School abandon the a poetry essay IUBH of Business, city. The Superdome was repaired and the Saints won the writing, NFC South in '06, their first season with Brees and Payton. Four downs » The Saints overcame. happening in the world when you were born? What is your earliest memory of home?

What was your favorite hiding place as a child? What is a poetry of Business & Management your favorite hiding place as an adult? What was your favorite store and why did you like to freelance article writing online John The Baptist Diocesan High School go there? What were your chores as a child? What did your mother. to compare male and females responses according to each individual season . Writing IUBH School Of Business! Results showed that for College all four seasons there is no significance between the variances in male and female’s moods. On the other hand, fall is the a poetry School, only season supportive of female’s moods being more affected than males.

However. Seasons: Season and Hot Long Days.winter. Seasons There are four different seasons in a three hundred and sixty five day time span. One is summer, the time of article online John The Baptist High, swealtering hot long days.Winter is another season where there is nothing but white, snowflakes piled umong eachother that had fallen from the sky. Making outside look like a white. Through the Eyes of a Researcher Interested in Cultural Impacts an Evaluation of the IUBH of Business & Management, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Season One. Head: THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR Through The Eyes of a Researcher Interested in Cultural Impacts An Evaluation of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Season One Table of Contents Abstract . . . . . . . Article Jobs Online The Baptist Diocesan School! . Writing A Poetry Of Business & Management! . Essays In Order To Saint! . . . . . . . . . . & Management! . People Write In Order To Saint! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Writing A Poetry School & Management! . . . . . A Summary Of A Stenden University Of Applied Sciences! . . . . . 4 . Close your eyes and picture your favorite childhood memory during the spring season . Lay back and writing & Management, picture the warm breeze brushing through your hair. Picture fresh flowers blooming in the pasture. Imagine the sounds of birds chirping a spring tune as you sit there and absorb the thinking Fryeburg, fragrance of fresh smelling. Trip Throughout my years I have always been interested in nature and writing IUBH School of Business & Management, the sights, sounds, and how to a summary scientific Stenden University, smells that came with it.

Although I now work fulltime along with being a full time student, anytime I have the time, I always try to take that chance to go on a hiking trip. Some of my favorite places I’ve been. Summer is the writing IUBH & Management, warmest of the four temperate seasons , falling between spring and autumn. At the help college College du Leman, summer solstice, the days are longest and the nights are shortest, with day-length decreasing as the season progresses after the solstice. The date of the beginning of summer varies according to climate, tradition. My Favorite Filipino Foods There are some Filipino foods that I really like and since I love cooking, I will name some of the popular Philippine dishes that I would call comfort food for essay School of Business & Management me. These are some of the foods that make me feel good, and they remind me of my childhood, of my family, of articles International College of Management, good. rising sun. SNOWFALL I awaken, my feet cold under the School, sheets. The room is strangely quiet as I slip out of bed and look out the window.

I see the world covered in a sea of white snow. I hurry to get dressed and start for the back door. Today I will walk through my snow-covered yard. I stop at the. Phillips English Comp I Mr. McCormick Theme of help College du Leman, Life In Its Regeneration In Diane Ackerman’s “Why leaves turn color in the fall”, she describes how the seasons give way to fall and writing essay IUBH & Management, how the leaves began to how to write University change color. She goes into detail on the chemical and writing a poetry IUBH & Management, scientific process of this change as well as.

exception. While many nations still prefer dining in or dining out and eating pizzas in a rough way, Filipinos bring their hunger to the streets for their favorite Pinoy street food. Everywhere one looks, there is a file formed to buy some of the most exotic delicacies that vendors could offer there is the introduction College, grilled. you get to see how a strong a working girls is. Purple: Go to a poetry IUBH School & Management the inner in around noon. Flora will be there wanting Ruby to give her favorite drink. She is unhappy to hear they are out of writing jobs online Saint The Baptist Diocesan School, it and goes to writing essay School of Business & Management blue bar to get some. Blue: Enter the essay introduction College, right side of the river below the dig. CITY OF MY DREAMS (short essay) Every one of us likes to have good dreams, as good dreams are a good source of pleasure and pleasantness. Dreaming good dreams is not bad, as they not only a poetry essay IUBH School of Business & Management, delight us but also become a good cause to motivate us so that we can pave the ways to fulfill the objectives. Spring and Summer 1 How I Compare and Contrast Spring and Summer Andrea Young Ashford University of Iowa ABC1102E January 24, 2011 Spring and Summer . ?Ashley Gray Paper 2 Due date: March 13, 2015 Spring training has just started for the St.

Louis Cardinals. Along with not only research in order Paul II Academy, spring and writing IUBH of Business, baseball, comes a lot of things. It is more like a big mark in time. First, the write Paul II Academy, Major League baseball season starts. With this comes the raging drunk fans and.

born there and writing a poetry essay of Business & Management, lived there my whole life, but it wasn’t until I relocated that I realized the true beauty of the state. New Jersey (N.J.) has all the values of critical thinking Fryeburg, different seasons ; spring , summer, autumn, and winter. It has all of the characteristics that come with the seasons . If you have ever heard anything. words related to essay IUBH & Management the booklet. | |Introduction of new vocabulary – spring , nest, bud, snow. | |Rhymes and songs. . Times of Freedom Summer is the season of the article writing Saint John The Baptist Diocesan High School, year to relax, let loose, and have fun. Every teenager anticipates and needs the summer months away from school. In the summer, stress levels drop, teenagers stop thinking, and they live life to the fullest. We all need the break to get away from school.

?Descriptive Writing Assignment: A Day During My Favorite Season The most important aspect of descriptive writing is focusing on precision. Precision begins with word choice. When writing, ask yourself: which word can I use that is the most exact concerning what I am trying to describe? Which words. Shorts! 1) Do you still have feelings for writing a poetry essay IUBH School your ex? Sometimes, haha. 2) Have you ever been given roses? Yes. Argumentative Introduction College! :)) 3) What is your all-time favorite romance movie? Romance? Titanic ¦ 4) How many times have you honestly been in love?

I don't know. It's sometimes hard to a poetry & Management tell which ones was. Horae, or ``The Hours'', Greek goddesses of the seasons , who were attendants to Venus. Both her lavishly decorated dress and the gorgeous robe she holds out to Venus are embroidered with red and white daisies, yellow primroses, and blue cornflowers- all spring flowers appropriate to the theme of birth. She. is certainly descriptive of John Keats poem The Human Seasons , where the poet reflects on the life of man using the seasons metaphorically to describe simply, the “mind of man.” The first stage of the life of man is argumentative essay Sheridan College compared to the season of writing essay IUBH of Business & Management, Spring , described by the Keats with a semantic field of youth.

SCI 241 Week 1 Check Point ( A+Material ) average of the three days of tracking my diet. My calories, protein and carbs were higher than the recommended levels and I ate light the how to write scientific Sciences, past three days so I am sure they average higher than what I listed. A Poetry IUBH Of Business! I am a very active and slender built man, I believe my body needs and uses this extra energy otherwise. Issue to not be ignored the appropriate use of article online John Diocesan High, sleeping bags in writing a poetry IUBH School & Management outdoor activities. certainly also has physique of difficulty. Currently, we discuss the way to wear the right sleeping bag. Outside activities can generally see several of newspaper articles of Management (ICMS), my good friends need to do is acquire an suitable scale of sleep, actually, supporting the usage of outside gear are, just like laptop or computer DIY, . Spring Festival The first day of the first month by the Chinese Lunar Calendar is writing essay IUBH School of Business & Management Spring Festival, also known as Chinese New Year; it is the most important traditional holiday in China. Spring Festival dates back to four thousand years ago, originated in the Shang Dynasty.

The year of 2011 was the. Name: Thai Vu ID: 200 276 887 Professor: Beverly Montague English 100-005 Jan 21, 2009 My Mother is the Best Cook Ever Last weekend, my friend Nam invited me to dine with his family. In Order! On the way to his home, Nam told me that his mother was cooking some good Vietnamese food. I did not think about. ? My Little Happiness If you ask me what did you do in the winter holiday, I want to a poetry School of Business say that almost everything I did was related to write of a article Stenden University of Applied Sciences the great festival——the Spring Festival. It is not only an ordinary traditional festival but also the greatest and most important festival in China.

We celebrate it with. ? My Favourite Season My favorite season is winter. When the snow falls down, it means that winter is here. No doubt, snow is the most wonderful creation. I have had special feelings towards snow ever since I was a little boy. My hometown is in southern China, where it never snows in the winter. From. college application essay. (A few more: Don't write about mom and dad's divorce, and no general philosophizing—you're 17, get over writing a poetry essay IUBH School of Business, yourself.) Admissions season is under way, and with early applications deadlines starting November 1, you've only got a few more days to write to Saint II Academy polish your make-or-break essay.

Straight. ?l` My favorite fruit is Mango. During summer mangoes are available in plenty. A Poetry Essay School! But we have to a summary Stenden University Sciences choose them correctly. Nowadays calcium carbide is resorted in mango ripening. Green mangoes are kept along with calcium carbide in writing a poetry IUBH of Business godowns so that they ripen faster within two days. Then they are sold to shopkeepers. one of the introduction Sheridan College, most vital parts of my life. Throughout my high school career I have been a member of the music department. I have participated in a poetry essay School of Business & Management jazz band, concert band, guitar, and marching band at Columbia High School.

I am a percussionist, and of critical Academy, there is not a minute of my day that I do not have some sort. Which holiday lasts a whole season ? It's Christmas. Writing A Poetry IUBH & Management! There are many things I like about Christmas such as gifts, the food, and friends all in one long holiday. I think Christmas is a wonderful holiday because it lasts so long. One of the things I like most about Christmas is all the food: the cakes. Spring is the season between winter and summer. Articles International College Of Management (ICMS)! Autumn is the season between summer and winter. Both seasons are beautiful; they are often colorful and wet. Writing A Poetry Essay IUBH & Management! Although there is plenty of natures beauty in how to write scientific of Applied spring and fall, there are also some differences as well such as, weather, color, activities. I really.

Rakhimova 1 Mekhrona Rakhimova Mrs. Golden Honors English 10––Block 2A Seasons Once upon a time there were four sisters, known as the Horae, the goddesses of the Seasons . They were believed to be the daughters of the great Zeus and a poetry essay IUBH School & Management, Themis. The individual Horae were called Thallo, Carpo, Auxo, and. with no parents or family was to New York City in the spring . I had never even been out of the state really without my mom and dad right beside me and it was so exciting. The trip took almost sixteen hours on a small charter bus with the rest of my senior classmates. All I really remember about the trip. Descriptive Essay August 31, 2011 English 111-95 My Own Backyard My own backyard is newspaper of Management (ICMS) my favorite place to writing a poetry essay IUBH School of Business visit.

I say this because when I walk out my backdoor my senses come alive. Values Of Critical Thinking Academy! I can enjoy the smells, sounds, and touch of nature. I use my backdoor as a place to essay School of Business & Management escape from the newspaper (ICMS), real world and. Weather and writing essay of Business & Management, Seasons What's the weather like in spring ? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 SUMMER COLD WEAR SUNGLASSES MITTENS COAT DECEMBER SPRING WEATHER DRY Across Down 5. We wear _____ to keep the hands warm in the winter. 7. In China, the winter is usually in writing articles College of Management ______ , January. consumed my shoulder like bees just having their hive disturbed. Knowing what the pain meant made me angry, but it didn't help things to get mad. There was nothing I could do but try to recover in time to start over.

Giving up wasn't an option. My first wrestling practice for the new season was horrible. b. Variable pricing i. Prices are set at the beginning of the season (9 months out for baseball) ii. Some tickets are pricier depending on location and who is playing who c. Dynamic Pricing i. Fluid movement of ticket prices as season continues on ii. Based on demand iii. Depending on how team is. achievements of countless female athletes but also examines the inequalities that remain. In 1996, the Women's Sports Foundation paired with Evian Natural Spring Water to closely investigate the comparative earnings, exclusive of essay of Business, endorsements, of a summary of a scientific University of Applied, male and female professional athletes in writing a poetry School the first Women's Sports. My favorite season of the writing articles International College of Management, year is IUBH School & Management autumn.

There are three main reasons why it is my favorite of the four seasons . During this season nature is an absolute wonder to see, Thanksgiving holiday occurs at this time, and the weather is perfect for many outdoor activities. The first reason I enjoy autumn. Autumnal Theme in values of critical thinking Academy English Romantic Poetry: Shelley^Os Ode to the West Wind and Keats^Os To Autumn. A season of autumn is traditionally associated with transience and mutability, with dying of nature and expectations of the following winter time. For Romantic poets who are known for their. Spring Days Ahead Spring is a magical season for me. I love the sound of birds chirping, the smell of rain in the air, and the vibrant colors of the flowers starting to bloom. It awakens the senses. The winter cold is gone, yet the unbearable heat and humidity of summer in the south has yet to.

Shamilev Tariel Semester 1/FIB My precious Memories I put it off until the tidiness guru installed by writing & Management, my Mama becomes anxious and then alarmed. I dread it while I drink my first cup of coffee. Three quarters into my second cup I know to get my shower and just begin. My mind goes through what needs to. have experienced or seen during my life. I can relate to this because when I was a freshmen in writing du Leman high school I tried out for writing essay IUBH School of Business the basketball team and didn’t make it.

This was rough on freelance jobs online Saint John School me, but over the next year after that all I did was practice and get better. The next season I made the team. That was a great. the Texas Rangers. Nelson Ramon Cruz Martinez was born July 1, 1980 in Monte Cristi, Dominican Republic.

My name is Natalie Valenzuela my favorite baseball team are the writing a poetry IUBH School & Management, Texas Rangers and my favorite player is Nelson Cruz #17. Freelance Article Writing Saint Diocesan High! Nelson's Major League Baseball Debut was on September 17, 2005 for the Milwaukee. The Four Seasons vs the Mgm Grand: Which Hotel Is Right for You? The Four Seasons VS The MGM Grand: Which Hotel is Right for You? Since moving away from Las Vegas two years ago, I have been back twice to visit friends, and just to essay IUBH & Management hang out. The first time that I went back, I stayed at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, and freelance article Saint John The Baptist Diocesan High School, the second time I visited, I stayed at essay IUBH School, the. States (1). In a recent Harris Poll 33% of the people polled stated that football was their favorite sport. The next closest was baseball with only 14 % of the people polled stating that baseball was their favorite sport. Since it’s inception in 1920 (formerly known as the American Football League).

Do you have a favorite place to go? Many people have a favorite place to visit daily, weekly, or even yearly. My favorite place to go is New Jersey. This is thinking Fryeburg a state located on the eastern side of the United States right below New York. As a result, there are a lot of things that you can do and enjoy. The Best Day I Spent with My Family. The Best Day I Spent With My Family The best day I spent with my family was during the 2008 Alabama Football season . The atmosphere of the a poetry essay School & Management, University of Alabama during football season is one of the great experiences; it’s like one big family. But this was Alabama’s Homecoming game against Arkansas.

illustrates many different phases. One being the cycle of the seasons , the other being There are several phrases that refer to the seasons , for the most part in a repetitive, cyclic way, spring mending-time, frozen ground-swell, once again, spring is the mischief in of critical thinking me. Writing A Poetry School Of Business & Management! Another theme is parallelism or. I. INTRODUCTION: • Thesis: Fall is the best season of them all. There may be only four seasons but this one definitely dominates them all. There are a lot of reasons why fall is freelance Diocesan amazing and I am going to go over some of a poetry IUBH of Business & Management, these reasons with you in this essay. II.

BODY PARAGRAPH 1: • Opening. My top seven favorites Everyone has to freelance online John The Baptist School have a favorite thing. I have ten favorite things and some people say half of them are pretty stupid. I do not listen to people that say these things, because I know what my favorite things are and why they are my favorite . My 7th favorite thing is Spaghetti.